Only a few more days to enter our 19th Annual Photo Contest. Voting starts this Friday! You can submit your best images HERE

Changes to the website?

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

I usually go into the website by browsing the hydrangea forum:

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/hydrangeas/all/

Today, I noticed that the webpage that was displayed does not show a place to do a search. There used to be a place for that in the upper right-hand corner. I looked in other webpages and had trouble finding places to do forum searches. Anyone else or am I drinking too many martinis again? ;o))

Does anyone know if the website has been upgraded? ;o)

TIA, Luis

Clarksville, TN(Zone 6b)

There have been changes to the site. If you go to your home page, you'll find a search box at the very top of that page.

El Segundo, CA

We removed the site search for just the Plant,Bug and Birdfiles. People were using it to search the plantfile and it was causing confusion. The site search is still there, it's just on the main area of the site.

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

"The site search is still there, it's just on the main area of the site."
Hmm, "main area of the site"? can you post a link to where this site search is? I could not find it. I clicked on the Communities Link given at the top of this page and found a search that did not produce any listing results for the forums. The search on the home page does not list results for the forums either.

TIA, Luis

El Segundo, CA

It's located on almost all sections of the site. Here's the main Plant/Bird/Bugfiles page where it can be seen in the upper left.

https://davesgarden.com/guides/

Thumbnail by IBtyen
Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

I see it in hardly any web pages. I saw it on the link you provided but that was it. When I then clicked on PlantFiles, BugFiles, BirdFiles, it is not in any of them. I also went to several forums in Plant Talk and did not find it in any either.

El Segundo, CA

Hi Luis,

The site search was removed from Plant, Bird and Bugfiles because users were using the search thinking they were searching the particular file they were in.

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

I have noticed that the search does not appear when I use Firefox. Any reason for that?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.