MAY Challenges/projects/organizing ourselves..come share..newcomers welcome!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over:

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1531410/?page=4#post_10481345

Lordy, with all going on almost forgot about it being May..you would never know it looking outside..snowing big time!

Greg came to pick up masks, he started telling me they were for the owner of Factory recreation that just yesterday hired Kyle..so I said $50 for the 4 embroidered ones then $5 for each of the other 2..he said he would just give them to his friend as a thank you..now,Iím,feeling guilty...he said he would drop off $$$ tomorrow when he drops over for motherís day..I will stay inside and he will put up bird feeder for me on the pole.

I bought 2 mask designs, one was free and one was $3.99, might try them out while I sew on 2 cushions.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

No need to feel guilty. I am sure your son buys gifts for others. No reason he can't buy something from you.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread Betty. I wouldn't feel guilty either.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

no, don't feel guilty - you didn't twist his arm to buy them, and what he chooses to do after he buys from you, is his decision.
I always tell people (who feel they have to justify what they do with something after I sell or give it to them), that if they take & burn it, it's none of my business. It's THEIRS. If they do some horrific to an antique that my dear sainted departed grandmother left to me, I may never give them another antique, but........ well, you get the idea 😬

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Motherís Day everyone..

I donít mind what they do with anything I give, just hate taking $$$ from my boys

Although my Motherís Day gift was part of the pond pump they dropped of the cutest cactus in a tree branch last night..

Happy mother's day ladies.

Any photos of that cactus Betty?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pretty

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

As a treat I Day are Snowbirds are flying

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot the moon

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That is so pretty.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

love your cacti in the log, Betty - that's really nice of them to gift you with it :)

I got an e-transfer from my daughter - she wanted to send me flowers, but they won't deliver to rural areas during this pandemic. I told her - talking to her is precious and I appreciate hearing her voice.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all , overcast here but not as cold as it has been so I will take it.

Hope you had a grand Motherís Day under the circumstances..

Susan, that was very caring of your daughter.

I called mom early in the morning, she said she had been to the grocery store, a young man was coming out with 2 beautiful bouquets of flowers, she saId someone will be thrilled to get them, he asked her was she not getting flowers, she said no her children lived out of the city, he handed her a bouquet and wished her happy motherís day then went back to grocery store to get himself another bouquet..the kindness in people is coming to the fire fore front during these trying times.

Greg and Mel dropped berry scones off and Greg came over to put my birdhouse up so that was nice.

By 7pm I couldnít figure out why Jeff hadnít called yet, know they did the pond pump for me for Motherís Day but still unusual his not calling then I got a messenger message asking why I wasnít answering my phone..we checked, although I had dial tone I couldnít call out nor could anyone call in, tv service was off as well..we chatted via messenger Skype then I called Rogers, they got me up and running again and someone will be here again between 2-4.

Darlene, who has taken me under her wing seeing she lost her mom called to say she and John would come today and frame in that little area the cats-racoons have been entering with a wired mesh of sorts..very kind of them...so between my doctor calling between 12-1pm, Roger and Darlene and John the day will go quickly..all social distancing..Rogers will tell me how to connect the new unit, shouldnít be difficult.

Yesterday I made a few more moustache and kiss masks, managed to get some of the glass off the broken garden piece I had outside that my guy blowing leaves stepped on by accident..found a frame under the deck and managed to recycle.

Ziggy must be tired of social distancing.,he is not a cat that gets along with others but lately there has been cats galore at the door.

Called Greg and told him I would make chicken and sliders for supper..going through the slider process one might as well make a big pot so he will pick up his portion on the way home from work.

As my last weeks to do list was accomplished Iím going to work on Darleneís placemats and penguin flannel throw..not too fussy on the amount of work that is going into that throw, Sharon almost has her top done so I best continue so I can catch up.

That will be my day, how is yours going.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love those masks. Glad to see you were able to fix your broken glass window.
It is mating season. Watch those cats, or you will have more.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ziggy was fixed so it wonít be his kittens but yes maybe the others arenít.

Tired tonight, played cut outs, got 8 of 11 penguins done, not worth end result..Iím posting photo of what it should look like when done

Bed time, ivemasks for Doctor to do early morning

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Why not worth the end result? REALLY cute!

Judging from Ziggy's ears, I would say he wasn't all that happy to have guests.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - those are just simply adorable!
i can tell my patience is wearing thin........ we have a Pekinese next door that moved here same year we did - Dec 2016. Finnegan is one of those dogs that can keep up barking for (literally) an hour. If a leaf rustles, it sets him off.
We have to find the hand held "stop bark" device we got last year. With the warmer weather he's out, and so are we. I've been in the garden, ground level, by the fence (he can't see me) and he'll startle the heck out of me, barking next to my ear. Jump out of my skin
He's just gone back in, thankfully.

I bought a stop bark instrument and I trained the neighbor's dogs to stop barking. Time passed, one dog died, then a new one came on board. HOLY cow, it can bark for HOURS. I can't even see what its excited about. I bought a whistle that is suppose to be a trainer, it's worthless. I need to find the same brand/style I had before!!

At least they have secured the fence now and the new dog doesn't get out. The prior one would get out regularly, come to my house, bed down in my flowers. I was so frustrated, I picked up all my broken flowers, and took them to the neighbors. I explained if they would develop a cool place for the dog at THEIR house, maybe it would not come and break off my perennials! They bloom once a year & 2 years in a row that darn dog broke them off before blooming.

