AUGUST Challenges, Projects & Organizing Ourselves..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hi LK - sorry, I losted you all!! Found you now.
I'm ok - been having some fun with Susan here, and she left on the 18th. Had an uneventlul flight home - only 8 1/2 hours from start to finish & home.
Also had some "fun" with my meds - bouncing all other the place (too high, too low) and have been changing them as needed. Also, on Sunday night I wasn't well, so Health Links (phone-in nurse) advised I go to Emerg. Turned out that nothing was wrong, but wanted me to go next day to have more blood tests for my epilepsy meds. Monday evening a dog (Willie) bit Bob in the palm below his thumb. Whole big story there, but we went back to Emerg for a tetnus shot, get his hand cleaned & rebandaged. Public Health called to get info on the dog's owners (our next door neighbours). Last night we'd JUST been to a Dog Days info session, and took some info to our neighbours. Bob offered to walk their dog, but before he could get the leash & colloar on, he ran to the across-the-street neighbour's dog who was barking at him. That dog (Buddy) pinned Willie, and Buddy's owner (Laura) came out with a rake of all things, to separate the dogs. Found out today that Willie is at the vet's getting a gash from the rake stitched up & it's going to cost our Linda & Dave $1k for the bill. Someone else told me that as the human attacked Willie with a rake, that she's responsible for the vet bill. I told Linda & Dave that they'd better NOT talk to Laura about it, but to contact the ByLaw Officer & ask if that's the case, and if so - let THEM contact Laura after conferring with the vet. Personally, I think under No circumstances should Linda & Dave approach either Laura about Buddy, OR the Property Managers about the incident.
Just heard from my Dr - my epilepsy medication level is too low, so he wants me to take one extra pill per day for a couple of days & go in for a blood test on Thurs. I thought it was low. Glad he confirmed it

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Boy, your group has had some dog gone bad luck! (Yeah, BAD pun!)

I have 1/2 a deck!! No roof yet, things are moving along.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry to hear all you are going through Susan.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

meh - it's ok. Minor, compared to stuff others are going through. Ours are temporary things, and we'll get past them.
When I think of all the things my friends here are going through.... wow!
Tomorrow morning Bob's going to pick Carol up at the airport. She's been in Cuba since the beginning of March.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Is Carol one of your neighbors Susan? How is Bobís hand?

Will be working on pillows with the girls this weekend,that will be it for sewing this weekend but we will be crafting..

Heard from Joyce, she is just on her way to pick up the girls..will make for a l9ng travelling day for them.

Enjoy your visit with the girls. Will be waiting for photos.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iíll be taking s9me..think Debbie is joining us..she had headache this morning so might just come tomorrow

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Can't wait to read all about the girls visit. and of course, see photos. Betty, you are so good about posting photos of all the fun things you do.

Pat you must be so happy that things are underway with your dek.

I received a new table umbrella today from Wayfair. Very nice 9' vivid orange. My old one was all faded and a little bent so it wouldn't go all the way open without pulling on it from one side. Tomorrow I will be received a cantilevered umbrella for the other side of the deck. The color of it is orange as well. It has to be screwed down to the deck. It is 10ft. wide. First time I have ever ordered from Wayfair. They have lots of wonderful things and lots of sales. These two umbrellas came to $261.00. with the tax. Free shipping if you order over $75.00. Takes a bit longer to arrive than Amazon. My cantilever umbrella was in Etobicoke this morning..in transit. It is to be delivered by Purolator I am excited to se it. My garden helper Mike will install it for me..

Carol, we really can't use the umbrellas in our area due to high winds that are frequent. Yes, I am excited. The decking is in, the roof framing is almost finished. I have a portable ramp ordered so Ben can access the area. I am REALLY looking forward to having Ben out on the new deck. His access to our backyard etc has been so limited. He has only seen it a couple of times, and that was from inside his truck when we drove it on the grass to access it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Canít seem to get on the best thread..we are just leaving for a day in Bala so will chat when we get home

Have a great trip.

