Spider egg sack and how to move her and it

Corpus Christi, TX

Hello, I have a little spider (I donít know the species) but I noticed that 2 days ago she left a little egg. Itís right by my dog bowls and Iím not too thrilled about her being here. Iím in south Texas, so the weather was 80 degrees yesterday and sunny. The winters are not that cold here and I would like to move her. Does anyone know if she is dangerous? How should I move her and Iíd be so thankful if youíd please give me ideas Or directions if you have any. If sheís poisonous I really need her gone as I have an 8 year old. I donít kill anything but mosquitos. No milk products, no animals ect, so I donít want to kill her or harm her in anyway. Thank you so much! Sheís to the right hand side, hiding and hard to see.

This message was edited Feb 26, 2020 10:24 AM

Thumbnail by BlairR Thumbnail by BlairR
Minot, ND

I cannot see enough of the spider to hazard an identification. The only truly dangerous spiders in your area are the widow spiders in the genus Latrodectus and the recluse spiders in the genus Loxosceles and their egg sacs do not look like the one in your images. I suggest using a fairly long stick, preferably one with a fork at one end, to gently tug away at the silk strands surrounding the egg sac and hopefully wind up with the egg sac and some of the silk as well as the spider herself attached to the forked end of the stick. You then can simply place that stick with its riders outside in a safe place.

Corpus Christi, TX

I really appreciate everything youíve told me and I will do so: you were my spider and egg sacks ticket to freedom. Your time and kindness do not go overLooked and know that I thank; hug and love you!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.