NOVEMBER Challenges, Projects, Organizing Ourselves & Sharing with friends!! Everyone welcome, love to see what you are creating..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved from here:

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544742/?page=1

snowing, drats best I find my shovel

Being lazy right now but deserve it, got Halloween in back shed..decided as I was going to wash all the bedding and covers that I might as well put the Christmas blankets out..in order to do that I had to go through all the space bags..Lordy Iíve got too many xmas quilts and throws..the hallway is what is left after I have made all the beds and decorated with pillows

Should go put the binding on these 2 throws but napping might be in order

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Too many, yea or nay?

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Do you have a place to put each one Betty?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

LOL... I think she said these were AFTER she made up all the beds. I remember reading somewhere where a woman piled up all the extra quilts and the kids drew numbers who got to pick first etc. I thought that was pretty cool! Knowing Betty all her kids have just as many already!

Victoria Harbour, ON

That they do, told me they have too many..big sigh

Yes Iíve place for them but I need not make ore for Christmas lol

Betty, finding you a meaningful outlet for my beautiful quilts would be good! What are the likely places you can think of? I know I was looking forward to donating 3 to our summer camp program that gives a quilt to every child at camp. The kids are all Foster children, with Covid it was not operating this summer, . The 2 denim quilts I am working on will go to 2 boys that are in the foster system and have nothing of their own but their clothes, no personal belongings, (toys, games etc), after 7 days in the system.

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Betty, I think you need a few more. You can hang them as curtains. LOL!
They are all beautiful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Donít enable me lindakay lol

Pat, guess we have to wait til after Covid..I donated a Canada one a few years ago to legion, made a few thousand dollars, helped with their replacing new roof, they are closed almost all days so will wait til things ease and make something for them to raffle off

WOW!!! I am sure you felt good about the results of your beautiful quilt raising that kind of money!

Victoria Harbour, ON

It was the towns 100 year anniversary and was drawn at the July 1st celebration so lots of people to buy tickets

That is so wonderful and AMAZING!! I hope you have that in journal somewhere! That is quite the accomplishment.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Did get a letter with amount earned and a 5hank you, I might be off a tad on $$$ but Iím sure that was near the amount..will have to look what I did with the card

Victoria Harbour, ON

Ohhh did get pressie from Sally Shilling, friend of Sharon and I

Just when I was running out..2 blades and 4 spools of white thread..

Sharon, Don and Greg dropped in..guess my morning instinct to make an apple pie was a good one

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That was an awesome gift.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, Iíve browns, reds no green so I am going into Walmart hoping to find some, that and peroxide so I can rust some bells..

Getting hair cut at 2:30..hurrah

Was up at 4:30, couldnít sleep so I sewed a whole bunch of 2 1/2Ē blocks together..pat challenged me to get 3-4 pieces done from scraps in a tote sooo got started

What a thoughtful gift!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Did find green thread, I know I typed a post but must have forgot to forward..hate buying Walmart brand. Iím almost done 3 projects, tomorrow is the day, need 5hem done.

Was saying that they are hiding peroxide behind pharmacy counter, along with alcohol, 1 per person so now I can rust more pins and bells.

Betty, what are the projects, and why do you need them by tomorrow?

Victoria Harbour, ON

I donít Lindakay, jiust hate projects laying around 3/4 finished.
Suzanne was ohh and ahhíing that winter panel I cut up and put strips in so would like to get it done for her for Christmas, like giving things like that before so they can enjoy..have 3-4 more panels Iíd like to do for gifts and time is moving on.

Sharon told me she ordered that winter lake panel, I will do it after Christmas, she also bought me that Christmas panel, what I will do with it is beyond me.

Pat challenged me, Iím always up to a challenge lol to use up Xmas scraps, found a bag of all kinds of cuttings Iíve done on the accuquilt, could use some up..

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty I love to do scrappy. I usually challenge myself with them to only use each fabric once. I did a couple of the Christmas tree skirts that way. This is one before it was finished.

Thumbnail by siliolegma
Victoria Harbour, ON

Love colours, a teacher once told me to put all the blocks in bag and use the one you pick..I get too structured, great idea,Mike larger squares that I could make a tree skirt..donít need one but I could make one lol

I BOUGHT a tree skirt last year, can you believe that?? LOL... it was so pretty, after Christmas and could not have made it for what it selling for, I caved!

Karen, that is a formidable challenge, ONLY once??? Hey, it's pretty once, it's FABOULOUS a dozen times! LOL

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Started on the kids bath hoodies today. So....after I go buy a new towel....I'll try again tomorrow.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I canít blame you Pat, they have some beautiful ones out there, hard to resist and as you say if you get them discounted after Christmas a lot cheaper than making..itís amazing how much fabric a tree skirt takes..

Iíve 2 but when you put gifts under the tree you canít see them anyway. I find with the rotating base it takes up a good section of the skirt.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I made all the tree skirts so every child and grand has something from me.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Did the same with Christmas quilts..then each year something Christmas homemade..maybe I could start doing tree skirts for them..with all not in any relationship donít think they get excited over them lol..even doing the wedding quilts, I will be long gone before one of them marry 😜

Think I should clean my mess Dow stairs a little, crazy mess..my kids, Sharon and Suzanne are coming over, Caleb is doing a play, lead role and will be on tv tonight..Jeff is on his way to make sure itís connected properly and bought tickets so that includes us all, home theatre.

All door are open, itís 76 in the house, perfect kind of day.

Ray who does the yard dropped in to do the gutters, said I will soon need new roof grrrr..you donít get 20 years out of a roof that is for sure.

I am terrified of the expense of a new roof!!! I cringe at the thought! I have thought I would look into a metal one when the time comes that it becomes necessary.

Enjoy your theater movie tonight.

Will your home insurance cover the new roof? Don't wait too long, you don't need a heavy snow storm to do damage.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wonít do til spring, Karen, might be something to look into but Iím sure itís triple the cost..if I get new one in spring can guarantee you Iíll not need another in my lifetime.

Worked a bit in sewing room, got to say those flanged bindings are the cats meow, so professional looking and no hand sewing.

Put a few rows on the challenge piece, binding on one of the Victorian Santa throws..tomorrow I will do the 2nd Santa throw and another gnome pillow, finally get them done

What is a flanged binding?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Linda. look for a you tube tutorial on flanged binding. Looks so nice and all machine done.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Been doing it on all the pieces/quilts of late and so do sharon and Pat..you have to take a little more time sewing your 2 binding pieces together but 8n long term time saved, no hand sewing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DGNhbaA-3U just one tutorial.

Thanks Pat. I will have to try that.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I love Laura Coia's tutorials. Look through them you'll find some very helpful hints. I used her directions to make memory pillows from a mans shirts.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sitting pinning the Victorian Santa flanged binding throw with sunshine beaming through..then weekend goal leaves the gnome pillow to finish..

Sharon is on her way, not sure why she thinks she needs my help squaring it but she does lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love the way it looks.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Actually I do to as long as background fabric has a design so stitching 8n the back blends in

Took 2 more Christmas totes in from back shed..although there are some beautiful pieces I sit thinking, where to heck will it all go?

St Helens, United Kingdom

I am sorry to post this as it is not an actual reply but I have been looking how I can ask a question / advice about a tree that we have eg ask on a forum but cannot find out how to do this! I am new to the site. Please help.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Maryilyn welcome, we love newcomers..

sure if you let us know what you would like to make one of us may be able to help you..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.