Morning Glories 2019 #08

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Helena, we've had storms, not bad ones, passing thru but not much rain
Good news, I see quite a few sd pods on the Spec Mg and the pink you liked too as well as others. So happy , I'll have sds to share Waiting on dany's # 8 to make seeds too.
I hope you get lots more Baby Blue Blizzard blooms, its the prettiest thing
Dany's # 8 made this bloom with more blue showing,
Pretty Blue Silk, hoping for seeds
Found this pretty Curcuma Ginger at Lowes, Its different than the one I already had

This message was edited Aug 26, 2019 12:10 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Yep, baby blue blzd Saz had a bloom that was damaged by the rain. But I found out that the vine is actually coming from a pot so I can keep a better eye on it now and even bring it to the patio if I have to. Definitely will be looking for seeds. I also trimmed the weeds from that pot so not to damage the roots.
I'm glad you see seed pods on your mgs Jackie.
Love your # 8 from Dany and Blue Silk is so pretty. The blue in those blooms are so soft, awesome. I like your ginger, nice find.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Jackie those are so pretty. I love the coloring on the 2nd blue one. Almost looks like a water color. I love the ginger too.

Thanks girls.
Got my hands full trying to feed and water 2 dumped pit bull pups.out on a country road.
They're eat up with mange. I've almost got that under control but one of them has feet double their normal size till he's limping. I wonder if he needs an antibiotic for that.
I'm handling the mange with Nex Guard and apple cider vinegar. Its drying up
but I'm worried about his feet

I got Cephalexin capsules and giving them to the 2 dogs. Hope that clears it up.
More than anything, I hope I can find good homes for them, they're sweet puppies.

Gautier, MS

Goodness Jackie. You have a soft heart for animals. I would be afraid of messing with pit bulls. But seems you can handle them. Hope they heal and get better.
I'm also feeding a tame kitty cat across the street from my house. Actually it comes over to my yard daily, but I already have enough pets that the kids don't take care of. They just love on them!
No blooms today but good that the rain stopped.

Helena, I would be afraid but these are small pups about 15 pounds.
They are so happy to see me cause they know I'm bringing them food and fresh water.
We had more rain overnight.
Purple "George Strait

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Can imagine that they are happy to see you and get fed.
I was surprise that we had another light shower earlier but the sun is out now nice and bright I've been getting a hummer visit the feeder last few days.
Beautiful purple George straight Jackie. Love the color. I still have old seeds of G S that I need to grow out, maybe in spring.

Thanks Helena. I've got so much going on that I can't even think about starting any
seeds, wish I could just no time. Probably be spring for me too

Beautiful bloom Jackie.
Bless you for taking care of the puppies. Praying you can get them healed, and find homes for them.

Linda, when I went to feed them their nightime food and clean water, they were gone, the people next door had called the pound after I had just told the d-i-l that I was treating the mange and it was drying up and looking so much better I had done it with
Nex guard which is the newest thing for mange, not just for fleas anymore. The vet clinic had clued me in about it.
Then for 3 days I gave them apple cider vinegar mixed in wet cat food and some dog chow to soak up the vinegar. They gobbled it right down never having had meat before. I had purchased Cephalexin in gel cap form and I had started them on that because the worst puppies feet looked awful. Of course this was all being done in hopes I could get a rescue group to find homes for them after they healed. Its been taken out of my hands now. The only good thing is the local shelter is now a no kill shelter. I;m calling them them in the am and offering to bring their medicine by. I;m going to miss them, was getting attached.

Glad they were picked up, and not running free. I would hate for someone to drive through and hit them. It is so easy to get attached to them.

Gautier, MS

I'm surprised by the call from your neighbor but I'm sure the pound will continue to treat them and even find homes for them eventually. Only one mg bloom this morning, the tropical Pics are from yesterday.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Linda and Helena,. I found them, not at the local pound. I called and the nice man
got me the phone # that the call came in from. Called him and he told me where he took them, a rescue place so they';re safe. The lady told me she gave them a bath and they;re going to the vet today. I told her about Nexguard and the Cephalexin
and the apple cider vinegar, so they could continue the Ceph if need be.
I am so relieved.
I had a new bloom, from Becky;s Mauve Splash seeds. The pattern is off
a little, maybe future blooms will be more like the original.

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Jackie, I am glad to hear they are in a safe place.

Thanks Linda. Yes they are safe, much relieved. It was a chore for me but I could have done it for a few more weeks.. I hope I can go see them at some point

Gautier, MS

Glad to hear the pups are safe too Jackie.
Beautiful bloom Jackie.
Reminds me a little of Ip. Raiko. Maybe you can look it up in the Plantfiles. I can't access it when I try. I don't know what I do wrong.
No mg blooms for me this morning.

Thanks Helena.
A chore for me too
My blooms are slowing down too. I;m still waiting on a couple of Tri-colors to open.
When I;m using Plant Files. It brings up all the mgs as I recall,I have to go'thru all of the pics. then it takes 2 to 3 minutes for each page to load when I click next.
I had a blue open that I think is Early Call Mixed, my pic isn;t very good so not'sending.
I did have a pretty George Strait and Black King.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful George Strait and Black King Jackie. Wish I had grown those.
See, I haven't even tried to go to Plantfiles b/c I don't even get to what you're getting.
Oh well.

Edit to say, found Ipomoea Plantfiles. But goodness it took me forever to look, my computer is too slow.
It sure looks different than what I remember, loads of sweet potatoes vines.
Did find Ip. Raiko the color is similar but it has stripes not blzd.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2019 1:40 PM

Helena, glad you were able to get to the Ipomoea pics. I don;t think its your computer
being slow, i think its the Plant files format that causes it to be so slow.
Nights turning cooler here, 63 last night. Won't be long b4 I have to wrap my ghouse up in plastic again. I won't be surprised if fall comes a little early.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I think there was a lot of repeated pictures with same info. I'm not one to be interested in growing sweet potatoe vines and there was too many of them.
Wish our temps were a bit lower but don't really want an early winter either.
I know I need to get my gh ready too, so much work to look forward to in the cooler weather.
My speckled weird choco color bloomed but no seed and most of the blooms have been sterile. Not a good pic, it does have a tint of light yellow. If I get a good bloom with pollen, I will hand pollinate it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, Ron told us yrs ago that Plant files was not very accurate with people posting
the wrong names to their pics, not bothering to check their facts 1st b4 posting, I
seldom look there.
Lovey bloom, I can see a hint of yellow. Wish some of our vines/blooms wasn't sterile.
DH told me the other day that he talked to a lady at groc store and she is going to have an operation for the same eye problem I have, the crease I'm going to ask my eye Dr when I go in 2 weeks. The crease is why my vision is so poor in my right eye, When I had the cataract removed from that eye last Oct, my vision did not improve at all because of the crease
Dany;s # 8 gifted me with another bloom, hoping for just 1 seed pod.
Ukigumo opened just her 2nd bloom
Purple Ga Strait
Spec Mg bloom crimped
I think this is Kismic Kell
Most all my blooms smaller the last 2 nights due to the cool temps,

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie and Helena.
Praying you can get your eye surgery approval.

Thanks Linda. would be wonderful to have part of the vision in that eye restored.
I do have macular degeneration in that same eye but I take my eye vitamins to keep it from getting any worse.

Oops, past time for a new thread

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1514656

This message was edited Aug 30, 2019 5:48 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.