Morning Glories 2020 #10

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Linda. I enjoyed Pres Bush mg more than any of my other mg blooms.

This message was edited Oct 10, 2020 11:08 PM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful pink bloom from Pres. Bush Jackie. I've enjoyed all your blooms Jackie.
Jackie, I googled the yellow lotus banana, it does have beautiful lotus like blooms. My other 2 banana plants are dwarf, I hope I still have the name tags on them. They did die back last year in the gh.
Linda, my g daughters neighbor said to plant bananas in 3, at least the ones I got. I made sure I got small ones and kept them watered every day. I do think they like more water than other plants.
I transplanted my Fuji vine and the chocolate blizzard this morning.
My blooms from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena.
Gorgeous blooms this morning, that blue speckled is a showstopper.
Love your Chocolate Silks and blizzards.
Beautiful blue Fuji wish I could remember its name. I know its hard to get it to come
true from seeds..

Aloe
Pres Bush
Count Dracula
Mule earred orchid

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I love all your beautiful blooms. Thanks for sharing them. Jackie, that orchid is stunning. I have never seen that one.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Funny, I just remembered the name of Fuji no Monet, I think. Could be Fuji no Ao???
Love your beautiful blooms too Jackie. That orchid has neat blooms. I've given up on growing orchids, they need extra care. My plants have to be tough and go dry for a bit till I get to them.
I had loads of blooms on chocolate silk and a few other were nice. Something was munching on my clitoria bloom and leaves.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, it's Fuji no Monet. Glad you could remember the name,Your Monet's are very pretty this morning.
The mule earred orchid is easy to grow, sometimes it goes for a month without a drink so you couldn't hurt it by being slow to water.
Lovely assortment of blooms,. beautiful blue pea vine even with something munching on the lvs. Something is stripping the green chlorophyll out of my pea vine lvs even though I just sprayed 2 weeks ago.
Gorgeous Chocolate Silks and I love your Fuji I've been calling black and blue, can't remember the real name.
My Count Drac opened 5 blooms today, hope it's not finishing up blooming
I'll get pics later.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I'm enjoying those blooms too.
Fewer blooms today though. I had a few that had defects so not posting them, also noticed that rust on the leaves was sneaking in. Guess we had too much rain.

Those are beautiful Helena.

Pretty indica and Chocolate Silks Helena. Love your beautiful Monet and pink blizzard.
I waited too long to snap pics of my Count Drac yesterday, they had all closed
before 4 o'clock
We have a cat missing this morning. He stayed out all night Sunday night which he likes to do but he never came in yesterday. I was too busy trying to move
all our phones to another carrier so I didn't notice until the rest of the family mentioned it. I know this is bad because he would have come home to eat.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Your count Drac bloom was really pretty Jackie. Hope it still keeps blooming for you.
Hope your cat returns. Our cats do that too. I know sometimes people think they are stray and like to feed them.

Hopefully your cat will come home soon.

Thanks girls, hoping our cat returns home. We will be just miserable if something happens to another one of our cats.

Gautier, MS

Hope all is well.
I worked outside a bit, up pulling up the crocosmia (spelling) bulbs that have taking over and just don't bloom year after year. Still have too many to dig up. Also cut down a small tree with my 13 year old with a hand saw.
I had a need bloom yesterday from a purple dot, a cross from a seller that I buy in FL. I have not been out yet to see if I have any nice blooms.

Jackie, I hope your cat comes home soon.

Beautiful blooms Helena. That last one is awesome.

Nothing yet Linda. We walked all over yesterday looking for any signs of our missing cat. didn't see a thing and don't know what to make of it. Got a couple more places to look today.
Absolutely gorgeous Chocolate Silk blooms Helena,
Love your speckled too.
My Drac made a few blooms yesterday
purps blooming in the tub
Pres Bush still blooming everyday just not as pretty now
Look at this ugly Plum Surprise, can't believe it's still trying to bloom even if it's
making deformed blooms. my longest blooming mg.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty, deformed or not.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Glad to see you are getting so many nice blooms from dracula. Your Pres Bush did really good too. Your Plum Surprise is still trying to bloom for you. I like the purps too.

