Morning Glories 2019 #12

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Linda and Helena
Gorgeous pink blooms from Onalee Helena and so is the blue from Emma.
Maybe you'll be able to id the blue later

This pic from the other day of ochracea, my new bloom pic didn't turn out
Pink Christmas cactus just starting to bloom, it doesn't have very many buds.
Ants all over some of my plants, just sick of them

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Pretty Ochracea and cactus blooms Jackie. I'm sorry to see all those ants on your plants, I hate it when they invade my plants.
I left my 2 cactus plants outside until about a week ago, almost lost my white pinkish b/c it needed to be watered. But the less light and cold weather brought on lots of buds that are ready to open. Hubby bought me a white and red azalea.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful blooms ladies.

Thanks girls. Dh says he will help me get rid of the ants next yr After I get my plants'out of the g house next May, he will pour gasoline. We hate to but they have killed my pretty Podranea ricasoliana and other plants and I will probably lose more.
They destroyed my Hamelia patens, carrying scale all over them and now on my
new Tecoma stans, smh
Beautiful Christmas Cactus Helena and gorgeous AZalea

Ants are so destructive. I hope you can get rid of them

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I get rid of ants when they invade my pots by filling a bucket with water than placing the pot to soak in it. Of coarse they want to find another pot so I also scatter ant poison around my other pots. But hope your Dh can get rid of them next year for you.
Took pics of my blue bloom fading into lavender yesterday, the pinks only faded slighted. This morning I had a very small 2nd bloom on Q269, I'm sure b/c of the cold by the window. Beautiful sunny day this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, when I soak 1 pot they just go into another one. I have over 250 plants
in the g house. I'm afraid to use the poison around the pots since my cats go in there. I hope whatever he uses on them next yr works too Helena, just sick of them.
Beautiful colors on your blooms this morning, the pinks are to die for.

I

Gautier, MS

I understand your problem Jackie with the ants.

Thanks Jackie. No blooms today from the mgs but my baby salvias are doing good and should be transplanted into their own pots.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Your Salvia's look good Helena. Is that a bud showing on the Salvia to the far right??

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie, no that is just the top leaves. They have a long way to grow before they bloom.
Just spotted a few blooms on my camellia bushes. Also the lower leaves are full of mildew, have no idea why. A few years ago I cut them down but they have been growing back. It has a really pretty pink color.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Those are such a beautiful pink Helena. Sure hope you can control the mildew problem.

I love Camelias Helena and yours are a lovely pink.
Mine should be setting buds, I haven't taken time to check.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
My pink mg has a bloom this morning. We are getting some light rain now.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

WOW. That pink is so delicate and I love the curly bloom.

A beautiful shade of pink on your bloom Helena.
We are getting a few sprinkles, been cloudy and depressing here for
over 2 weeks. Will be in the 60's here by Monday and 65 by Christmas Day
I love it, I hate the cold

A couple pics of my ochracea blooming
My yellow brug blooming its head off, a wonderful bloomer

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful yellow blooms Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I love your ochracea blooms and your brug too! I should sow a few of my old seeds of ochracea. But my blooms of it were small so kind of disappointing.

I had 3 blooms this morning, 2 chocolate that look more pink in the picture than they actually did. The blue bloom was really small, the close up picture is deceiving.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, ochracea is kinda small, a 2 and 1/2 inch to 3 inch bloom.
But since its yellow, i think its special.
Love your pretty blooms today, the cooler temps could be the reason for your smaller blue blooms. Its beautiful anyway.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I'm happy with whatever I get. Hope it warms up soon.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

It is about to get busy for Christmas here. Wishing you both a very Merry Christmas.

Thanks Linda. Merry Christmas to everyone.
Helena, if you have blooms the next couple of days, hope you find time to send pics.
I plan on checking in a few times as i don't plan on spending all day in the kitchen,

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Merry Christmas everyone.
Jackie, I hope I have blooms if not mgs and see what else is blooming.
I'll be preparing some food today and at least in the morning but should be free after noon tomorrow.

I'll be baking a little today and hopefully getting my banana pudding
made today.
I've got to make it to the stores 1 final time today hopefully b4 they all close early.

Gautier, MS

Did a lot of preparing for tomorrow too Jackie. Made a trip to grocery store half hour before they closed. Hope you got there in time too Jackie.
I'm tired out even with my daughter and grand daughter helping out. It was a long day.

Hope you get to rest this evening Helena. DH will do a bunch for me
tomorrow but I am going to change it up a little and quit trying to do such a large
meal. DD and I want something a little different so we will see how it goes tomorrow. :-)

Gautier, MS

Merry Christmas everyone!
I was able to get some good rest. Hope everything goes good for you too Jackie.
I didn't have any mg blooms this morning but here are a few that were memorable from the past..

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Merry Christmas ladies.

Helena, those are beautiful.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas A beautiful day here.
Glad you were able to get some rest Helena.
Absolutely gorgeous blooms from the past,
Those lovely blooms are different from any we have seen lately
Wonder if your seeds are still viable Helena??

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. It was a beautiful sunny day here too Jackie. Everything turned out good here.
Jackie, I didn't get any seeds from the gray one b/c I started it too late and I didn't think about bringing it inside. I don't think I had a gh then.
I loved the purple one, I think it was a huge bloom, but I have not had success with the seeds these last few years. Plum surprise did not come true, guess it was a cross. The last one the vine broke when one of the dogs got too close. I still remember it with regrets. I hope to buy new fresh soil to grow my mgs this coming year and hope they do better.

A shame you didn;t get seeds or they didn;t come true. If its a very pretty, unusual
bloom. it doesn;t seem to want to set seeds for me. I hope its a better growing yr for both of us this coming year. Although I think you had some beautiful blooms this yr Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I think you had some beautiful blooms this year too. But hope it'll be better for both of us next year.
My only bloom this morning, lite blue with white stripes.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blue bloom Helena.

Very pretty Helena, I like it.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I think I will have a nice pink bloom tomorrow. Worked on raking leaves mid morning till noon and got worn out. Still too much to do but I might get some help on the rest.

Can't wait to see your pink bloom.

I love the pink blooms you've been getting Helena, a beautiful shade of pink.
Hope you get some help with raking lvs. DH is not even trying to get ours up.
He has horrible pain in his hips and the Dr's say there's nothing they can do.

This message was edited Dec 28, 2019 12:06 PM

Jackie, can't they do a hip replacement?

Gautier, MS

I feel for your dh Jackie, it's terrible to be in pain.
I think I made a big mistake when I planted some trees around the property and let a few of the acorn trees grow.
Yes, I love my pinks blooms Haru no Hikari, the blue made a small odd bloom too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Linda, its not actually his hip, he says hip but he showed me and its right below where our kidneys are, low on his back. The Dr;s told him its arthritis. The pain so bad, he has to throw pills at it.
Helena, delicious pink and that blue is out of this world gorgeous.
Ochracea opened 5 blooms yesterday
My cigar plant (cuphea) still going strong
Ochracea on Christmas Day

This message was edited Dec 28, 2019 12:36 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.