JULY..Callenges,Projects,Oranizing Ourselves but best of all sharing ideas and caring about each other,..newcomers always welcome!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Where oh where are the days going, seems I just started June..

Moved us over , we came from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1539966/

This message was edited Jul 10, 2020 7:46 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

thanks

Victoria Harbour, ON

Anyone sewing or are we taking it easy due to weather..sure has been a hot week and next is much the same..but, itís ok as fall is coming fast enough.

I might go down and sew blocks for the baby quilt Iím making, that shouldnít take a lot of energy.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I just finished a quilt of valor and pillow case. I will get photos and post them.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Look forward to seeing them

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Took Doug home yesterday - he's putting an application in for a manor about 20 min from here. Bachelor suiite, so smaller than what he has, but who needs 2 tvs, 1 desktop & 2 laptop computers, etc etc etc. There's a waiting list so once he gets the application in (has a medical form & something for a Commissioner of Oaths to sign, so hope he ges it done right away).
Picked strawberries in the garden last night, and everything else is growing well. Have green peppers, cukes, tomatoes......... all getting big!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That would be so wonderful for him living closer to yo and Bob..

What a storm that keeps rolling through..

Wishing him luck getting a place near you.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55

Really nice Linda K! I have NOT been sewing. Seems I read and sleep (besides the 40 hours at work) and not getting anything else done.

Thanks Pat

Victoria Harbour, ON

Itís stunning Lindakay, how thrilled the vet will be..
Pat, you will be glad to see end of the month, retirement looks good I bet?

Waiting for a friend, Charlie wants to learn to shade and hi-lite, enjoys paint8ng but wants to further his talent.

Light rain but storm brewing so always a worry!

Iíll have a nap after Charlie leaves then maybe go make a few masks and trace fabric design for baby quilt Iím making..

I can hardly WAIT! that is true enough

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I mentioned Doug moving from Calgary to out this way at the Caalgary church service this morning. They're going to work on being more connected with him. Right now he's feeling very disconnected, both in the apartment block he lives in, the place he used to volunteer with (care center for parapalegics - he's been helping there for 25 years & they won't let volunteers there because of the Pandemic) and with the church because they can't meet in person & he's technologically challenged to go on Zoom or FB to "attend" services. It would be great if they could connect with him, but I don't hold much hope for it. If he does move, I hope they support his moving.
Looked like we were going to have a major storm, but it blew by with only a few sprinkles.

Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B Thumbnail by Tallulah_B

Looks like you missed a doozy of a storm!

MANY people feel disconnected. With church, volunteer opportunities, seeing family, ALL limited, it is a tough time for MANY MANY people.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan, poor Doug must be overwhelmed...do hope your talk with joists Church will make a difference.

I was quiet today, did go to Walmart for black thread and groceries..wasnít a lot in the line of thread but I did manage to find black. While waiting in line up my glasses fogged up a bit so I decided to come home and work on mask design..think what I came up with will help...did 5 before I was satisfied.i believe the fate for mandatory masks is tomorrow..got to laugh, donít know if anybody else does it but where I used to pay attention to people, their dress, hair etc. not in negative way, Iím now lo9ing at masks they wear, designs colour lol

Let me know your design for mask please. I hate it when my mask makes my glasses fog up.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Will show you copy when Iím up and at it

Victoria Harbour, ON

Cut out 5 more, easier to sew all at a time then I can sit upstairs and so pleats

See my template how I arched up centre somewhat, covers nose a tad where glasses rest.

You will see where I increased a tad for those nose in the turquoise photo
Then I pleated differently for bottom where chin lies

They absolutely take a lot more work but for those I love if it helps them breath better by different fit Iím ok with that

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Thanks for that info. I will give it a try.

Are the things on sides a little yo yo? They are so cute.

Victoria Harbour, ON

They are yo yoís
3Ē round then thread gathering in the middle to create a bow, once itís on a ask I glue a little bling to it

Greg just took 8 Home with him..he said the Coca Cola fabric masks I made for him fits 100 % , said his glasses, always wears sunglasses lol donít fog up so guess this is the design Iíll make until I find something new.

Iíve 5 to sew in the morning, a few for me and also Darlene. Need 3 for a few men, not sure I have fabric that a man would like but Iíll dig deep into my stash

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Looked like we were going to have a major storm, but it blew by with only a few sprinkles. https://logging-in.org/exprs/">express login

This message was edited Aug 11, 2020 1:50 PM

This message was edited Aug 11, 2020 1:51 PM

Why is some quoting Susan. I clicked on the name, and they just joined DG.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wondered same thing??

Cut grass and got back to pinning masks so I can sew them at same time..if nothing else they fill in my day..

So nice not to have air on

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

"excellent scenario"
yes, why quoting me - no introduction, so we don't know who they are.
Hope they do speak up. We would welcome our new member 😊

Pat, I use pipe cleaners i find in the craft section at Walmart. Some call them chenille stems. I use a pair of needle nose pliers to curl the ends, so they don't poke through.

Victoria Harbour, ON

The new masks I designed have gathering near where nose is, now I donít need the metal straps or pipe cleaners. Had so many compliments today about my mask...

Glad to hear that. I need to make some.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Looked at clock, seemed much to early to go to bed so found some really nice wilderness fabric so cut 7 mask for men..I had promised 4 so that ought to get me back to just making for fun lol

I certainly look at everybody's mask, see what others have come up with.

Victoria Harbour, ON

While sitting here I cut out another mask..thank good ness fir scraps, been making orettybiw womenís mask so now to make some for men.

Been thinking how I can fill my day,i remember cutting easy placemats for Darlene and ended up with about 3-4 extra sets, now to find them and finish them, now watch likely no backing..hmmm could go to Walmart and purchase a single sheet in a colour that might do ordinate..now to find them, might have to clean craft room to find them lol

This message was edited Jul 16, 2020 10:29 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Good luck finding fabric or thread at Walmart. Our store has been out for months.

Victoria Harbour, ON

There may be sheets though, here is hoping..

How are your fabric stores, are they stacked up, are the prices up as well?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

All we have at our WalMart are fat quarters, and a few folded pieces - maybe 1 yard? of fleece, etc

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty I love that new mask pattern, I will need to watch again, make more notes and make me some more. Mine seems a bit small somehow.

I was at hobby lobby yesterday. Fully stocked, and prices are good. All fabric was 25% off. $8.00 & $10.00 average prices. Same here at our little quilt shop.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is a fair price

Victoria Harbour, ON

Got a basket of face masks done, decided to knit for a bit..do you find your mind is working overtime and you canít concentrate on just one thing

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

All the time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.