JANUARY Organizing Ourselves/Sharing Ideas and just being friends...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Lordy you guys, nobody reminded me to start up a new thread, we are mid month and Iím sure all excited about new projects..

We came from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1526053/?page=1#post_10462719

Now Karen shared link and her learning tips on phone-iPad holders, well Iím right into them, changed size and filled tips with batting,love love easy to do projects.

She shared as well placemats, sorry to say I have a bin full of Christmas squares, trivet size that was meant to be a Christmas rug years ago ( 24) still in a bin so donít think I will be trying them.

Am working on a bench pillow for Valentineís Day..didnít want to spend $$ on a pattern so faking it...lol the photo attached is similar to what Iím trying to achieve except Iím not just doing square blocks, top and bottom.

I did or St Patrickís day bench pillow pattern though, more in-depth so hoping it soon will get here

Girls were over this morning to sew, Pat is doing a floral bench pillow

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread Betty.
Love all those projects.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Linda Kay you will have to show photoís of your work with the gals...

Yes, I need to get photos.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Been up since 5..got myself ready, cleaned what needed doing and now Iím working the machines..

My 2 braids are being cut into strips for Valentineís bench pillow and pillow

Embroidery machine finishing the last of promised pillow embroidery, might even get the kitty one done

3rd machine set up for iPad holders..

Now letís see how much energy I have, I figure by noon Iíll be knitting on my blanket or hat

Susan you will have to share photo of your tam

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Tops of throw pillows done for niece, now LINDA has to come so she can finish them off

Family names
Pet name
Lovers pet name lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Good morning. Just getting up here. Look at all your projects. Beautiful embroidery pieces.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ironed on Ďbe my valentine Ďbit decided it was too chunky so looking for machine embroidery design to buy

This message was edited Jan 15, 2020 10:01 AM

Good morning everyone.
Betty, what are you working on?

Went to quilting group yesterday. Everyone there was in the process of deciding on next project or cutting one out.
This is the rail fence I am working on.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Love it LIndakay, all batiques? Have to go back and look at the wall and see what is displayed.

Iíve been knitting on my knitted blanket, itís starting to have a bit of weight so itís keeping me warm while I knit.

Need to go out and shovel, had 3-4 inches, Andrew came and did the drive just before a few friends were coming..I have a few hours work to do on a file this afternoon otherwise Iíd have a nap

Ohhh t.v. Dinner in micro beeping, time to eat

Yes, all batiks.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I have a big bin full of odds and sods of batiques, should make something with them..Lordy want to do so much, not enough time in a day..

Here is another variation of it. Not mine, but on my list.

Thumbnail by taters55

You can get the instructions from Missouri star quilt on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/iKSm9pBL2qM

This message was edited Jan 16, 2020 6:44 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks LIndakay, might try it..think my kids are quilted out, can start on grands though, the only have a few

Must get back to quilting wedding quilts.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Snowy day here in my neighbourhood, cleaned the washroom closet and the refrigerator..reminder came on my iPad ďclean under kitchen cupboardĒ ahh ha, I beat the reminder lo so Iím going to play for the rest of the day...

I have 5 golf towels to embroider, also bought 2 sets0f potholders at $$$ store before red gets sold out..last year I cut some hearts on my go machine so thought Iíd make a few mug rugs to entertain myself with mindless activity,

Was just going to put my first towel on embroidery machine when I remembered they should be washed,so now Iím sitting getting the loops off the pot holders while I wait for the towels to be ready..

Donít know about you but sitting on the couch after being up so early and cleaning big time means Iím one step closer to laying down and making myself comfy..especially with the couch throw Iím knitt8ng getting long enough to snuggle in

Ziggy was laying on the coffee table watching me, but I think he just beat me re snuggling into my knitting

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Looks like Ziggy has the right idea.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That he has..

I thought of you so often this morning LIndakay, had seen a tip on organizing drawers last night and well I just had to try it, one of the drawers,is,so filled with p.j.ís, most from you in the p.j. Swaps..some I should discard but wont do, just pulled new elastic through the bottoms..next trip downstairs I will sew the ends together and they are good to go..next trip stateside a few nighties will come home with me and the 3 I live in i sew in and paint in so they need to be thrown away.

Lunch is on then downstairs I go

I have done the same with my jammies. Elastic was worn, so I put new in. Hate to throw them away.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I will throw the crafting ones. Lol

Coffee in hand itís finally downstairs time.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Didnít buy a pattern for the Valentineís Day bench pillow but the one I made will have to. Do, only 4 more weeks so itís fine.

Got lots done today,cleaning, sewing and some knitting, but every time I go to do a project there is Ziggy..

Now he is on my knitting so Iíll try to cut threads from the golf hand towels until he decides they might be more comfy..

Linda dropped in with the egg design cushion, so comfy so I told her to go to factory direct and see if theyíve another.

Was looking at photo of where I put the Valentineís Day bench cushion and saw yellow, lemon meringue same to mind..guess I know what I will make tomorrow. Lol

Wanted to add a border or 2 to make something into the scrap piece box before I put it away tomorrow but am tired.

