Morning Glories 2020 #02

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I enjoyed seeing my mg blooms today too.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Hope you have more pretty blooms soon Helena.
# 1My ochracea opened another bloom this morning.
#2 Look at my weird variegated Brug, the top of the plant
# 3, At the base of the plant, it is making an all white plant attached to the momma plant. #4 it's also making a solid green plant, strange.
# 5 my bloom that never opens, the name escapes me for the moment. (Juanalloa) ?? .

This message was edited Feb 29, 2020 11:28 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful blooms and plants. I have never seen the brug do that. Pretty interesting.

Thanks Linda. Very weird what my Brug is doing. Must be a chromosome thing
If I were to remove the all white plant to root, it would probably die, no chlorophyll, sp?
It may still die for the same reason.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful Ochracea bloom Jackie. Your brug looks gorgeous, and the white growth looks neat too. Wonder if it might turn green eventually. The name of the last pictures escapes me too.
We are having rains last couple of days, I can't wait to be able to put my plants outside. I had a couple of blooms today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
I think the white part will die off eventually. Right now I have to worry that I'
will lose my whole plant. So much rain the last few weeks, my g house is standing'
in water. This brug has sunk her roots down in the ground and I can't pull it up to move her.so she's staying too wet.
Beautiful blooms today Helena.. Great to see the wonderful blue and white bloom we haven't seen for a while. she's my favorite..

Helena those blooms are beautiful.
Jackie, it doesn't hurt to dig the brugs up. It may slow the growth for a bit, but it should be ok.

Linda, the brug is in a pot and the roots have escaped down into the floor of the g house. I may have to run a big knife under the pot and sever the root. its so tight tho
I can't even budge the pot when i try to roll it from side to side. It doesn;t move so its got a good foothold..

Oh my. It is growing good.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Jackie hope you don't loose your brug.
We are having rains here too but not as bad as you Jackie.
It seems that no matter what there is always problems when we grow things and garden. I had ants in one of my pots in gh too. Some kind of bug was chewing on my vines. But I'm getting ready slowly for getting my plants out by end of March.
I'm surprised by how many of my plants survived the cold outside.
I had blooms on my mgs yesterday and today but I had computer issues to fix.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I love those beautiful morning glories. Those colors are awesome.

Helena, our rain slacked off for a couple of days but will be returning today, just when it tried to dry out some, smh.
Pretty morning glories, love the delicate white with pink throat, also a favorite..
Hope you got your computer issues fixed.
I;ve bought several new pkts of mg's for this Spring.so
looking forward to growing something different along with old favorites...

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
My computer is working ok, I had problems downloading my pictures. But my dh got it fixed. I just have too much stuff stored so it works slow.
Glad you have new mgs to grow Jackie. I'm growing some new ones too I got from ebay so I hope they turn out to be beauties.

Helena, hoping the new mg's turn out like their pics, will be disappointed if they don;t. Although sometimes we get some beautiful variations. That woulds be ok. :-)

Gautier, MS

Jackie, just thinking our favorites I went through some of my seeds and oh my goodness I have so many I'd like to grow. I'll get overwhelmed in no time.
I hope yours turn out nice too. Sometimes surprises are nice too.
Two more chocolate blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, those are so pretty.

Helena, I haven't taken the time to go thru my seeds, very time consuming
since we have so many. I've go to back off just a little and look at my taxes
soon. I';m wanting to try the free software this yr since the one ;I've been using
keeps raising their prices
Lovely chocolates. are they large blooms?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Jackie, those were small to medium blooms. Taking close up pictures makes them appear large.
Now I'm very pleased with my Q269 bloom, it's a medium bloom with a bit of the stripes it's suppose to have instead of the solid blooms it had from the beginning. The problem too is that the vine has stayed small so I'm lucky to have any blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my. I love that bright color. Very cheerful.

