Morus Species, White Mulberry Tree (Morus alba)

White House, TN

Morus Species, White Mulberry Tree
Morus alba

A new species or hybrid I discovered last year. See my comments on March 12, 2020. www.WhiteHouseArboretum.com

Thumbnail by RandyAllen
Denton, TX

Hi Randy, is this a white mulberry? I found a very similar one that I have been trying to figure out what kind of mulberry variation is it, see attached photos, it a 100% covered in those leaves. For reference I am in Texas 76210.

Thumbnail by Ricktx Thumbnail by Ricktx Thumbnail by Ricktx Thumbnail by Ricktx Thumbnail by Ricktx
White House, TN

Hi Rick. Neat looking leaf. Pretty similar to my discovery. Did the leaves become real dark green by late summer ? Or did they stay bright green ?
All I can suggest is to give it maybe five to ten years and see what the leaves are doing. I say that because soooo many young mulberry trees produce magnificent unique leaves. But Until last year, Iíve never found a twenty-five or thirty year old + tree that produces 90% unique leaves like my discovery.
So, Iíd like it if you could stay in touch and every summer letís see if it sorta gradually transitions back to a typical shape leaf of a normal mature tree. Or will it keep that unique shape. It is really unique. Thank you for sharing it. Did you buy it, or is it a volunteer ? Could the mother tree be in your neighborhood ?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.