OCTOBER Challenges, Projects & Ideas..Organizing Ourselves and sharing!

Victoria Harbour, ON

We moved from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544220/

Holy wahhh..October already.i seem to be sewing and doing crafts daily but not really getting ahead 😜 grandma used to say ď the faster I go the more behind I getí

Found a lot of projects i had set in bags, always cut more than I need so my goal will be to try my best in making them into something.

Just finished cutting out a childís craft activity bad, just a few pieces left, hurrah, just enough, although I had to make a seam, now to hide it lol

Started to paint my Georgian Bay Christmas balls

Karen I bought the pumpkin chenille pattern and the wonky snowman pattern in Frankenmuth when we met up and you and the girls gifted me the chenille cutter..have everything for snowman wallhanging except for the pattern for the chenille scarf, have to fudge that one.

Are you enjoying the fall weather or are you being crafty?

Made a quick run to Barrie for a few supplies, Michaelís had a few Christmas aisles set up, I need3d greenery, yikes not much and what was there cost a fortune..a sprig of greener although nice was $29.99, with 30% coupon still expensive but it is nice..Iíll finish the 4 snowman hats tomorrow morning.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty, I'd just as soon keep summer for a while longer. We are heading up north tomorrow morning and coming back????? Who knows.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Greenery is one thing that I can always find at the thrift store. I am a cheapskate!

It's been an interesting day. Went to pick up a piece of art at a ladies house. She was standing in the house, behind glass storm door. While I looked down to watch steps to climb onto the porch, she passed out, hit her head on rock floor entry and lost consciousness. I entered house to check her while calling 911 but was a little nervous about her very large dog. It growled a little but did not snarl.

I stayed with her until the EMTs showed up. She regained consciousness before they got there, but was very fuzzy, EMTs took her to hospital. I took my art & left the money next to her business card at the entry. I'll call and check on her later.

My sewing room is getting better and better. It is becoming truly functional and I am starting to get some kind of organization to it. It's exciting. Still lots more to do. But progress is happening! I am continuing to call the woman I met thru Craigslist and give her my excess tools and fabric. She is so happy and gradually getting all the things she needs. When I am done with the sewing room, I will have excess storage containers for her as well. Bins & clear boxes of every size & shape.

OK, off to paint. I am still hopeful that the reclaimed guest room will be ready for Saturday. I'll take pictures when I am done.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Long drive ahead of you Karen, you are lucky your DH can still do long Roadtrips...stay safe!

What an experience for you to have Pat..she was lucky you were there..yes small steps each day and the commitment to purge as you go along will leave you with a good working space.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

It is a long day but we take it easy and stop as we need to. Nothing tomorrow night except get to our hotel and go to bed. Sat. wedding will be at hotel so easy day too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

small wedding re attendance? Think we are under 50 , darn Covid!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wanted to say have a safe trip Karen and enjoy the wedding..

Staying in jammies as itís a rainy day..have my paints out,painting Xmas tree bulbs and a wood piece. Mid rain stops for awhile might take a quick run to back shed, know Iíve bin that has unfinished wood pieces. Enjoy sitting on couch working on projects..

Goal today is finish the 4 snowman hats, the how many days til Christmas wood piece and Christmas balls, know that is ambitious, letís see if I get any done lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Very small, I think we will be under 10. Her family are all being very stinky over an entirely different matter so Steve decided to just keep it very small. Plan to have a bigger celebration next summer.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful projects Betty.
Pat, that must have scared you a lot. Glad you were there to help her.
Making more masks.

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Youíve a full time job there Lindakay..they are lovely

Cut up my Xmas panel now have to cut inner borders and topper, maybe later

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Who ever came up with the red truck and Christmas tree theme, sure made a hit!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That they did..it was everywhere last year, that and gnomes..donít think gnomes are as popular but red trucks are..took me 5 hrs non stop butpanel is back together

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

THAT is really nice!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

They are coming out with a lot of panels they are saying for QOV but they just don't work for me. They are using trucks and bears and wolves. I'm just more in favor of flags and eagles. They have always been well liked by the veterans.
Jess is all hopped up on decorating for Halloween. I'll bet she will take good advantage of me being gone. We haven't lived where we get kids coming around since the 70's. So haven't been used to decorating. We don't where we are now either and ours are past the age, well except for Jess. LOL
We have 3 good sized Dogwood trees that pretty much block the front of the house from the road. Jess has fun with it so it's OK with me.

Going down to talk with the hotel manager, I was told she would be here today. Not really satisfied with conditions here. Nothing awful but first off I found a piece of a childs toy right out in the middle of the bathroom floor. Very obvious as it was bright pink. This tells me the cleaning was not done as well as it could have been. Part of what we pay for and they tout is their WiFi which is practically no existent. There is supposed to be breakfast which because of COVID there is not. We are also paying for that. I do think there should be adjustments We shall see. Maybe I'm just being a picky butt. I have stayed often enough to know what to expect.

Betty, I love that panel. Is there a video or instructions how to do that?

Karen, I hope you get your discount. That is not acceptable at all.

Karen, YIKES, you absolutely have reason for concern, complaint AND discount.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Karen, worth a try, are you only there for the night?

