OCTOBER Challenges, Projects & Ideas..Organizing Ourselves and sharing!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well Karen. Listen to your body, and get some rest.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Yes Betty, not often but ANYTIME is too much!! Or that nagging feeling that you have forgotten something important...

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Feeling much better today. Still congested but not feeling beat up. Got some much needed errands done. Tomorrow hoping to hit the sewing machines. Seems like forever since I was eager to sew.

glad you are feeling better Karen

Victoria Harbour, ON

Woke up to a sunshine day, started to work outside, started the pump to empty the one, been running all day, likely another hour and I can unplug it and when someone is here Iíll take new feature pump out for the winter, get all the other water feature pumps out of their areas and that will be a big job done.

Will be nice for you Karen to get back into sewing even if only for a few hours. Linda called me, said she thinks she knows of a woman who want to buy the gnome bench pillow, that would be 2 sold and 2 left to do.

Have all the 1 inch blocks pinned and ready to sew onto the topsey turvey hat on snowman pieces found cut out but not done..itís a wall hanging I bought in frankenmuth MI along with the pumpkin design I bought with Karen...hoping to have it sandwhiched tonight and ready to quilt over weekend.

Can you share what you are working on Karen?

Lindakay, you are still making masks I imagine with numbers on the rise

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Not sure what I will be doing. Have to look around at what is sitting around waiting on me.

Yes, still making masks. Don't think it will ever end.

Medical fabric and skulls for Halloween.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Iím sure like me Karen you donít wanna look too hard because youíll find dozens of projects sitting there waiting to be finished.

The fabric you are using Linda Kay is absolutely beautiful, not something you get a Joannes right? Likely the fabric shop is ordering specialty fabric in for you? Love it

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have plenty rolling around in my head Betty. Just need to sort it all out. I want to get the worst out of the way first. A friend asked me to repair and finish a quilt from her grandmother. I have it repaired, no easy task as the quilt is made entirely of squares of the old leisure suit polyester. I had to replace two squares, surprisingly I was able to find by friends searching, a fairly close match. Now to finish it. I know Andrew will long arm it. Need to find fabric for backing.

You were lucky to find that fabric.

The skeleton fabric is Robert koffman. The medical fabric i found at Walmart. They were fat quarters.

WOW, that was score on the fabric!

Marie & I drove Pendleton (more than an hour away) for me to purchase 2 area rugs and a faux window mirror with shelf. It is not going to be easy getting an area rug partially under my King size captain bed!

Lift one leg at a time.

That is the problem, it is a Captains bed, so NO legs but like a dresser under it on each side, 3 drawers side by side with planks across the 2 sides bridging it together. It would mean lifting the WHOLE bed up at once, at least enough to slide the rug under. Unfortunately, to complicate matters, I had stored some boxes of stuff in the space BETWEEN the right & left bank of drawers!

Victoria Harbour, ON

You sure take on some hard projects Pat

Taking a break, waiting for lemon pie to cool so I can do meringue then 7 pies done..we will be 4-5 at Thanksgiving table tomorrow 😜

Yes, I am not always very reasonable or smart! I got careless and left the area rug on driveway, never crossed my mind it would rain! Can you imagine how heavy a 10 x 8 rug is WET??? I called for help to move it. I , cleared the game room/ sewing area and got it laid out flat and will be shampooing it and drying it... sheessshhh... Oh well. LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

I can just imagine how heavy..

Just cleaning up, gang left early, bellies full so didnít want desert, sent home with them their favourite pie..

Oh my... that's a lot of pies! LOL

Hope you had a good time with the family.

Victoria Harbour, ON

So enjoyed it..having coffee and a slice of pumpkin pie

Took a break from masks. I was asked if I could make a quilt for our small town quilt show the end of the month. So I put this together. Just need to get it sandwiched and quilted. It is purple batik fabrics. Much prettier colors in person.

Thumbnail by taters55 Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Did that one awhile ago, itís very pretty, will be striking when quilted..donít they all take on their own personality when quilted..will it be for a draw or an exhibit?

Iíve so much I can get done before starting anything new but bought this pattern last night..itís a Christmas wreath of sorts

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

It is just for display at the show.

I love that pattern. Like you need another project.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I love that pattern. Makes a pretty Christmas tree skirt.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Found a photo.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Very pretty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Worked last night cutting the dogs, paws and dog plays (small pieces) for an Eskimo blanket, Sharon shakes so much so this will make it easier for her..think she has another to do after this one so likely I will cut that one out as well.

Yesterday I quilted the Christmas bells, today I hope to finish the toys turvy snowman and bind them so I can move on.

Anxious to have enough done that I can do that Christmas wreath

I can see me doing that inside of the wreath over and over. I really like it!

Victoria Harbour, ON

I have so many projects all over downstairs that I have to get them done before starting this one... been under the weather for 2 days, hate being unwell and not achiev8ng anything

Imagine we will soon be in November

Think Lindakay is sewing up a storm, glad she is keeping projects going

Hope you are feeling better soon Betty.

I have been working on 2 baby quilts for clients at the quilt shop.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well it does look like you may have a part time job seeing as they are selling much of your work, good news

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Halloween everyone..

I did these panels and hope to quilt them this weekend

Lordy, bet almost have 75-100 left, they are ever lasting lol

Victoria Harbour, ON

Maybe I could do a few table runners with 3 block

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

How many of those panels did you buy originally??

Those are beautiful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I taught sleighs for maybe 100, then we did them on sweatshirts and for a few years in sewing throws, table runners etc..then the girls would seeme get low and they would buy me some..then fabricland ran out and some would call head office and have some shipped to me thus Iíve many lol

Holy cow Betty!!! That is like the oil vessel that will never run out!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1545213/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.