SEPTEMBER Challenges,Projects & Organizing Ourselves...a sharing with friends!

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Yes, I know there is a price to pay for being "the favorite". I never did figure out why Mother was not closer to my sister. Marie is one of the kindest, sweetest people I know. Mom was not always as good to her as she should have been.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Got the Christmas piece ready for applique, along with 3 other pieces, Iíll jump from project to project rather than triple the amount of changing coloured thread.
Lots to do, fixed scarecrow this morning who had one hand missing, cut and chipped 2 wooden pumpkins, might get a chance to stain them today..

As well, found 2 boxes of 4 Christmas balls that I had started to paint Georgian Bay designs..

Gorgeous out there, just might play outside for an hour or so, enjoy some fall

I can't procrastinate any longer, I have got to get some paperwork done today.

Last night had Sharon (DSIL) over for dinner and worked at cutting out more jean blocks for her son's jean quilt. .

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I can't take a lot of credit for this one. I made the center and the rest was done in a Round Robin by our QOV group. Then it was quilted and because i asked, it was sent to me to present. It has a lot of paisley so I think I'll save it for a female veteran.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

That is a really unique quilt top, I Love it!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Holy wah, that is some quilt..itís stunning and certainly one of a kind..

Nice that you are working with SHARON Pat, does she sew or are you now teaching her.

There is a quilt shop in Barrie, they have daily sales, tomorrow is a Christmas panel, Sharon wants one and I would like a few..$5 each..set the alarm to remind myself to call..of course likely they only have 1.. we will see

I got the wood slabs painted, tomorrow they will be pumpkins lol

I also have a piece Iím machine embroidering for a pillow, 16 steps and Iím up to 5 but calling it a night

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Sharon sews, she is not real experienced but knows the basics. More than anything she doesn't really need the help, we just enjoy working together. We have spent a weekend working on my wood projects (which she is WAY more experienced than me) and then we garden in mine or hers. Her daughter is very gifted at crafted, very creative.
Today I am spending the day with my sister Marie. We are driving to Walla Walla to get her sewing machine worked on. Because we come from out of town, the repair guy schedules us, we putter around town etc, and he calls when it's ready.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is wonderful that your sister and Sharon have interests that match yours, always fun when someone else is around when crafting.

Called hummingbird fabrics exactly at 9 only to hear they open at 10 so set my alarm again so I didnít miss calling at 10..ordered 5 Xmas panels, Greg will pick them up at some point

I finished the scarecrow pillow, he is cute, had those faux apples from $$ store so made caramel apples with them, donít know if I like them but they are just for,p display..need to find fine ribbon to tie in each stick.

Iím going to bring all the painted wood pieces downstairs,for,sanding and am hoping my energy stays with me so I can finish them

Worked up a hunger so will cook spaghetti, froze most of it but kept some out

Hate to go through Xmas bins checking for greenery, might take a run Saturday morning to Michaelís, will call and ask if they have it out first..making a list just incase, have those 4 snowman hats I want to finish before starting something else.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oops guess I posted the baby quilt in the wrong forum.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Itís gorgeous Karen, another quilt to be cherished...

Did my housework, cleaned two fabric containers of fall fabric, was able to cut the leaves I was missing from fall project I found and now will applique then then sew together and hopefully sandwich..Iíd feel I accomplished something if I get it done today..could if I made a faux flange binding as I wouldnít have to hand sew.

When you clean sometimes you find Projects you double and triple cut..this morning found I think full kit for the kitty pillow and maybe a happy thanksgiving bench pillow..almost afraid to look into bins lol

Sharon has orders for 2 dog design quilts and a grey toned queen quilt, another queen, colours just not picked as yet..she placed orders for fabric by cc and got credit on her cc, guess Canadian fabric distributors are out of fabric..what is this world becomming

that's disappointing, no fabric!

Marie & I had a great time yesterday. Really it was the first time she has been out of the house for anything but absolute necessities. We took her sewing machine in for repair, shopped at a thrift store and another little Mom & Pop fabric store. A woman had passed away and the widower had brought a bunch of stuff in for the store to sell for him. I picked up several bargains on fabric and rotary cutter, sharpener and new blades.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Great buys..you can always use additional tools.any new designs? Usually these small fabric shops come up with different projects.

I worked on that fall table topper this morning, have random quilting to do on 4 blocks then I could hand sew binding tonight but itís to push myself back downstairs lol

Went to town and got my turkey and all the fixings and pie supplies while the pickings are good..Thanksgiving isn't for for 2 weeks but wanted it done, just need a boneless ham and I'm all set except for pie making!

Now Iím plum tuckered out..having yams and chicken then see how I feel about working another few hours.

I wish the US Thanksgiving was when the Canadian one is! Ours is just too close to Christmas!!! And on the heels of Halloween, so I don't think Thanksgiving gets the attention and enjoyment that it should.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Know I sure would not want it so close to Christmas..you are right you probably have to focus as a family which will get to be celebrated especially if family has to travel.

Lots of applique on the gnome bench pillows so doing a bit at a time, going to go out and do some yard work then come back in and do a little more.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moves us over and on time

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544742/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.