JULY..Callenges,Projects,Oranizing Ourselves but best of all sharing ideas and caring about each other,..newcomers always welcome!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Every time I hear the Covid news and Texas mentioned I think of you Lindakay I pray you and your stay well..

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

We have been one of the best areas for so long and suddenly we had a big jump and another death. That's a total of 4 but still for our area. Cases jumped almost 50% in a day.

I'm feeling better today. Just had to quit the bad med and get a good med. I even feel a bit hungry.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Glad you are feeling better Karen.

So sad how fast this virus spreads.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you Linda. I potted a banana plant for you. Won't send it until I'm pretty sure it's growing good. Looks good so far but watching for new growth.

Thanks Karen.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad you are feeling better Karen.
Wow a banana plant, that would be exciting..

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

They are exciting Betty. So tropical. The darned things just grow and spread so fast.

Victoria Harbour, ON

With all this heat and humidity feel Iím in the tropics!

This message was edited Jul 21, 2020 5:17 AM

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

What zone will it grow in?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat, I've never seen them north of here. They don't even bloom here. They might bloom and fruit at Linda's, I know they do in FL.

I have seen several yards with banana plants, I am going to do my best to get it to grow.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's still alive so we shall see. There are a few more starter coming so maybe when I get back I'll start some more.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Good luck with them Karen..I found a package from many years ago, were included in a swap..cat nip.will get some soil ready and plant it and see if they are still ok.

Today Iím working on masks and baby quilt..passing the day seeing storm is brewing so an inside day

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Going to play with border, did stores today so am too tired to finish quilt top..tomorrow morning I will get at it so I can quilt.

Bought fabric to do a dog with machine embroidery machine, think I bought wrong fabric..got eyelash fabric, what to heck was I thinking.

Doubt I will use it.

Wonít let me post photo, will try in the morning

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon...

Been lazy week or so but have been working on projects, slow but sure

Have masks all pleated (24), 12 wine glasses primed with orange, ready to do more of fall designs..this morning been playing with 2 bakers hats, nothing too exciting but filling in time,,

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Such beautiful projects

Can't wait to see them finished.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Surely I havenít gotten to August and not started a thread?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

most of the way through August too! I know, time slips by.
We finally have our motorhome back and will be going camping Aug 31 to Sept 3 - 3 nights sleep. Looking forward to it. The guy was going to do a 1-day maintenance on it and had it for a month, running it through its paces. We've had it about 10 years & have never taken it to get checked - Bob's done it over the years.
Apparently we have a police-vehicle-grade motor - Dodge 440, 4 barrel Interceptor class, which means it's pretty powerful 👍

This message was edited Aug 24, 2020 7:49 AM

Just don't try to outrun the police in your motorhome!! I don't think it will work!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over,

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544014/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.