Think Iím done for the day..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Love your projects for Valentine's day. Very cheerful looking.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks Linda Kay, was able to find enough scraps to make a throw, once quilted will look ok..

My mind is on overtime today, I feel it should be lunch. I will finish my hot chocolate and toast then quilt the throw, not large, no need to be large quilts as they are only out a month..

I cut out paper tracing for st Patrickís day bench pillow last night..itís NOT an easy pattern to follow so will have to fake it lol

Guess I should get up before I get too comfy

Pies to fill, floors to wash

Maybe while I Quilt I can see how much is involved to make these cookies

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I wish I had half of your energy. Those pies look yummy. . That throw is beautiful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iím fighting the pain LIndakay, I just now finished the pies, looked at the clock and itís just noon..sitting is the worse so I push beyond reason but but but....

I looked through a quilt book Debbie gave me, a few things I like but I will only make with what I have so I can get rid of it. I bet there is enough fabric pieces I could use up to do dozens of quilts. Then there are bundles of fat quarters, lovely fabric and they have to get used up.

Iím thinking meds and a nap is what is needed

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I hope you have a piece of pie first. They look yummy.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Table runner & place mats. Good thing about them, they are 4 layers of batting so will hold hot dishes just fine.

My Hibiscus must love that window, always blooming. Nice on a dreary day.

Thumbnail by siliolegma Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Pretty but so much work..would you do again? My squared are for Xmas mat, although all made donít think Iíll ever finish the project.

Beautiful blooms, yep, likes the in-house care and lighting itís getting.

Spaghetti for supper, wonít be a late night as I can feel my eyes getting heavy

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

No I don't think I'd ever do them again. Maybe it's just me being to critical. You can use same technique to make a rug. Sure now I won't do that. I have a few pieces left I could make into trivets....Nah.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Go know, made I think 30 pieces that make a rail fence..used up mega Christmas strip and now they sit in a bin grrr. They do look lovely though on your table..call it a learning curve like I do 😉

Got my throw quilted, this I like because I use up bin of scraps to make something and by Lordy it turned out pretty....thInk Iíve decided on white binding so the focus is on t.he inner red....hurrah for me lol got my bench pillow done and this throw t.his weekend..

Iíve got some St.Patricks day fabric to make the bench pillow, looked through scraps, have white, black fur and a piece of hairy green fabric..pattern calls for orange but itís a pillow, out for a few weeks, do I really want to make a trip to Barrie to buy 3Ē strip of orange fur?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Raleigh, NC

I am a newbie; so here I go; I do love to crochet, sew, garden, genealogy. I saw some of all of your works really looks nice, I am just here t meet new friends

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hi Mary, Welcome. I'm close in TN. Come in and join our chit chat.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Welcome Mary, come sit and enjoy the chit chat..

My interest are much as yours, just not the genealogy, canít take up one more interest. Lol

Itís a cold day here, have the thermostat at 74 and still my old bones are aching.

Girls come tomorrow (Mary, a few girls have been with me for nearly 30 years doing all sorts of crafts) so I think I shall put binding on the Valentineís Day throw so not only do I have something to do this afternoon but will have something to hand sew tonight so I can show them a finished project...

I have spaghetti from last night so donít have to cook but Iím hankering for Hawaiian pizza..might have to order one.

Glad you found us Mary. Coma back and sit awhile. We love photos of projects.
Betty, I would find an orange piece of fabric, and make it work.

Victoria Harbour, ON

For such a tiny piece of fur was thinking if I put orange food dye or even those fabric pens, see if they would work..off to have my coffee and justmayve Iíll try the orange fabric marker first

Victoria Harbour, ON

Took a test piece of fur, likely can get the 3 leprechaun beards cut out of it and add more orange, pens are heat set..then I found a mid coloured sequinned piece

Hm..use or wait and make a trip to barrie

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I like the orange fur.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I found heavy wool fabric in my wool box, perfect colour but not sure itís what I want to either..guess I need to start it and see which looks better. Linda was suppose to come today and work on her pillows but Sunday night she and Dave went for supper at neighbors and neighbour broke out 8n shingles so because she might be carrying the contamination she does not want to come..too bad as itís a sunny day.

https://www.cdc.gov/shingles/about/transmission.html
This is what center for disease says. You can't spread shingles unless you have open blisters.

The virus that causes shingles, varicella zoster virus (VZV) can spread from a person with active shingles and cause chickenpox in someone who had never had chickenpox or received chickenpox vaccine.

VZV spreads through direct contact with fluid from the rash blisters.

Most people who develop shingles have only one episode during their lifetime. However, you can get the disease more than once.

A person with active shingles can spread the virus when the rash is in the blister-phase. You are not infectious before the blisters appear. Once the rash crusts, you are no longer infectious.

VZV from a person with shingles is less contagious than the virus from someone with chickenpox. The risk of spreading the virus is low if you cover the shingles rash.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.