Morning Glories 2020 #08

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Your blooms are beautiful Jackie.
I guess the mgs take a break when they need it. I know my Saz has just now started to have few blooms again.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Helena. Mine have hit their heyday so slowing down a bit. Having so many bugs doesn;t help. With ds so sick, I just don;t feel like fighting bugs. So close to the end of August, I will have to start work cleaning g house soon. I have 3 foot weeds in there to be pulled.

This just doesn't look like Plum Surprise. I don;t have a clue unless I can find a tag down in the pot. The bottom of these petals have a pink/lilac tint that you can't see in the picture # 1
Pres Bush flaked
Tai aki
Lav not
Cute little Plum Surprise out front

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Jackie all your blooms are gorgeous. All really especial.
I got a few nice blooms today. I went to Lowes and bought a rose bush for a ridiculous price but I just loved the color and it had to be called "crazy love". A few other plants too. Lowes had a batch of milkweed that were infested with aphid bugs. I got 2 yellow ones that I picked that had a lot less and as soon as I got home I squished them and hose the off. They did have 2 lady bug larva but I hose them off too. Pic of my fertilome soil.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful blooms ladies. It has been a hot and bad summer for bugs.

Absolutely gorgeous mg's Helena. I love your black and blue Fuji if I;m recalling the name right. I like your Saz too and the others, Yes that is the same bag as the Fertilome I buy. You will love it. It is a mix rather than the heavy soil. I do have to water more using the Fertilome. This next season I;m going to start a few in'Miracle Grow and see how I like it,.
The unknown Lav making very pretty blooms
Pres Bush
Plum Surprise on carport
maybe Debs pink

This message was edited Aug 29, 2020 1:11 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I think I will get 2 more bags of Fertilome soil soon. I like some of the miracle grow soil too. There's a home and garden soil that I got that isn't too bad either.
My blooms from this morning. I really liked the last set with the wine color and Fuji country blue-purple, I think is from Emma's seeds. My new roses has a nice scent, the yellow bloom is a David Austin rose.. My two caterpillars sharing a leaf.

Forgot to say that I love your gorgeous blooms Jackie. I'm enjoying seeing them.

This message was edited Aug 28, 2020 7:23 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena. Most of my blooms today were destroyed by the rain. Yours
are beautiful I love that blue/purple Fuji. and the purple star right below it.
Your blue pea vine looking good and the Roses are lovely. Love that orange/peachy color.
1st one from yesterday

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Thanks for posting your beautiful blooms ladies.
I hope you all didn't get flooding. Weather reports, showed a lot of rain going over your areas.

Linda, we've been lucky so far, no power outage here for us. I'm sure there are some statewide. Lots of rain but we were so dry that lots of the rain just soaked right in,.

rain sounds nice. We need it bad here.

Hoping you get rain Linda.

Spanaway, WA(Zone 8a)

I've enjoyed looking through these beautiful Morning Glory blooms. I have a hard time growing them in the Pacific NW because we don't get as much heat but this year I have been blessed by this little cutie. It's Carnevale Di Venezia

Thumbnail by suzyq1968

Suzy Q beautiful Carnival of Venice mg. Thanks for sharing. From past members, we know it's hard to get them to flower in the Pacific NW.

Beautiful bloom Suzy Q. Thanks for posting it.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Ladies.
Pretty bloom Suzy Q. Our weather here too is hot and humid too. I would keep trying to grow purpureas Suzy Q.
Love your blooms Jackie, all so gorgeous.
My blooms today, the red fuji has not made a pretty bloom yet so I'm still waiting on it. My baby turtle, and my 5 caterpillar, think this is from the Queen butterfly, not monarch.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena, gorgeous Saz blooms.. Love your Fuji;s on the bottom of the 1st set.
Beautiful blooms in the 2nd collage. Cute turtle, I haven;t seen many turtles this summer
I've seen those caterpillars before.they were munching on my Brug leaves. I just left them alone
Flaked Pres Bush
Tai aki
China doll
This white bloom does have lite pink ,markings so it is coming
off of Pres Bush. not Lav Saz as I 1st thought

This message was edited Aug 30, 2020 11:17 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Time for a new thread

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544112

This message was edited Aug 29, 2020 8:31 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.