Morning Glories 2019 #12

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Love your Ochracea blooms. Your cigar plants look good too. I let mine get a bit of frost before I moved it to the gh so it's recovering.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Helena, your blooms are beautiful, but that blue one is stunning. I love the pink in it.

Jackie, I love your yellow blooms. Glad to hear you still have your cigar plant blooming.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks girls. Helena, hope your cigar plant continues to make a recovery. I wanted
to see what a cigar cutting would do so I took one and placed it in some water.
It rooted in a week or so and I've potted it up in an 8 oz cup. The cigar seeds are dust like so wanted to see how hard it would be to do a cutting so very excited about
how easy it was.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I think the pink markings on the blue mg was from the cold temperature, it was a very small bloom. Though hard to figure out the 2 pink blooms were a nice size.
Jackie, glad your cigar plant rooted for you. They are easy to root in soil too. My plant is in a big pot and a nice size so I probably should get it in ground along with a few others tropicals that are outgrowing their pots.

Helena, I wish I could grow a few tropicals in the ground but afraid to try.
My cigar plant is in a big pot too and has outgrown it, I have to water it every other day or it wilts. I wonder what it would do if I cut it way back after it quits blooming.
Guess I need to experiment on my cutting instead of my big plant,.

Jackie, I found this information about cigar plants.

https://homeguides.sfgate.com/trim-cigar-plant-38255.html

Gautier, MS

Jackie, if you cut it back now or later I hope you just stick the cutting in a pot with soil. You can cover them with a lite color plastic bag and I bet those cuttings will root.
On the other hand the plant probably needs a bigger pot if you have to water it every other day. I'm pretty sure if you were to cut it all back, it will start send more "shoots", growing back
No blooms today.[.

Linda, thanx for taking the time to look that up for me. They supposedly would not come back for me in the ground in my zone but would in Helenas zone, at least they would come'back from the roots even tho the foliage dies down.

Helena, while I'm working in the g house, Illl try a few cigar cuttings in my potting mix and see how they do. But I have to say, it couldn't be any easier than just putting my cutting in a cup of water and watching it root in a week or two.. when rhis plant starts looking ugly, I'll go ahead and cut it back. The hummers loved it
last fall b4 I had to put it in the g house for winter.

Gautier, MS

Cold morning here today. No blooms for me either.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Happy New Year to all,
Just another work day for me.

Happy new year ladies.

I am changing my tv provider today and also my internet. May wish I had kept my
internet as changing my email will cause a lot of work possibly, changing everything over like Amazon and Ebay addresses. We can never watch The Voice all the way thru and for 2 weeks or more I haven;t been able to see all of the news and weather
and sometimes no Wheel of Fortune, just sick of it,We're going with a cable tv provider so hoping no more losing the signal constantly. (Even with just some
light clouds, smh)

Gautier, MS

I don't blame you for wanting to change Jackie. We have dish and it's frustrating when heavy rain and clouds block the signals for me too. I do like being able to record what I want to watch, watch it later and forward pass all the commercials. I liked cable when we had it but dh complained that the price get going up. But really there isn't many real good shows to watch any more in my opinion.
It was a beautiful day here today, glad I got to do a few things I wanted to get done.

omgosh Helena, they didn;t show up so I checked their reviews for this cable company and they were horrible. But then I checked my current company and theirs were horrible too and so was a 3rd very popular company.My only complaint with my current company is it loses the signal constantly. so now I don;t know what to do.

Gautier, MS

Well Jackie, when my dh talks about switching I tell no, this is better than nothing.
We only have 2 options and the others I don't know how they work.
It's too early to take pics without the sun. It's gray here they are predicting rain.

We have had bot Direct and Dish. Didn't like either one, as the program would stop when it was cloudy. So we went with spectrum. Not happy wit that either. During a program, the picture will stutter and then things are out of sync. We have to turn off the tv for about 5 minutes, and try again. They are all bad. My son is trying to convin6us to use Netflix or a fire stick, but the have different programs.

I just cancelled the install. They didn't even have any record of it, smh. They have already hit my bank account with a 161.14 charge. I'm going to dispute it and
the bank will return it and credit back my acct. Guess I will just stay with Direct
for now. Ever since they brought out a new dish last yr, the lost signal problem'has been just awful.(called it an upgrade) lol AT&T owns them so I blame them.

To the new thread http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1526675

This message was edited Jan 2, 2020 2:10 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.