Thanks girls. I will plant more Plum Surprise next yr since it was such a good bloomer
and flaked Pres Bush. First we have to get thru a cold winter.

Praying it isn't a harsh winter for any of us.

Gautier, MS

Kind of windy morning here. Hoping it won't be a bad winter for any of us too.
The pictures are from yesterday in the collage, sun is not out so this morning only had 2 blooms and they came out dull.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Gorgeous blooms Helena. Your Chocolate Silk has been impressive all summer and your Fuji no Monet is
beyond lovely. Yours is the 1st one I;ve seen in years. I like your blooms from today too, I don;t think they;re dull, that's just the lack of sunshine.
Dh thinks we're due for a hard winter. Hope he's wrong.
Good news for us, our son feels better. He's got his appetite back
so the blood clot must be shrinking. They've not said anything about leukemia
but then, they haven't done the bone marrow test. Trying not to worry here unless we have reason to.
The bad news, no sign of our missing cat he's been gone since Sunday night.
Lots of coyotes around our area, a shame he wouldn't stay in his fenced yard
but a cat's not going to.

Cosmic Kell Aug 2019

This message was edited Oct 16, 2020 12:44 PM

Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms today ladies.

Jackie, nice to hear your son is doing better. Seems like it takes forever to get testing ordered, and diagnosis back to you.
Praying it is nothing serious.

Thanks Linda. Same here and hoping it dfoesn;t come down to needing a bone marrow test. He's very stubborn and would probably say no.

My Spec Mg finally opened 2 blooms this morning. Not as pretty as last yrs or any of the previous yrs I grew it, but happy to have any blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I love those colors. Very pretty.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Glad to hear too that your son is doing better Jackie.
Beautiful Cosmic Kelli bloom, when I grew it mine turned out lavender and purple wish it had the light and dark blue colors.
Beautiful blooms from your spec mg Jackie. Glad it's blooming for you.
Seems with this cold and warm spell here my mgs are not making hardly any blooms. On the collage 3 blooms are from yesterday and the bottom purple off color is from this morning. I noticed my Clitoria didn't make a single seed pod. So I will have to take good care of it through winter to have it next year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena,.
Most of my Cosmic Kell blooms were purple, not blue. The one I sent may also have been purple, just a trick of the camera making it look blue.
Your blooms are lovely this morning.. My Clitoria only made 1 seed pod and that was because I hand pollinated it. So if yours blooms again, go ahead and make like a bee so you can have a seed pod. If it doesn't bloom again, I have a few sds I can send you. I just wish the bugs didn't like it so much.

Beautiful blooms Helena.
Sorry you have no seeds. Can you take cuttings and root them?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I will have to try hand pollinating it. I might still have some seeds from it. Since it's a vine I can try to take a cutting from it to try to root.
Only 3 blooms this morning and one had defects. A nice bloom from one of my roses.
The leaves on my mgs look awful.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, absolutely beautiful blooms this morning. we don't care about the leaves.
Lovely color on your Rose, gorgeous speckled and blue Fuji??? with the lacy petals.
I wish I could remember the name.

Helena, those are so pretty. Your rose is beautiful.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Jackie I tried to find the label for that Fuji but not sure which pot it came from. I think a few of the labels got mixed up or it came mixed from the seller. One or two don't resemble the name or pictures of the bloom.
Only 2 blooms this morning.

Helena, thanks for trying to find the name for that Fuji. I love it, a beautiful bloom.
Pretty blooms this morning, the white which may or may not have a touch of blue and the lovely lavender.
My name tags are scattered to the winds too, thanks to the raccoons.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I might have to check out the sellers site to see if he still has the fuji seeds posted showing the blooms. He has new crosses with blzds and of coarse new names.
Picked 2 seed pods from hige blueberry twist this morning. sorry the pics weren't very good this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena those are beautiful. I love the middle two.

I love the pretty higes too, glad you gathered some seeds from it.'Beautiful indica and is that Sunrise Serenade hige? Helena if you have been posting blooms from S.S, I did not recognize it until now.
Nothing wro ng with your pics this morning.

Pres Bush just keeps on blooming and Count Drac in the greenhouse

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images