SOLVED: Hydrangea id

Charleston, SC

Does anyone know the name of this Hydrangea?

Thanks for any help!

Bob

Thumbnail by bobthescgardene Thumbnail by bobthescgardene Thumbnail by bobthescgardene
Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Sorry, can't help with id but what an adorable hydrangea! Is this in your garden?
Thanks, Brenda

Charleston, SC

It's growing in a client's garden and I just love the unique color and flower form of this hydrangea! Thinking about doing some cuttings. It reminds me of a variety called 'Ayesha'.

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Pictures 1 and 2 do not remind of a hydrangea bloom (nor do they remind me of my Ayesha blooms) but Picture 3 does.

Northern California, CA(Zone 9b)

I have looked and looked to no avail. For sure it looks like the double form of Hydrangea macrophylla ‘Ayesha.’ There are so many hydrangea cultivars, I wonder if it was a reject from a breeding program because it did not get a full head. Did you ask the owner where they got it?

You might email some hydrangea specialty nurseries.

I love it too!
Ayesha is just missing the outer skirt.

Thumbnail by Kell
Dearborn Heights, MI(Zone 6a)

Ayesha is the only Hydrangea I can think of with those type and shape blooms. I think it is Ayesha that needs some fertilizer, and a moister growing environment.
I have a few other cultivars that did not like where I planted them and had small blooms or very few like this one.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.