Where do they come from?

This message was edited Wednesday, Dec 12th 2:01 PM

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Baa, you have covered pretty well the main reasons for my attitude during the season. I stay home for the most part, or go at times least likely to be popular with the masses. It never ceases to amaze me that people accept this madness as normal and even desirable. It's no wonder some call it a pagan ritual.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Consumerism!! Stay at home during the madness, listen to beautiful music and dwell on the real meaning of Christmas - which I'm sure you do!! :-)

This message was edited Tuesday, Dec 11th 7:35 AM

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

All of the above, yes. For which I have absorbed my share of criticism, as people seem to think my not whooping it up means I'm a grinch.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

But whooping it up is good also - everything in perspective!!

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Louisa, that's the tricky part, keeping it in perspective. I confess that when the monster ( my light side) is uncaged, at least some people are amused. Others are embarrassed or threatened, but I can't please everyone, can I?

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Aimee I think I like the monster part of you best and if it embarrasses people they can always look the other way!! It's their loss!! :-)

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Louisa, you are such a doll to say that! Sometimes when I get too boisterous, I sort of slink away and wonder if I dare ever to go back there. Maybe I'm a dual personality, the quiet shy one like Zany (?) and the cut up.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

ROFL - Zany - shy???? You have to be kidding!!! Don't you think we all have a kind of dual personality - it depends on circumstances I think.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

And my mood, which is greatly influenced by the company of the moment,among other things. Yes, we do, and it's necessary to get us through all the different occasions that make up a life. Louisa, you are so wise! And you make me feel good.

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

Well thank goodness I can make someone feel good!! Yes, it all boils down to the company we keep :-)

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

i heard that....the shy one whispered...

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

My goodness Zany - great hearing capabilities there and you even have a cold!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon. My flu really got me down for days and I'm still coughing and spluttering!!

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

Thas alwight, my nosse ith stuffed but not my ears!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

ROFL - When I have a cold/flu, everything gets stuffed!!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

....hey, was it you guys thet gabe me da code in my node and heed???!!!

"eyes"

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

ROFL - but really do hope you get to feeling better soon eyes!!

Crossville, TN

Since Baa deleted her post and I don't know what it was about, I'll just say..."Hello ALL! Merry Christmas."..and hope that I'm being "politically Correct"! I love all of you here on DG...and you don't know how much your wit has helped me get through some days! Thank you all. Jo

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

((((Jo)))) we are all friends here and support each other. Many is the time I could have gone under but for the warmth and love I have received here. I don't know why Baa deleted her post. I hope she hasn't been offended in any way. She intimated how frenzied were the couple of weeks before Christmas and wondered where all the people came from and also how she could escape from it all. In our own way, we gave her some ideas :-) A Blessed Christmas to you dear Jo!!

Not offended, just removed it. It was just supposed to be tongue in cheek. I know full well how to escape the Christmas rush, no one can force me to buy anything ;)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images