Will this flower?

Amherst, NH(Zone 4b)

Canít decide whether to pull this clump out or keep it. Hard to tell, but leaves are striped. Donít remember planting anything like this, but may have come with other items from friendís garden.

Thumbnail by desmaraisdesign
Castro Valley, CA

Don't pull it yet! LOL It is not about to go to seed so you have time. Stick your finger down a side and see if you feel a bulb.

It could be a grass which would explain why no flowers yet. Or in NH, are your early spring bulbs not flowering yet?

My next thought was Star of Bethlehem - Ornithogalum umbellatum where you will feel bulbs. Thought to be very weedy. And your leaves are more stiff upright than I would think Ornithogalum umbellatum's are.

There are also crocus with those white striped leaves but flowers should spring forth fast.

Amherst, NH(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the idea of checking for bulbs without digging up the plant. Yes, rest of spring bulbs are in bloom here so I am pretty sure it is not a crocus.

Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

My first thought was Star of Bethlehem too. It seems like the foliage starts dying down before it blooms white star shaped flowers. At least that is what mine is doing right now.

istanbul, Turkey

It could be a grass which would explain why no flowers yet. Or in NH, are your early spring bulbs not flowering yet?

https://testmyspeed.onl/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.