FEBRUARY Challenges, Organizing Ourselves and sharing..time to chat..

Victoria Harbour, ON

We came from here:

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1527423/

Want to offer condolences to Pat and her family on the loss of her husband Ben last night...heart goes out to you Pat..itís times like this I wish we lived closer..hugs

We are here should you need us..

Itís 1 F this morning, was tempted as you know Iím on a cleaning and purging mission but stores donít open till 9 so shelving will have to wait until I really know what I want.. decided back cleaning Iíd go..purged 2 large garbage bags, one I can burn, the other a trip to the dump tomorrow after my doctors appointment....likely take me the rest of the morning to finish the room as Iím now in the craft shelving, so much I could throw out but know the minute I do Iíll want to get back into crafting.

There is so much glass in the main back cupboard that Iím thinking rather than sewing for awhile Iím going to challenge myself to making a piece of stained glass a month..as not to get glass slivers near fabric Iíll clean off the counter top and work from that room (likely I challenge Iíll not accomplish but one can dream]

Look forward to hearing and seeing photoís of what you are up to??

Hmm maybe could throw in an hour on St.Patricks piece..or..seeing I grunted 2 pairs of socks maybe I can make a bunny,not sure Iíve the fixings though..mind wonít stop today. Big sigh

Back to work

This message was edited Feb 9, 2020 9:06 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Seem to be stuck in limbo, not wanting to get into much and so much needing done.

Victoria Harbour, ON

My couch won out Karen, this cold is getting better on me..great plans earlier but bones are aching so Iím giving in, couch it will be,

Donít you just hate it, the excitement about doing this and that and you can do nothing?

Iím ok for a few hours but then that is it...maybe I will look around for ideas on the net for my bunny project and let that be my days challenge

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread Betty. What kind of bunny are you working on?

Not doing much today. Lots of projects on my wishlist, but never seem to find time to do them all.

Victoria Harbour, ON

It was just a sock tea/coffee grunted up, likely never get done.
Fell asleep for a tad, had forgotten Ziggy was out, could hear him crying to come in..luckily there is furniture, footstool with thick afghan on it and seclusion from the wind, pleased he was to come in.

This morning I spent 1/2 hour or so in workshop area, on the counter top was a quilt top 3/4 done that someone had given me along with hundreds of small diamonds, was to have been a lone star, in the garbage it went..filled a med, sized tote with zip lock bags filled with project cuttings, they almost went bye bye as well.

Wish we lived closer. We could pick your garbage pile, and come home very happy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That you would lindakay,didnít make it back in the tool room cupboards but know there is much to go..saw some scratch art mega sheets, my pencil art, have a young nephew who loves to sketch, might just parcel it up for him

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think this is the quilt I might see if Iíve enough fabric to make

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love that pattern.

Victoria Harbour, ON

doesn't look to complicated..other than the primary dark colour Iím hoping I can use my beige tone on tone and leftover earth tones

Maybe Iíll try for the weekend to see what fabrics I have left over from the other earth tone quilts

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

What size is that block Betty? I'm looking for one around 17-18 inches.

Victoria Harbour, ON

They are asking for 44x44Ē so a big piece, more a throw so a tad to big of a block for a quilt unless a border design was added and another border or so

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Really? Didn't seem so big in the photo.

Here is the youtube video for that block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZEnPqR-wjA&t=26s

Free pattern....

https://shop.rebeccabaer.com/FreePDF/Winter_Memories_Star_Quilt_Pattern_11152014_final.pdf

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks lindakay, will make a test block

Victoria Harbour, ON

With February moving quickly I decided I would use up all my st paddy fabric pieces..just randomly cut and sewed, corners arenít as should but once quilted and shamrock appliqueíd it will be fine...have a little pile of scraps Iíll see if I can make something with

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love that throw.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well precision could have been better, was just adding to rows, end corners well who cares, by the time I quilt it it will be far nicer than fabric pieces in the bin

Even sat and made a garland with left over strands I cut out of fabric pieces

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot photo

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Looks like you are all set for St Patty's day.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not quite, need to quilt that throw, bought socks from Joannís to make leprechauns,
Have that entire kit for the leprechaun bench pillow, that is a humdinger to make..all little pieces are cut and I paid about $20 for pillow so finishing it is a must..

What are you working on?

