Morning Glories 2019 #12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1521629
Aug 2013

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

I am enjoying your beautiful blooms from 2013 Jackie, all with such pretty colors.
I didn't have any blooms this morning but see one or two buds to open tomorrow.
Thanks Linda on the chocolate bloom.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread and for the beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Helena and you're welcome Linda. Running late today as I had to go get a flu shot and B-12 shot. Looking forward to your next blooms Helena.

My yellow brug is still loaded with blooms although I haven't fed it since I brought it home, last 3 pics.........It sticks out over 4 feet in 1 direction 3 and 1./2 feet in another and the same toward the front. every way I turn it, its so wide, I can't get by it without brushing against blooms.
Blue Silk and Purple T Dye 2014

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those morning glories are a beautiful blue and purple. You must be doing something right, that brug is looking very happy.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms from 2014 Jackie. I really like your yellow brug blooms, looks like a nice healthy plant.
I was away this weekend, took pics of my mgs but both my phone and computer are not cooperating in downloading and working slow as snails. So will try to post pics later on if I can.

Gautier, MS

These bloomed on Saturday morning. Still having delays on downloading my other pictures.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Pretty blooms Helena, so glad your vines are starting to bloom.

Helena, those are so pretty. I love the middle one, soft blue color that fades to the center.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. My pics finally downloaded and 2 vines boomed this morning.
I loved the sunrise on my way home yesterday. Had 2 chocolate blooms yesterday and the blue and choco this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful sunrise Helena, I love the color of your chocolates and the blue is
gorgeous.

I agree Jackie. Those blooms are beautiful. So is that sunrise.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Yes that was the sunrise Linda.

Two more chocolate blooms this morning. Glad they are good bloomers. My other vines are getting closer to blooming too in a day or two, I hope.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are beautiful. Can't wait to see what else is going to bloom.

Love the chocolates. I think it was in 2017 that I had a vine mis-labeled and it turned out to be a giant chocolate. Going to look for those seeds in the spring, Helena you're pretty chocolates makes me want to grow one or two of them.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I have one of the chocolate blooms this morning that did not close. I took a pic but haven't downloaded it yet. I have been hand pollinating the blooms almost everyday since I want seeds from the vines. I think it was in 2010 that I grew around 24 chocolate vines. I had them planted in the ground after they started outgrowing the gallon pots. They grew really good around tomato cages and bamboo sticks. So I hope you find your seeds Jackie, chocolate blooms are such unusual pretty colors.

Helena, I have them from a few different yrs so should be able to find a few. Some were just huge though and those are the seeds I hope I can find. Seems like I'remember you had lots of pretty chocolate blooms a few yrs ago.
Can't believe its almost Christmas, I still don't have a tree up.
My Confederate Rose Hibiscus opened one bloom I was happy to see. It should
have darkened up more.

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful Confederate rose Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Love your Confederate rose Jackie. I haven't checked if mine ever bloomed this year.
I love to see huge blooms so hope you find some of those seeds. It's almost shocking to see them and very memorable too.

Thanks Helena, The huge blooms are shocking. I had a 7 inch chocolate one yr

I put up one of those tiny 2 foot trees. It had got to the point that I was always the only one putting up the large tree and hanging the decorations. If they want the large tree up, they'll have to do it I'm rebelling this yr :-)

Gautier, MS

I haven't put up our little tree yet. Getting caught up on my chores this weekend. Had to water plants in my green house. They are doing pretty good. still have blooms on a Mexican salvia, and tropical turks cap and bottlebrush. Frost didn't get them yet close to the house. My mg vines in gh are doing good too.

Beautiful blooms Helena. You are lucky to still have blooms.

Beautiful tropicals Helena and I love your pretty Salvia, mg's looking
good too!!

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. The trees protected a lot of my plants from getting the first few frosts. But most of the leaves have fallen so next frost might kill the rest.
My Clitoria vine is doing good and growing around 4 inches tall.

Helena, I bought some new Clitoria sds too I need to start a few. glad yours is
doing well.
I missed a yellow mg bloom this am, Did not realize the ochracea was blooming.
It's in the pot with the yellow Thunbergia and facing the wall so hard to see.
The Thunbergia always has spider mites so they are'
probably on my ochracea too.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, so glad you noticed that beautiful yellow bloom.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms on your Ochracea Jackie and Thunbergia. It's a shame that the spider mites found them.
When I was in LA. my daughter found hundreds of ladybugs hibernating in a truck door seal. she got me some, I released them in my greenhouse. So if I get bugs I hope they get them, they are hiding somewhere in there.
Either tonight or tomorrow I will have at least one or 2 neat blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Linda, I turned the pot around to take my pic so hopefully I'll see the rest of her blooms as they open.
Looking forward to your new blooms Helena. That last one with the beautiful lime colored lvs looks familar, is it one of Danys? One Dana shared with me made those same colored lvs. Love the color the bud is showing.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Yes, it's one of Dany's seed of Q269, the leaves are true but the bloom that opened this morning is a cross. I was really hoping for the original bloom so I'm kind of disappointed. I don't know if the color of the bloom is affected from being grown in winter or it crossed with another bloom. The vine only has another bud and is very short. Maybe I need to feed it, I have not had good luck growing Q269 this past year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I know you wanted the original bloom but that bloom is gorgeous.
I think its a cross because the time of the yr its blooming usually doesn't affect the color of my bloom. I need to see if I can find my Q269 sds and see what blooms I get.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I hope you find your seeds and grow it. Would love to see what you get.

Gautier, MS

I have a large pretty chocolate bloom this morning. I pollinated Q269 late last night, it looks like it took by the way it is closing this morning. Going to have at least 3 blooms tomorrow morning, 2 pinks and a blue Not sure if its morning breeze or morning whispers.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Absolutely beautiful bloom on the chocolate this morning Helena. I loved the
Morning Breeze the other day. Have we seen Morning Whispers yet? Sounds like'a new bloom.

Helena, those are such stunning blooms. I love those colors.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Morning Whispers is one of Emma's mgs, it's blue with a white center. It looked like the first bloom I had thought as morning breeze. It's possible to accidentally drop a seed and get a mix or get a cross surprise.

LOOKING forward to Morning Whispers Helena.
You know Becky shared her Lavender Beauty with me years ago and all
my blooms were a lovely blue. Some kind of cross on her end, I love it to
this day. Gotta love surprises.

Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie that is a beautiful blue.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blue bloom Jackie, I agree with Linda. Yes, that happens way too often, with crossings from one season to next.
I love my blooms today. And I really don't know what the blue is b/c today it has blizzard on it.. The pink blooms I bought from Onalee, her packets from Japan.

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.