SOLVED: Can someone identify this hanging plant?

catskills, NY(Zone 5a)

I had a new bag of soil that I had placed several seeds in from the Goumi tree. This exotic plant came up (which is most definitely not in the goumi family, that I'm aware of). It's very healthy, likes indirect light (facing a Northern window), needs to be watered daily (it will quickly wilt) and is growing quite fast. It has beautiful pink flowers with yellow in the center. I cannot find anything like this so far in my searches. I hope that I've provided enough info. Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thumbnail by Rowan13
Richmond, TX

The blooms look like snapdragon, but the growth pattern does not. Perhaps it is just lacking light.

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

Looks like one of the trailing snapdragons.

catskills, NY(Zone 5a)

Thank you! I thought it may have been in the snapdragon family but I've never seen one that trails and grows so wild like this.

Is this a new type of snapdragon and do you know if it is a perennial? The seed must have come from inside the brand new bag of potting soil. It's very odd, but beautiful. I'm keeping it moist and it seems to be doing quite well.

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4b)

I can't imagine that it would be any more perennial than the average snapdragon, glad it's growing well!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.