Lindakay, I will look, think there was a link when I bought the kit for the last one I did which still isnít quilted. Problem is the sizes change depending on the panel so I had to revamp the one I had. Pat did it but she cut the red markings off the side pieces I didnít like it so I took the time to do some measuring so I could keep them on the piece it will be nice when quoted Iím sure.

Got my grocery shopping done and home by about 1030 OK I will look I think your flight link when I cite the kit for the last one night. Problem is the sizes change depending on the panel so I had to revamp the one I had. Pat did it but she cut the red markings off the side pieces I didnít like it so I took the time to do some measuring so I could keep them on the piece it will be nice when quoted Iím sure.

Got my grocery shopping done and home by about 1030 And got right to it. Finish decorating the four snow hats and the board I had painted days till Christmas and I wanted to try that Primitive that you clean your pumpkin make a face put it in the oven overnight and see what happens Iím sure Iíll get a good laugh out of it. Remind me next time I try it out when you pour a bottle of cinnamon you make sure that the eyes and nose and mouth are facing upward here I put it in thinking I was going to to and got right to it. Finish decorating the four snow hats and the board I had painted days till Christmas and I wanted to try that primitive Punkin that you clean your pumpkin make a face put it in the oven overnight and see what happens Iím sure Iíll get a good laugh out of it. Remind me next time I try it out when you pour a bottle of cinnamon you make sure that the eyes and nose and mouth are facing upward here I put it in thinking I was going to Twirl it around and half of it fell out through the nose ears and mouth lol

I can just see the mess that Iím going to have to clean up in the morning said you can do it at a certain degree for for five hours or you can put it in all night at 200į so I opted to leave it in the oven all night.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

What are the hats made of?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Felt/glue/water/coffee and cinnamon

Oh Lordy, was in bed and went back to read pumpkin instructions, yikes was suppose to stuff it to the brim with tinfoil 😲

Up I went, inners was just starting to soften. managed to stuff tinfoil in the best I could but donít think it was stuffed enough.

Why do I do these things

Victoria Harbour, ON

He is still upstanding though lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

How did the pumpkin survive?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well he didnít collapse..I carefully took Tim foil out so the inner flesh can dry, not sure if I took him out of oven and left him cool the flesh might dry..Iíll give him an hour..

Made a kids bag when Cinderella fabric I had found and cut and now Iím going to try and finish these ornaments, time to get the trees green.

Think I will have a BLT first

What are you all up to?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Not doing much today.

Betty, is this the tutorial for your panel?

https://youtu.be/FP1IyR-FjT4

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes it is Lindakay

Did lot of changes to mine and resewing the nice red stripe edging back on after cutting but it gives you the jist.

The one she is showing is on my wall behind quilting frame waiting to be quilted, lordy must be 3-4 years old.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Zputlights in my pumpkin a few hours, came to look at it and it had collapsed lol

PLEASE, THERE IS A POST JUST BELOW MINE THAT ONE SHOULD NOT OPEN....PLEASE BEWARE,!

This message was edited Oct 5, 2020 12:51 PM

Oh no. Sorry to hear that. All that work for such a short time.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Thanks for sharing such a great article with us. Please visit https://plumber-electrician-dubai.com/plumber-dubai/ or click on PED for more details and helpful info regarding this topic.

Victoria Harbour, ON

More spam grrrr

Don't think I will click on that.

Victoria Harbour, ON

No, could lead to mega trouble
Think Iíll go back into my last post and edit warning of the post

Victoria Harbour, ON

Been to town, gorgeous day out there..

Would like to start a new project but I will finish something that needs to be done lol

I'm assuring it has been reported to Admin?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Winds are high, just had a hot bath to warmly myself up then back to my ornaments

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Those are beautiful Betty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just need clear coating and a few sparkles on scene section

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Well darn we are back home. Plans were to stay until maybe Tues. next week. Yesterday went all down hill for me. Started sneezing and runny nose. Before long I was really feeling miserable. After a bad, mostly sleepless night, we decided to head home. I'm really bummed as we had a lot of things planned. I'm just too selfish to share this cold. Hubby had it a couple weeks ago. and it is now my turn. At any rate don't want to be passing it to any one. I think I mostly slept on the way home. Wasn't hungry but did have a bowl of soup when hubby was hungry.
My sis called me while we were on the road. She has now tested positive for COVID and is trying to not panic. Her hubby is feeling better in the hospital.

Victoria Harbour, ON

So sorry to hear you are under the weather Karen, am sure your family is as disappointed as you both are..can understand when feeling unwell you would rather be at home.

scary times for your sister and her husband..letís hope she is healthy enough to fight it..starting to be where we all know someone who has it, worrisome indeed!

Karen, I hope you fight this off faster at home. You surely will be more comfortable at home. I will certainly add your extended family to my prayers. I wish this Covid stuff would end.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

My main concern is that I left soon enough that no one else got my cold germs. I very seldom get a cold so I thought I might dodge it this time too.

I keep wondering about this COVID. Are we doing enough? Are the masks enough? I'm scared to even think about getting the vaccine. What will they find out about it in years to come after rushing it?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Guess the only thing we can do is stay inside and order in groceries for awhile.know it spreads quickly but didnít realize just how quickly a gathering could spread it..very doubtful Iíd take the vaccine for just that reason Karen, they have no idea what after effects will be for years to come...

Another restless night, do you ever have the feeling like something terrible is close by?? Making me nervous!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.