SEPTEMBER Challenges,Projects & Organizing Ourselves...a sharing with friends!

Victoria Harbour, ON

We came from here, quick trip lol

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544014/

Lindakay that was a lot of masks to deliver, here is hoping the all see. The fabric shop in Orillia Friday had a basket, they were charging $7 and had all sizes.

Iíve many projects on the go, have 4 snowman hats to decorate, quilt on frame, bought strapping for the winter farm panel and also have all cut out from scraps to test the Gnome for the Holidays packet.

Did grass and some work in the ditch this morning then layer on the couch, now Iím trying to talk myself into getting up and at least iron on the pieces to the lovely sparkle snowflake fabric I had bought at Joannís last year.

Could bring up the portable ironing board, iron and ruler upstairs and play with it.

Have furnace off, windows open, think Iíd best close windows, put heat on, hot bath and see if I find some energy!

Ziggy is ready to go, laying on the 18Ē truck.

What are you all up to? Long weekend, anything special? New designs, projects?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Maybe itís because of leftovers I used and not quilted but donít like it

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I love that panel. I need to find that pattern.

It is our labor day weekend. Hubby has Friday and Monday off. We had grilled baby back ribs for dinner. No company this year. Just the 2 of us.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Betty, I like it better than the pattern picture. I do think the writing on the truck needs to be different. I like YOUR colors MUCH better than theirs.

I got my dates mixed up and showed up the friend's daugther's wedding a day earlier. At least I showed up on time THE RIGHT DAY, today. Golly, it was too hot for outdoor wedding at 4 and took a whole hour!!! YIKES.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sounds yummy Lindakay..I cooked a whole pot of macaroni/Hamburg and tomatoes, put that on mash potatoes and Iím happy..as always cooked wayyyy too much.

Oh my Pat, you must have both had a chuckle..hope wedding wasnít outside, much too hot!

Now that I put the black/white banner on the piece i donít mind it. As for the writing I had a bit of trouble making it fit on the door, especially the little leaves, had to cut them down..likely once initial are appliquťs it will be better...you couldnít sell these, there was a lot of fabric involved, prep work and likely will take most of the day to finish it..

Going to look for the fall machine embroidery designs on the memory stick and put one on the machine, while Iím working on the gnomes I can do an extra project.

Funny, last 2 days Iíve gone downstairs there is such an unusual smell, faint and sweet, finally figured out what it was..the 4 snowman hats that I cooked in oven and have to decorate lol

The wedding & reception was outside and it was way too hot and way too long! I jetted out as soon as the wedding was over. I did not even approach the family after the services. They knew I showed up, brides Dad & I talked briefly before hand.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is great, at least you made the wedding for a bit.

Just had a late lunch, have about 1/2 the gnome piece done, of course I did something silly, layer down and now I could nap

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is great, at least you made the wedding for a bit.

Just had a late lunch, have about 1/2 the gnome piece done, of course I did something silly, layer down and now I could nap

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lost my ďA ď in farm, looked all over for it, guess I will have to cut and sew another
Also need to dry brush colour on his nose

Still not fond of it

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I think it is adorable. But I love anything with gnomes.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Need to put back and make pillow insert..it sold!

Oh my. So glad it sold. Hope you made money on it.

Boston, MA

Dajemy ci Zwierzęta Kigurumi! Udostępniliśmy Ci růżnorodną ofertę Zwierzęta Kigurumi dla dorosłych i dzieci do kupienia. Wysyłamy za darmo na całym świecie,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
By= https://kigurumistore.com.pl/zwierzeta-kigurumi

Don't know what the above post is, but don't click on it.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Nope, might get us in trouble..sold the bench pillow for $100, wonít make a fortune but passed my time.

yesterday I was couch bound so spent all day cutting out 3 more, not fond of them but know a few who would love them for Christmas

Sharon bought the giraffe quilt pattern..must get it from her

Victoria Harbour, ON

In tones and designs of light gray, picture does not do it justice..cute giraffe

Sharon just finished her blue quilt, she lives a lovely job on binding, no hand sewing

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Finished the gnome pillow, think I might have stiffed too much, might take some out.

Rita dropped in for a few hours, was nice seeing her. 2 sets of pumpkin wine glasses went home with her along with a fall pillow..

I played with a small pillow, design I had..see something in it?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That blue quilt is beautiful.
Glad to hear you sold a gnome pillow. That is a good price. I know you put many hours into it.
I love the fall quilt and pillows. I see a black cat and a turkey.

Victoria Harbour, ON

If you look at the turkey you will see head/body is a ĒpĒ you pick the first letter of your name..makes turkey personal

I saw that. Pretty cute idea.

Yes, I saw the P and the turkey but didn't get the significance, thank you.

