Drip manifold for gravity system

Houston, TX(Zone 7a)

My stacked and elevated rain barrels provide pressure from 2.5 psi to 6 psi. I see most drip manifolds state a 10 psi minimum pressure. I can't find specs on individual emitters or drip hoses. I wonder what members have experienced using these products on gravity fed systems. Maybe they actually work, just at low volume.

At Home Depot, I see a Dig brand rain barrel drip kit of poly hose and plug-in emitters. I object to the kit, since it doesn't have the components I need. But are these emitters really any different than others not marked to barrel owners?

I currently have some soaker hoses by Element (Lowes), which were not marketed for gravity systems, and they work OK. But for other beds, I need point to point distribution.

And maybe all this has already been answered, but I can't find a search feature for this forum.

Marblehead, MA

Hi, I haven't used any of these folks' material, but there's a place called Blue Barrel (on line) which sells drip supplies for rain barrel systems.
I also saw a video on line which advocated for a U-shaped system to equalize pressure.
I still haven't figured out how to use drip such that the plants that need more get more water.
How did you calculate your PSI?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images