Not much today. Being lazy.
Tomorrow is quilting day, and I need to get those rail fence quilts binded.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hope you got your rails done for todayís class.sharon still has the practice sheet on the frame, was thinking of coming over this morning, saw she message me last night and said it all depended how she felt today, sure hope she didnít catch strep throat but Susan has seen they slept in the same bed on the weekend Buffalo. Iíd like to put my feet on the frame but no sheís enjoying practising she didnít get a delivery date yet for her new machine but she is anxious.

Guess I could work at getting my bench pillow started

Victoria Harbour, ON

Started to work on bench pillow for St.Paddyís, likely not something Iíd do twice...Too time-consuming

Victoria Harbour, ON

My mess

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I bet it will be beautiful when done.

No, I didn't get the quilt done.. About 1 I got a terrible headache. So I came home, took a motrin and took a nap.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Finished Becca's Bugs quilt. Andrew did perfect long arm pattern.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Are you feeling better LIndakay?

Itís beautiful Kare, do like the quilting..

Karen, That is awesome.

Yes, feeling better. Allergies are bad here this time of year.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Bug quilt is beautiful and you are right, PERFECT quilting motif!

When I saw what the Lead did NOT do while I was gone, I was so angry I cried. I deleted the hostile email I composed and rewrote it. Told her "I was extremely disappointed in the lack of proper follow thru in my behalf while I was gone". They had not even phoned 2 of clients and told them I was not coming for the scheduled home visit. So now it looks like I was just jerk and stood the clients up!

Add to that, "bereavement leave" is nothing but taking the time out of your Paid time off bank. Why bother to call it that?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh Pat, you didn't need that added to what you are already going through. Now you'll have to do what they should have and explain to your clients. I'm sure they will be understanding.

So sorry to hear that Pat.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh Pat, you would have thought they could have at least kept up on files, glad you deleted the first one..if Iím angry I write the person but then delete,that way I get to express my po8nt of view.

Iím hoping my thursday gals are coming today, been awhile between Christmas, them sitting for grands and the weather..motivates me getting their ideas

Victoria Harbour, ON

Itís a gorgeous day, not warm like you all but has me in the cleaning mood..yesterday after being gone all day I spent time burning the pit and picking up fallen branches, far too wet for them to burn but was nice, again this morning for awhile...heard my first tweeting of birds..know spring is almost here.

Every time I need groceries I mark them down on the blackboard I painted on one of my cupboard doors, like to put expiration date near bread and milk etc so rather than marking it down I painted items..will just have to check mark, gee I need a life lol

Now I have my jar to do. Go to foodland for raisins, fruit and make butter tarts then Iíll work on finishing quilting the St Paddyís throw and bench pillow, rate Iím going it will be time to take Easter stuff out..oh well next year I will be prepared

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

You do your list different than me.... I put list in categories, according to section of the stores: dairy, fresh produce, meats, frozen & house hold supplies. Do you take a picture with your camera before going to shop? That is what I have learned from my kids. :-)

I bought cheap navy colored sheets to make curtains for guest room, red and navy pillow cases to go with the R/W/B bedspread. I'm going to add another 1 foot or more of plain navy all around the bedspread to make sure it covers pass the mattress & blankets. NO WAY am I leaving my mostly white bedspread on that bed with youngest son!! LOL... it's not been so long since he lived with me to have forgotten THAT lesson!!

Nice idea for shopping list

Victoria Harbour, ON

Par, I was just marking random things I need. Tick them when they need to be bought.li used to take photo of random groceries needs as marked then I got better at marking down what I need on a list before leaving.

Are you anxious for your visitors ?

Limdakay Iíll have to ask Andrew the fence builder if I do drill holes Iíll I weaken the fence..am sure 2-3 holes in a plank wonít hurt but Iíll ask..

I don't think that would hurt the fence.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Finish Quiltingís room and now I have the binding on and some hand sewing to do. Once the bench pillows done thatís enough Saint Patty decor....then Iíll add to the Easter decor.

Iím pleased that I didnít have to buy anything for this role and itís quite a sight just used up the scraps by the time I finished the polo donít think theyíll be much left in the line of scraps

I was downstairs and didnít think of looking for the tool itís so old Iím sure itís on the shelf where all the antique stuff is lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Your St Patty quilt is bigger than I thought it would be, VERY nice! And you are right, when we don't have to buy another and can use up scraps, it REALLY feels good!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.