$100 seems alot until you figure out the time!! Then it seems kinda piddly huh?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Have $50 into it and 2 hays cutting and sewing..had I been able to buy fabric stateside could have done 1/2 the price
At $20 a meter (39 inches) you donít go far that what you make is costing a fortune

WOW... that would sure put a crimp in my sewing!

Wish we could send you some fabric, and it didn't take 2 or more weeks to get there.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I would be good if we could Linda, but postage is so high it would negate any savings. Mail is unreliable too. It has taken nearly a month to get things to MI that should only take two or three days. I now send out kids birthday cards two weeks ahead to be sure they have them in time.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Kind of you all to suggest sending fabric but yes, postal costs are so high out of country..just have to decide that what I am going to sew are what I want to do and not for sake of sewing.

Brought a portable ironing board upstairs and iron, drats didnít I put the beard on a gnome the right side down, glue all over my iron, sooo until I go in to purchase iron off that iron I wonít be able to use.

Quote from taters55 :
I love that panel. I need to find that pattern.

It is our labor day weekend. Hubby has Friday and Monday off. We had grilled baby back ribs for dinner. No company this year. Just the 2 of us.

Iíve many projects on the go, have 4 snowman hats to decorate, quilt on frame, bought strapping for the winter farm panel and also have all cut out from scraps to test the Gnome for the Holidays packet.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not sure about post above?

Did almost get all the cut design pieces ironed on 3 (17x39Ē) white glitter snowflake fabric

Wonít be this week but itís just as easy to Applique the 3 at once, less changing of colour.

Thought if bright green fabric was used vs, the blue green batik I would like it better but not..

Betty, sounds like new poster here. Sounds like she likes to quilt and craft as well.
I hope she post photos.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Welcome Eva, We do like to have show and tell pictures. Let's see what you are into trhese days.

Yes was a "shopping day" I guess! I bought a power recliner from Walla Walla (an hour away), was all prepared to hop in truck and get it and found out my nephew was IN Walla Walla! He picked it up for me. I was so pleased, $100 for electric recliner, NOT a lift chair, just power chair, in GREAT condition.
Bought a set of gray "black out" curtains, and picked up a free dresser. I would have bought another set of gray "black out" curtains but couldn't find the house! I also bought a wooden ladder I hope to convert into a night stand.

When I claimed the recliner from my nephew, I paid a "delivery fee" of a batch of Marhmellow Rice Krispies. I knew he wouldn't take money but he had NO problem with treats! LOL

Saw my sister briefly, delivered some Rice krispies to her too & she sent me home with 2 pieces of fabric to make Kevin more scrub tops.

Kevin is loving the job & is blowing thru the training, he's completed 6 days worth in 2 plus did some additional updating in the registry. The HR person gave him the stuff and asked who had trained him on it. "No one yet, I'll figure it out". And he did, trainer checked his work it was 100% correct. His trainer had gotten busy and he was just trying to keep busy when he picked up the registry work. Needless to say, they are happy with him too. He told me he had ordered a few things for his including a folding table.

I hope to focus on some much needed house cleaning & then a little SEWING!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Welcome Eva, would love to hear of your interests..

Well I sat this morning and had a bag of fixing I had spent the week cutting for the Gnomes, now to applique

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I am confused with the above post. A quote being copied by another person???

Yes, a quote, copied and post a 2nd time.

I have been on a buying spree in the last 2 weeks or so. I have bought a power recliner, a leather recliner, 3 sets of curtains, wooden ladder, free dresser, silk flowers, vacuum cleaner, live potted flowers,3 lamps (2 for new gray bedroom, to be painted black, a white eyelet one for the lavender bedroom). 3 doors, (2 are to be used to make arbore, 1 for headboard for gray bedroom). Now only the live plant was new, but still, I need to get busy and get all this "put together" and stop spending!

I wish I could start painting the gray bedroom but instead, today I will move furniture. I will clear off & take down a small folding table so the antique buffet can be moved to that corner, to make room for the 2 "new recliners" side by side in the living room. .

I have rehomed my two brown recliners, Kevin's old desk and youngest, Adam, took 3 of the dressers home to his house. I still need to find Adam one more study long dresser. I need the measurements of windows so I can start the customization. All the curtains are for their house.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Holy wash..way the go Pat..we all need spending sprees from time to time..mine will be when I can cross the USA border lol

Glad family members could make use of the other pieces.

You have been busy. Sounds like you have plenty of projects to keep you busy for awhile.

ADD looking a lot like bipolar manic phase! LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Put in a full day cleaning and yard duty today, mom has shortening of drapes for me to do but I donít want to undertake the project, maybe tomorrow..would like to do some cutting for a runner, kit I had but if I take it out to work on she will wonder why I canít work on curtains.

You know, we are 4 kids and Iím the only one she visits, itís ok, but when you live on your own itís mega different...like right now I would make myself comfy in bed

As much as you two disagree, she somehow feels comfortable around you.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.