NOVEMBER Challenges, Projects, Organizing Ourselves & Sharing with friends!! Everyone welcome, love to see what you are creating..

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

I think they are looking for information about a tree. Maybe what type it is, or are having problems with a tree?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought perhaps she was wanting info on how to make a tree? Perhaps she will come back

Warm day here 78f, wow

Linda and Dave dropped in for a visit, dropped off a gift certificate for $50 for Cookstown fabrics..wine of them

Went to barrie, sitting aghast at how much deer Hyde is, the Hydeís are all same price but some are so full of holes I couldnít work with it..I did find one piece that if I really work on putting my pattern on pelt I might get 5 pieces but unlikely

Was going to do some work in craft room but too tired, had quite the weekend.

Liking my new tv..why Jeff thought I needed a larger one I donít know, but nice of him!

We have a 55 inch TV, and we really like it. Tvs are really cheap right now.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Never forgotten nor the ones who still fight for our freedom!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Happy veterans Day. Thanks to all who served.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Nice day today with my cousin. He's a Vietnam vet, wounded several times. He finally got word that VA has agreed after 50 years, he needs full disability. So happy for him, he's lives with so much pain.

Praise God.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wonderful news Karen, canít believe itís taken so long..do they not normally give vets who has been wounded several time monitory compensation?

Want to get active this morning, bit of vertigo, going to have my bath, a coffee and see if it settles down.oiled my knitting machine and bottom needle bed yesterday, want to wipe it down this morning and check to see if all the needles are working. Been years since Iíve used it..where is hoping, got 6 orders for the snowmobile neck warmer and that is one heck of a lot of hand knitting so here is hoping...

But first I have to be able to stand up without falling right?

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

YES, standing is GOOD starting point!! Be safe, be smart, PLEASE take good care of yourself.

Betty, our vets have to fight for any compensation. For some it is automatically, but others fight for years.
My uncle was a green beret in Vietnam. He served 20 years with agent orange symptoms. He passed away last year and never got approved for any disability.

Victoria Harbour, ON

That is really sad Lindakay..before all else those fighting should come first

I agree.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

It's as hard if not harder for vets to get disability as it is for civilians. I think it's a darned shame how badly our vets are treated.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Should be passed that if you are/were a vet you get medical and $$$, need not for nothing.

Ziggy and are are cozied up in bed, cooler weather is upon us..just took cold meds, my teeth hurt and Iíve no teeth, coming down with a cold, likely why I was off balance yesterday.

I just have binding to put on winter solstice, trying to decide if I want to do flange border or so some hand sewing..

Both finished and ready for gifting. One was done with the traditional yarn tying, the other with "tacking" by the Epic machine. The machine has a feature where it locks, stitches 3 stitches & repeats 3 times, locks and cuts.
#1 tacking, #2 yarn. Stanley cannot miss a photo op!

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2

Beautiful quilts Pat.

Victoria Harbour, ON

What a tremendous amount of work Pat, my preference is the tied one, old fashions, brings memories of grandma and just want to get cozy under it..either one will be cherished

thanks, not perfect but will do the purpose. I just like the clean look of NO ties best! Functions the same. Only time will tell if the tack type will hold up as well or cut thru/pull thru and create holes in the flannel.

Victoria Harbour, ON

If you use double embroidery floss itís thinner but stronger

I used high strength, thinner quilting thread.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat maybe put a drop of Fray Check on each knot.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Laying on couch, should really be doing something..saw a pillow made with a few $$$ store gnomes, had some si if I get energetic today I will make Nikki, Sharon Ďs daughter one, she loves decorating her room

It is not the the KNOT that comes undone. Sometimes the actual fabric can tear.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Donít you make the cross over knot

square knot on the tied ones, yes. I don't have trouble with them coming undone.

BUT sometimes the yard will tear a hole in the backing after 5 or more years!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1546043/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.