Helena, I never knew what the Q269 was supposed to look like, tt's a
beauty, luscious color. I'll try to start one too, but I'm sure mine wasn't that pretty.
Be interesting to see the differences.,
I found some Little Miss Piggy seeds too if they will still germinate. They were from Ronnie yrs ago but she didn;t like the name and changed it to Bold Pink if I'recall correctly.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Hope you start Q269 seeds Jackie. It's blooms are awesome. I heard the story about Bold Miss Piggy, I'm not too sure who had it first and named it and who changed the name. My memory is not as it once was. But the blooms have a nice color to it.

Helena, I don;t know who hybridized Little Miss Piggy but I do know Ronnie, Lovsgrtdanes, told me she did not like the name and changed it herself..
I don;t have a problem with the original name and don;t know why Ronnie disliked it so,.
I hope to start Q269 when I start a bunch of the others.
I had so much water standing in my g house Linda, that when I pulled on my varieg Brug, it let go of the floor and I pulled up roots and all. It felt like it weighed 40 pounds being a large spreading plant and waterlogged to boot. i moved it out of the standing water so hoping it will be ok for now, I probably won;t be able to walk'tomorrow after lifting it..

Gautier, MS

Jackie, sounds right about Little Miss Piggy, but it's still about her bold pink color.
Glad you pulled the roots up from your brug plant. Hope you feel ok from doing it.

My Q269 bloom was still open this morning with a lighter pink color.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I'm sure Ronnie didn't have a problem with the color, it was just the name that she didn;t like. A mystery to me
Beautiful pink bloom on it's 2nd day.
Wish I had a few going since it takes me over 3 months to get blooms,.

Sure hope you didn't hurt your back, pulling that plant from the ground.

Still a beautiful bloom Helena.

Thanks Linda. so far, my back is ok, no pain today. consider myself lucky

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Yes I know it was the name Jackie. Glad you going to grow it again. Glad your back is ok too.
It was a beautiful warm day here yesterday. I was wearing a short sleeve blouse, got plant the 3 clematis vines and 4 different daylilies I bought from Wal Mart. I also washed about 19 gallon pots for my next planting. Just the bit of bending down wore me out. Then the rains came. I'm fine today after cleaning up and resting. It seems it doesn't take much to tire me out anymore. The blooms will be my reward.

Helena, I envy you your pretty, warm days. so cold here and winter not thru with us yet. High of 42 here today with a cold north wind and bitter cold (to me anyway) tonigt. Sounds like you did pretty good to plant all those new plants and get all those pots cleaned up. I;ve started keeping a big tub full of water in the yard for cleaning out pots..Makes it go faster
Helena, just our age showing, thankful that we can do what we do. Yes the lovely blooms will be your reward and ours too when you share them. :-)

Just finished my taxes, how sweet it is to be done with them.

Gautier, MS

Glad to hear you done with taxes Jackie.
We got wind and cold weather that started yesterday afternoon. It did warm up with the beautiful sun just a bit today.
Only one chocolate bloom today actually 2 but the one under was small and a lighter color.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Nice and ruffled.

Agreeing with Linda, love the pretty, ruffled look.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
It's gray here with a few sprinkles, might rain more later. Saw a hummingbird coming to my trumpet vine this morning and the ant mote I left this fall. Not sure but don't think it was a ruby throat, so had to make the sugar water and fill 3 feeders and put up.
This first bloom is from yesterday. the 2 others are from today.

How neat that you already have a hummer Helena. will be a while b4
we see any, maybe late March. Warmer here today, won;t last long, be
cold here by Wed. The forecast shows a slight warming trend later this week,
Wonderful blooms this morning. Love the pink color on the end.. Pretty
lavender? on that 1st bloom.

Oh my, so happy to hear you have hummingbirds already. They are due here, but I haven't seen any yet.

Beautiful morning glory blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Now I am sure that hummer was not the migrating ruby throat. It didn't stay so I expect my ruby throats around the beginning of March. It got windy and cold here too these last 2 days after the rain.
The last picture is of Q269 yesterdays bloom, the first picture is of Q269 still open today with a lighter color. The middle bloom is the consistent blooms #66from Azuremore.

Beautiful blooms Helena. So bright and cheerful.

Helena, The Q269 pretty in light and dark shades. Love Azuremore's #66, a
real beauty. and a perfect bloom today.

res

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.