APRIL Challenges, Projects, Organizing Ourselves, a sharing of ideas..newcomers always welcome

Victoria Harbour, ON

We moved from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1546920/?page=3#post_10511241

How did we get to April already?
Iím blessed having my crafts to fill my time, now I can add gardens as well.

APRIL sister challenge goal
. Quilt the wedding quilt on the frame
. Bear panel designed into a quilt

Like committing what Iím going to try and achieve each month, gives me purpose.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

You can do it Betty.

Thanks for the new thread.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

In April I hope to get at least part of the dolls kitted up so we have a better idea where we are and what we need.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Good for you Pat.. a chore indeed.

Was at Sharonís, guess she thought I didnít have enough to do, gave me a kit of fabrics for giraffe baby quilt

I'm sewing doll clothes like crazy. We put "babies" in sleepwear & diaper, wrap in a blanket with a bottle and little sleeping hat. I try to get those OUT of my house ASAP so I can free up room. I'm working hard on basic solid knit Tshirts for every size of doll so we can more easily make wardrobes.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iím in awe Pat, you are so committed to making the lives of children in need that much better with your treasures.

SHARON thought I needed another project to gave me giraffe pattern and fabric for giraffes to fill in my day lol

Like you need more projects to do.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm still working on my alpaca yarn wrap - the amount of yarn needed as per the pattern is SO wrong. They say 3x 50gram which equals 150gram. So far, for the border & edging alone, I'm using 400grams. I'll need more than 400 grams for the center. Luckily I'm resourceful & have a colour yarn that will work with the other 2 colours I needed to complete the 4 borders & edges. Two borders/edges took 1 hank of 200grams, so I already have 2 matching colours.

Goodness, that pattern is a pain in the patootee Susan!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, Sharon gave me fabric for one set of giraffe but I i carefully cut out fabric to get 2 sets..that is where I get into trouble, Iíll make the one quilt and have another to make
Lol

Susan, how can they be that far out..the entire pattern must have been wrong, that one line you couldnít get to work and now wool shortage.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Happy Easter everyone..

Happy Easter friends!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I have the 4 edging & borders in alpaca yarn, and the finishing of the 4th border & center in a mohair blend. The colours are going together nicely too. The alpacca is a soft green, and the Downton Abbey "Stone blue". The 4th border panel just keeps knitting in to become the center. I haven't read that far into the pattern, but I think I'll be sewing the other 3 borders together to the 3 center edges

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

btw - my daughter said I should get him checked out for dementia - his lack of concentration, mood swings and change of behaviour could be signs. Not sure how I can approach the Dr about this, but I certainly can't mention it to Bob. What to do, what to do..........

YES! Tell the MD. When Ben had the brain bleed, (the first one that was not detected) he started doing things that were out of character and negative character traits become more pronounced. By that I mean, he had always struggled with time management & financial things but it became exponentially worse. It could be early signs of dementia but a minor brain bleed can also cause problems. It can be detected with a CAT scan. Blood is a irritate and "poisoning" to the brain when there has been a leak.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I scheduled the appointments for April 20th. Mine is first, so I can describe my concerns to the Dr before he sees Bob. Hate to see it drag out so long, but even for either of us to move into a Senior's apartment, you have to get a medical to show your independence.

WOW, that is not the case here in my part of the state at least. I think that is probably not a bad idea.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

what's not a bad idea - the medical?

Victoria Harbour, ON

June came in, she is an expert knitter, she ran into a glitch and asked if I could help, hard in the middle of a complex design to get the jist of it..donít know if I helped or not, we will see

Over the last few years Iíve seen her fail a little and so she should, she is 88 but she said being inactive die to Covid is doing her in.,memory not the best..she was always a get up and go person, now house bound

I think itís a great idea Susan for both, needing a medical incase one needs to live 8n an apartment and to see if something is going awry with Bob.

Iíve been knitting here and there today wearing my shoulder strap, not overdoing

This message was edited Apr 6, 2021 3:15 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

I'm going great guns on the knitted wrap I'm making. Have the 4 edgings & borders done, and the center piece calls for 13 repeats of a 12 row pattern on 93 stitches. So far I have 10 of the 14 patterns.

Victoria Harbour, ON

You are indeed going great guns..you will be wearing it by fall

Can't wait to see your shawl Susan.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Raining, might embroider M on a set of towels..now is I have tear away grrr

I had heard (and I have heard it more than one from professionals) to use saran wrap on TOP of the towel to keep the design from sinking into the terry cloth. Have you ever tried that Betty? Seems there are SO MANY PRODUCTS out there that we "need" LOL.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I like the WSS that looks like fabric. It holds up better.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I just buy what they call for, donít do a lot anymore
After the day I had embroidering I think it will be awhile before I do more grrr

uh oh... didn't go so well Betty, sorry to hear that.

Victoria Harbour, ON

The actual embroidery did well, nice design but somehow when I went to do the 6Ē of the set a glitch happened

Havenít been sewing much since there is so much work to be done outside..

Made a pact with myself, for every hour I work I mush rest an hour inside...letís see how long that lasts lol

Well, it's a good goal! Whatever you do, I hope it works. I hate to hear you are in pain.

Oh my... I have laughed so hard!!! Stanley would NOT leave my spools of thread alone on my sewing table. I finally showed him the water bottle and his eyes got big & moved to his hammock. He quickly forgot & returned to grabbing at the spools of thread. I took aim with my water bottle and he tore out of the sewing room like his butt was on fire! I have not seen him since. Goodness I love that naughty little boy!!!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Jessica's new kitty Holly is very naughty. She do know when I mean business though. I will not hesitate to grab the water bottle when she messes with my sewing stuff. Just a few minutes ago she was under the covers of my bed running all over.

Cats can be so cute, while being naughty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I just say ďnoĒ with my finger up and off goes Ziggy..lord knows he has taken to clawing and Iím not happy..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Didtesr pieces on side of quilt on frame.played yesterday and again this morning.wanted to use clear but I tried white while testing, regular thread looks ok so Iíll go for colour.

Did 1/2 hr this morning, will do another 1/2 hr this aft..no hurray

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Quilts I made for coming great grand son arrived today and I finally have pictures of them. I had made the animals one when my daughter told me they were doing baby's room in Outer space theme. That panel I had been searching for and a lady very kindly said she had it and would send to me. I offered to pay for it and shipping but she insisted it be a gift. It came all the way from England. I'll be sending her a photo too.

Thumbnail by siliolegma Thumbnail by siliolegma

Beautiful quilts Karen.

Karen, those are incredibly cute!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iím sure they were a great hit Karen, beautiful

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Thank you. Wish I could give in person.

I know, half the fun of making them is seeing the delight when they are received.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.