I hate barking dogs. We have German shepherd that lives behind us. 24/7 outside dog. There are nights he barks all night long.

I used to have the neighbor's phone number. When all night barking would happen, I would call the neighbors. I don't understand pet owners. Surely they can hear their own dog?

On the other hand.... when I had an inside/outside cat, I know she would go to the neighbor's flower bed and poop. When I had an inside ONLY cat, and I had a neighbors cat that thought the raised flower bed RIGHT next to my entry door was a litter box, I put down chicken wire and covered it in bark. THAT stopped the litter box issue!

My tolerance for any ill-behaved pet is low. Of course, it's low for ill-behaved children as well!! :-) When I did mental health counseling, I was generally assigned the "child" that needed to have the child's parents taught how to parent. It was very rewarding to see a quiet child walk down the hall, right along next to the parent, holding their hand. (when prior they ran thru the office, completely uncontrolled and screaming!)

I say that my parents sent ME to dog obedience school!! Actually, they sent my dog and I, so we could learn the basics of dog obedience. My little beagle was a charmer! So sweet and pretty.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Bob found the "stop bark" instrument. Thing is, our neighbours don't believe in them, so I have to hide it in my pocket & be 15 ft away from him.
Took 2 T3s for my sore back, and now heading out to do flower bed planting. Bob will be out of sight on the other side of our home from the dog, so too far away for him..... not so bad for me. I'll try it.

I only needed to be within 50 feet and I TOLD the neighbor what I had used. Neighbors didn't squawk about my method so....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, there are dogs on the right of the secret garden, anytime Iím out or a car drops in they start barking but neighbors are out within minutes to put a stop to it so that is ok..

Glad hubby found the barker, is it a whistle?

The neighbors on the other side of me, junk yard set up a giant sized trampoline amongst the junk, seems the children are playing more out in back yard that front yard, which Iím thrilled with, I actually enjoy hearing them, they play well together, little no no bickering.

I decided to change the design of Darleneís placemats as per her suggestion so as it looks like a rain day and Ziggy got me up Iíll just finish my coffee and head downstairs..now hoping I can find my patter..

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

no, the bark stopper isn't a whistle, it's a 2" x 2" square, with a battery & an on/off switch. I suppose it emits some sort of sound?!?!

Heading out to stain 2 trellis planters, then after planting them will see if I can stain 2 lawn chairs. One's stained already but Bob insists they be the same & I can't find the rest of the same colour, so he wants me to do a solid colour stain. I'm not thrilled with that, but....... oh well. I'm getting my way on the 2 trellis planters - the other 2 are a different stain colour (he says cedar) and I'm doing these 2 coffee coloured.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Must mean your weather is good Susan..we will need photo, your place must be coming right along.

Iíve been working on Darleneís 8 placemats, should be ready by this afternoon...thinking of having a nap though..

In error I overdid my cutting yesterday, so many placemats cut..think I cut over 20
Need backing

That is a lot of placemats. Can't wait to see them.

I'm finally working on curtains to put over the laundry area shelves. They had bypass doors that didn't work worth beans and drove me crazy. I hope to have curtains done & hung later this morning.
THEN, if my Sister-in-law comes, we're going to work on cutting & assembling a patio bench or two.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Just popped in for a minute to make lemonade (chilling in the fridge now) and to see what my friends are up to!
Going back out to put soil in, and plant, a lattice-topped planter

Victoria Harbour, ON

So far doctor hasnít been, perhaps he is dealing with those who are on their last breath at home so not concerned..next week will have to do

Darlene and John dropped in, put another screen on back deck door, a few spindles on upper portion where the critters seem to enter..they worked hard poor things..weather was nice

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Meant to say Darlene loved her placemats. She mentioned she might take them to Florida when she goes this fall because they also match some of our colours down there so Iím going to tell her that Iím going to make her another set from that humungous pile I made then she can have some down south and some up

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Betty - has the Dr been yet?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nope, didnít end up coming..Iíll just have to be patient..he has come on a Sunday but I donít expect him now til next week.

Sitting quietly having coffee, although rain is coming today it likely will be later today so might be able to get grass cut before it does.

I would have liked to have javex so I could wash a few chairs but quite a few stores nearby are out so Iíll check out what is here I can try.

Will get the flannel backing cut and cut to size so I can attach the penguins..there is a lot of appliquť to be done

That ought to fill the day

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

darn - sorry he didn't come, but....... I know you, you'll find something to do in your "spare" (hahaha who are WE kidding?!?!?!) time.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That I am Susan..

Wind is strong and cold so an inside day it is..

Finished glueing alleys to globe, tomorrow I can grout

Painting a gourd, itís sooo damp, taking forever to dry

Painting Patís directional sign then on to Debís

Just something to fill in the day

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Looks like you have easy projects to work on. Hopefully it won't make your shoulders hurt.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Please search the backs of your grandma's closets...
Looking for this fabric. Yep it's that old, old polyester knit. I need enough to make 2 four inch squares to mend a quilt for a friend. Her grandmother made this and it's a treasure to her. Color might be just a touch more grey but anything close will be great.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Might be a hard find..

I don't have anything like that. Try posting on the quilting sites on Facebook.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Could you not embroider something a rad larger than the hole maybe with a flower and her name then appliquť stitch around it.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

As a last resort, I probably could Betty. It's a thought to hang on to. Not even sure yet about how it will long arm. Andrew is coming over today so will discuss it with him

I have faith you will find a way to make it wonderful and keep the specialness of the quilt.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.