Should we open up this wall into our Living Room?

Harleysville, PA

We have a rancher and I like a more open floor look. We have a hallway that goes from our kitchen to the living room. The issue is on the one side of the wall is the bathroom so if we open up the wall once you are in the living room you can see the bathroom door. Would you take this wall out anyway? Just want others opinions? Here's a few pictures now before taking wall out.The hallway is narrow so I felt opening it up would give it a bigger feel.

Thumbnail by jess2132000 Thumbnail by jess2132000 Thumbnail by jess2132000 Thumbnail by jess2132000 Thumbnail by jess2132000

Quote from jess2132000 :
We have a rancher and I like a more open floor look. We have a hallway that goes from our kitchen to the living room. The issue is on the one side of the wall is the bathroom so if we open up the wall once you are in the living room you can see the bathroom door. Would you take this wall out anyway? Just want others opinions? Here's a few pictures now before taking wall out.The hallway is narrow so I felt opening it up would give it a bigger feel.

Nice post here I am also want to share about home staging service you are looking for staging company Mississauga then contact Astra Staging for home staging services. You can visit our website also: https://www.astrastaging.com/

This message was edited Dec 3, 2019 9:05 PM

Hello, we are a service provider of short term rental so If you are looking for short term rental apartment in Toronto then contact City Gate Suites company. Visit our website: https://www.citygatesuites.com/

Monroe, WI(Zone 4b)

Jess, I just saw this. Obviously the couple posts above are trolls. I am not. I am probably too late with my "opinion", but yes yes yes.........take that wall out. You will never regret it. I had a wall between my living room and kitchen. Well, actually, between those two rooms was what I called a "non-room" because it served NO purpose at all. A family friend that did some home construction was called on to put sheetrock on the living room. He had started knocking the old, crappy sand finished painted plaster off the walls. I went out to the barn to milk and about 3 hours later when I came in the house he had the WHOLE WALL between the LR and the "non-room" knocked out. I asked "Neil, what the hell have you done?" He said "live with it over the weekend, I think you will like it". He was wrong, by the next day I LOVED it, and have continued to love it for the next 45 years! Best thing ever. It's like I have one big room, open concept for sure. What did you do?

I should add here that we have a very old farmhouse and ANYTHING that was done was an improvement. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.