Ramp is here, patio is closer to finished. I am frantically watering everything as I have had the water off while construction was going on. I did not want the trip hazard etc for contractors. I am really looking forward to finish & clean up.

I will hire my neighbor boys to do some sprucing up and weeding, then calling it quits back there for this year. I want to construct a moveable 'screen' to visually coverup the heat pump etc.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Could someone check to see if the best/Worse thread has been taken off dg..I had to register today and now I canít get it

Betty, it is still there. Did you sign in with your same username, or a different one?

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1512731/

Victoria Harbour, ON

I press on link and it brings me back to last watched threads but not ours

Victoria Harbour, ON

Big sigh, checked my cc number, membership did go through but canít access...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Quick hi, canít access the Best Worse What did I learn today thread..grrr

It should bring you to the best thread.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Doesnít nor does it list it..I didnít x some of old threads, open them and brings me to beginner page

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1512731/?page=3#post_10443829

Try again? I just posted over there.

I got more quilt blocks done. I decided the pink/white/black quilt top needed to be bigger so I will add another row of blocks. It will be king sized and not quite drop to the floor. I have the bed on higher stand (I think 18 inches). It is turning out very nice and I can't wait to get it on the long arm next week. I hope I can sweet talk my sister into ironing that huge backing for me!

In typical ADD fashion, I am also doing a couple of blocks for some of the other quilt tops. I about went crazy looking for one of the patterns we used to use. The one that has 2.5 inch square in opposite corners, sew around exterior cut thur the diagonal and stack, then 2 more cuts and reassemble. I really like that pattern and I was sad until I found it again!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nope,

Know my subscription was up, paid it, came out of my account, now no go

About ready to say goodbye to dg and just gab on facebook

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

oh NO Betty - send a ticket to DG - we would miss you here, for sure!!
I use Messenger, but hardly ever go to the threads in FB.

Carol is our next door neighbour, newly returned from Cuba & going back she hopes, in November before her b-day on Nov 10th.
Bob's hand looks a bit "angry" at one puncture so the Dr has him on anti-biotics. Hope it's better in a couple of days.
Labour Day long weekend, so a lot of shops are closed.
Little projects to be done - such as 2 banners I got from our old Calgary church need a bit of stitching. One that is the cross in a stained glass pattern needs the white cross re-appliqued because it's stained - water marks & paint spatters from who knows what. Can't get either stain out, so I will find some white fabric & applique over the white part that's the cross.....

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Please Betty, STAY! I am sure the glitch can be worked out.

I just don't get to FB, even when I get notifications. I RARELY add anyone as friends. I just can't keep up. Please don't go Betty.

Angoulême, PC

Quote from Bettypauze :
Moved us from here

Photo from Pinterest, my next project

It's all hand sewn and hand quilted, simple sunbonnet Sue design.
https://sudoku.kim/ https://onlinesbi.tips/ https://aadharcard.vip/
This message was edited Sep 2, 2019 1:34 PM

This message was edited Sep 8, 2019 1:42 PM

Betty, I was going to ask if you signed into the right account, but if you are posting here, I know you have.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Still no access

Hope they get it figured out soon.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Yes, I hope it's fixed soon. Maybe they forgot to apply your payment. This one is a free part of DG isn't it?
We should move to September - August is finished.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Too busy this past week to move us over, will do shortly..
Debbie just left and the Ohio girls leaving in next 1/2 hr..sewing ladies to arrive in 15 minutes, best I make myself a coffee..no putting up my feet today
Tomorrow will get all the bedding washed,by then yours truly will be ready for a quiet weekend...lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Looks like you all had a great time.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

It does doesn't it? Gee, I'm kind of in the middle of the country if anyone wanted a central meeting place.....

Oh but we can't expect Betty to travel all that way with all the teaching supplies!! Nope, we gotta go to her!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1515005/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.