MARCH - Ideas/Challenges/Organizing Ourselves..come share, all welcome!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

We came from here..

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1529424/

Can you believe winter is soon over and spring is on its way??

Iíve been far too busy with renoís To knit or sew, likely by next week we will be back to a normal routine.

Did get some sewing tools, gift certificates and watercolour panel for my birthday..loved that!

This message was edited Mar 6, 2020 2:42 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread Betty. I am back home. Had to go to San Antonio for Dr. Follow up appointments. All is well.
I had a nice visit with the grandkids.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Glad to hear things are going well Linda.

I have crocus in bloom, it's been really windy and last night rained. All the stuff that my youngest son & wife had out of the travel trailer got wet. I brought in the bucket of 4 rolls of wallpaper and texted them to take care of the rest. I really do NOT understand laziness, complete lack of organization, and poor application of responsibility. I have promised myself I am NOT rescuing them. I will help on the things they can't, but the rest? Guess they will have to figure it out.

I am looking forward to spring, and then I remember the mowing and all the other work! THEN the heat... I'm worrying about HEAT and it's not even spring yet!!! when did I become such a curmudgeon?

I hope they didn't have electronics or anything else pricey out in the rain.

No, mostly camping stuff and some construction stuff, a wood bunk bed in front of my house, not full assembled... it's aggravating. I hope they have this trailer complete and all the stuff off my patio in the next week. It would be nice to have my pick-up back too!

I started the de-constructing of Ben's shirts and cutting for the memory quilts.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I just panicked when I hear Ďfloodí

That really is too bad Pat, think you needed some alone time.

Iíve done a few memory quilts with fabric and ties, quilts made of jerseys..the prep work is what takes the time, find it relaxing so perhaps you will as well and sit in the evenings doing a little bit rather than all at once.

Have a bad ear ache, donít think Iíve anything here for it, will use my froggie, microwave a tad and maybe that will help.

Bought my Dopey Rabbit, (shhh donít tell LINDA that when I dropped it I chipped it.just patched it up, you will not know once I paint it.needs to cure overnight) some yellow flowers, need more to finish the table piece..canít wait to get spring out..Mother Nature is teasing us, weather today extra nice.

We stopped at a Dollarama and I bought a $3.50 pillar candle, had napkins so used a dryer and made an Easter candle...tried on a battery operated candle but not enough wax on it so that is out..as it was half done I took glue to it, tomorrow when dry I will sand it, will look ever so faint, can put it on mantle downstairs.

Now that Iíve moved the room around Iíve got an entry door to contend with so the side of the bed that I get out of I couldnít fit a side table..wouldnít you know the market we were at had a vendor come and bring his wares this morning and didnít he have the tiniest little piece, just big enough for iPad, drink and my glasses..he must have made it yesterday as itís still tacky.

Brian asked if I wanted to pick him up around 5, go to Home Depot and get an order, nope, not today!!

I need a picture for over the headboard, donít know what I want so bought a $4 canvas, base coated it and Iíll do something with it to get me through until I find that something special

Thinking of having a hot bath, have chicken/wedges then head to bed..iím so wound up that mind wonít shut down

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Knowing how talented you are, I know you can fix that bunny. I love that candle. Beautiful flowers too.

My flowers are getting taller, I have a few early bulbs in bloom. Crocus, a type of hyacythyn and few other tiny flowers that I don't know the name of. I planted a few primroses to brighten up the entry to the house. I don't do any real decorating at home for the holidays except Christmas.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Think Pat I do it as a form of entertainment..
Your front where the angled wood Art was spectacular last year, all perennials right?

I have LOADS of perennials but I do always plant a flat or two of pink petunias and a few Sweet potato vine. Every year I tell myself I'm going to start seeds in the house and grow my own but it never happens. (Won't this year either! LOL)

I have a dozen tulips growing in the area when the construction crew dumped the earth they had to remove for the back patio. I had dug up as many bulbs as I could before they got in there with a backhoe, obviously I didn't get them all! I'm going to dig them up and put them into a pot for this year.

I got a GOOD start on ONE memorial quilt. Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow, I could at least get that top finished

I'm going to take a planer to the top of Ben's old dresser and prepare it for a new wood top. The urinal he set on it completely ruined the finish on the veneer so I'm just replacing the top surface. I had most of it off earlier but now just trying to get it smooth, I'd like to try my hand at Unicorn spit stain but seems pointless when I'm going to give it away and I don't know what someone else would want. Safer to just put wood stain on the new wood and move on, more "neutral" that way.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I try almost every year to grow from seed, I water, baby them and they end up a no go...thInk I start them to soon, donít end up transplanting in larger pots,got to say seeds arenít cheap so I figure Iím far better off buying!!

Being patient, so want to see how far youíve gotten on memorial quilt, difficult for surety get a lot accomplished when you work.

Yes, everyone has different tastes so best if getting rid of it decide themselves what they are doing..

Hard to get much crafting done when you are in the middle of redoing 3 rooms but am trying..knitting a bit, have 3/4 of a skein of wool left and the throw Iím knitting is done..likely for my bedroom..also cutting out pieces for penguin quilt, need that done for sure

Thought Iíd craft all weekend but if I am lucky Iíll get curtains for bedroom done and Iíd be thrilled with that

Ohhh did take that $4 canvas I bought, did gap on it in a big floral design, added a twitch of the lot grey I painted the bedroom and hung it this morning..can hardly see what I did on the canvas but I kind of know what Iím looking for now..soft soft 8n colour

I wanna see picture Betty!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Have to take photo and post.

