APRIL Challenges, Projects, Organizing Ourselves, a sharing of ideas..newcomers always welcome

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Got Payton's tee shirt quilt sewn together today. Towards the end I was getting worn out, it's so very heavy. He likes it and that's the important part. Just need to add border and will be ready for it to have the quilting done. I've posted on a couple sites looking for long arm quilters. Andrew is back on active duty and my only other option is to mail to MI. That will cost a bunch, and take quite a while.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Where does Payton live? Is it possible to find a long arm quilter THERE, ship it and have the work done there? Possibly the reduced cost of shipping etc will offset some of the cost of having the materials bought there and picked up by family.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Might be an idea Pat except we live in the same house. I posted a query to a couple of our local sites and have a couple leads. I email and am awaiting an answer.

lol, guess you don't have to ship to him!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Surely there must be someone who lives close by..somebody will lead you in the right direction..

Hat train8mg all day now off to pharmacy to pick up meds..at least during my lunch break I cooked supper..mashed potatoes, beans and cabbage roll

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Found another person to do the long arm quilting. He is an hour away but no further than going to Andrews and his price is reasonable. Jess and I had lunch and then poked into a nursery that we had been wanting to see. Drats!!!! I keep saying no more and then they had Bougainvillea. I have wanted some forever. About 6 different colors too, just to add to the fun. Didn't get today but likely will soon.
Freeze here last night, Jess covered what she could but I know we'll lose some. What the heck happened to our spring.

Ya Karen, my roses got nipped a few nights ago when it dropped below freezing. I am glad to hear you have found a new long armer to try!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not sure how my plants survived yesterday snow, today it was sunshine but Lordy we are having high winds.

As on the other thread about your quilt, glad you were able to not only get it done but at a good price, add in a nursery and that is a perfect day...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over..

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1548913/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.