SOLVED: Identify this seed

Houston, TX

I have this seed. It was in my purse a long time. I don't know if it will grow. Does anyone recognize it?

Thumbnail by Siyue Thumbnail by Siyue Thumbnail by Siyue Thumbnail by Siyue
Crossroads, Russia

It looks like the seed of Thevetia peruviana to me ...

Saint Augustine, FL(Zone 9b)

I don't know what that seed is but now that I'm a gardener I can totally relate to tucking away random seeds in your purse 🤣 Hopefully it will germinate and you can identify it from the sprout. Good luck!

Bretten, Germany

Quote from Laly :
It looks like the seed of Thevetia peruviana to me ...

I agree with Laly.
https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Thevetia-Peruviana-plant-with-riped-fruits-and-seeds_fig1_325946453

Houston, TX

Thank you for your hard work. When I saw a picture of the plant it looked familiar like I saw it before. I don't remember what trip it was though. So I think it is it. But when I saw the seed picture it looked hollow to me and I wondered if it really was. Anyway I pried it open a little bit to see if this was the seed or if there were seeds inside. I'm sad that I broke my seed. It probably won't grow now. :( I was soaking it in water for a few days before I planted it too. So I put it in dirt but probably it won't grow.
Thank you for your time.

Thumbnail by Siyue Thumbnail by Siyue Thumbnail by Siyue
Houston, TX

@Adventurous
Thank you for relating to me. It is such a nice wonder to find seeds to keep and take with us and plant somewhere else. I appreciate the compact design that our Creator made and the variety of seeds. Some are so pretty. Could you imagine if they weren't designed so easy to transport?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.