Was hard trying to do drapes, Ziggy was enjoying to feel of the silk, at one point he gazed at me as though to say, Ďyou just try to get me off this silkí lol
After many hours made the curtains.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

They are beautiful. Shame on you for moving Ziggy.

The room is turning out so beautiful!!1 May I make one small suggestion? The 2 pictures on the wall that are adjacent, either need to be the same height or MORE different than what they are. They look like you "tried" but "missed" getting the same height. Exaggerate the difference more or hang them the same height. IMHO

The room is so elegant!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks Pat, I had 2 antique soldiers in frames, told Jeff not to fill the holes as I thought Iíd put them back up but they so didnít match.. not sure what I will do with them but garbage it will not be..have no clue who they were, found them at a salvage place and I felt they did service for our country, maybe they were end of family line soldiers, where oh where can they go?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy St. Patrickís Day everyone..

Could have done more tweaks, perhaps next year lol. Pillow done.....

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That is beautiful Betty.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Room is lovely Betty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Basement rec room, disaster right now, finally getting ceiling done, everyone who would look at everything up in ceiling said no can do but nephew Brian said it could be done,,,I am so excited, hopefully by Wednesday it will be done..

Let's hope Brian can get it complete rapidly and you can get your home back in tip-top condition! cleaned up and all spiffy.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Know I wanted to say those thread catchers are the cats meow for the sewers that travel to class LIndakay..am sure I posted, likely I wrote a post and forgot to press sent.

Pat are you working from home yet? Know you are an essential service but hoping they say you can do your calls via telephone from home.

Karen, I am surprisingly patient re the downstairs, guess because everyone said it couldnít be done that now itís being done Iím ok with wait.

I think Iíve finally mastered my face masks

Can now add filters and put floral wire inside for bending over nose..then 8 worried about ends of wire,bent the ends, didnít like that..for my glue gun out and dabbbed the end p, let it dry then insert in casing..perfect!

What are you using for the filter part Betty? The instructions I have, call for pipe cleaners.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I use the floral wire but Iíve loads of pipe cleaners I can use, thInk they are more cumbersome..I took a furnace air filter apart and cut into squares..

Lordy last week leeannís Son had cold and flu like systems, not the. Iris, LeeAnn had it today, I am spending more time in washroom than out

All covered up, canít get warm

Victoria Harbour, ON

I cut the floral wire 6 1/2Ē then slip it in top casing

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

How are you feeling Betty? Better I hope.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Keeping busy, still fighting runny nose

Need to get to my craft room but nephew is working in family room and right up to entrance into craft room so donít want to bother him.

Iíve 3 bedrooms to steam clean floors, not sure I like the outcome of these Steelers but will get them done then itís playtime..

Sun is coming out, have to start somewhere outside, maybe itís time to sweep front deck and set a few pillows out..simple things, might make me feel better. Odd that Iíve spent many a week not going anywhere and quite content, but this is different isnít it, leaves on unsettled..

Was just looking out, hydrangea bush needs trimming of dead flowers, maybe that could be this afternoonís project. Saw a robin again today, Lordy they are plump..

What are the Steelers you are talking about?.

98 degrees here today. Wish I could send you some heat.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Steamers..darn iPad

Got front deck done, went to midland for metal grrrrr
Brian was having asma attack so drove he home after he put in 5 hours... I swept up all that white dust, washed the floor at least where I could so there will be less drywall and ceiling tile dust for him tomorrow..

Didnít get to sew

sheetrock dust is the PITS for asthma! I was always glad when it was "covered" with paint etc so the dust was gone.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iíve been sleeping area like crazy every night and canít believe the mess

LIndakay, where are all your masks going? That was a tremendous amount..which pattern did you use?

Going to take advantage of the morning to clean my craft room, Brian always arrives around noon so it should give me plenty of time to do so.

I made the simple pleated ones. There is very little elastic or hair ties, so I made binding/tie straps for them. We are turning them into the lady that runs the agriculture center, she is giving them to Drs and nurses in need. Hospital, nursing homes, and home health providers.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Nice going, the recipients will be thrilled, need to make more.

Today after a week of feeling yuk I feel like doing something, painted chalk board on two pieces of wood, looked through what I have in Easter fabric, cut 3 1/2Ē squares, think I have enough to make an easy throw..

Almost time to call it a day though

Glad you are feeling better.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Worker just left..Iíll be so glad when Iím not dragging drywall abs ceiling tile dust all over the place

Not sure why but donít get the other thread..happening all the time

Go to threads I started and even then the thread isnít there grrr

That's odd

Try this Betty.

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1529783/

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Hubby and Sammi's birthdays today. Yesterday Jess put in our local site asking for a drive by and honk party for Sammi. Went on for quite some time, even people we didn't know with kids throwing pictures out the window to her. She was very surprised. We hung lots of decorations and balloons.

Photographer came for our "Front Porch" session. Not bad considering the subject. This is the first time we ever had a photo taken. Not formal but fun.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

That is such a SWEET picture!! I am so glad you got the photo taken. I wish Ben & I had one like that.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

It was such a spur of the moment thing. Several photographers in our area are doing it. If I'd had to get gussied up and go somewhere for it, most likely wouldn't have.
Us with Sammi and Payton.

Thumbnail by siliolegma Thumbnail by siliolegma

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.