MAY Organizing Ourselves, Sharing Ideas ..always a seat should we need to support each other!

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Sure hope you are feeling better soon Betty.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I hope it goes well for you Betty. That you recover and the project is as "simple" as it's supposed to be.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just came upstairs, Iím just freezing.. I havenít even been outside
Tub is running, that will warm me up

No wasnít easy, itís amazing how much stretch there is in joggers and how little fabric there is..cut out 1 2/3Ē strips and did sew as you go method on canvas I used for front..got 3 tops embroidered so all ready to assemble

Think if I would have thought about what supplies I have Iíd have said no

Had to use off shades of grey for embroidery..trying to figure out how to stuff pillows..she also wants a pocket on them, not sure I have enough fabric to add it..we will see.. have enough today!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Maybe make them like reading pillows with a book pocket?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Could gave worked had she not had very special ideas
Took a gravol, will sit let tummy settle then will go have a look at them

Betty, not every request is necessary to fulfil. Another option would have been for her to supply ALL the materials so she understood what she was requesting. Many people (MOST people?) are clueless when they make a request for us crafters to do something!!! With Covid, our supplies are limited and our ability to get more is VERY restricted. Let's face it, it's been 10 years since his death. What makes THIS Saturday so special? I hope I don't seem insensitive, that is not my goal but to recognize not ALL "wants" are possible or reasonable. You were given the stuff on the 12 & she wanted by the 15th, and you were not even feeling good.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hate to disappoint a friend..

The girls did not come up for Motherís Day, not sure they are tomorrow but in honour of Mike she wanted to do something special. Hardest was cutting up the sweat pants just incase the project didnít turn out.

Lindakay and Karen you met Ann, she came to Frankenmuth the year we all met up, Judy and Joyce, sure was a fun day

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Yes, I remember meeting her. I enjoyed that day very much.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

That was a fun meet-up. I was telling some friends in the other house about it and we are planning a get together hopefully this fall. I've met one from there whose mom lived nearby when we were in MI. Looking forward to another meet with online friends.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Will be nice for you

Iím missing Joyce, Kathy and Sherry fr9m Ohio and Debbie from NY not being able to come last summer and likely not this year unless border opens

Going to a nursery with Sharon this morning, would like a few coleus for my wooden planter on back deck and some few a few planters outside..they have metal art, sure hope one doesnít c9me home with me lol

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh I'd have a hard time coming home empty handed from a place with metal sculpture.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lucky for me that nursery is closed Sundays..tomorrow is another day..we will be sitting 8n their yard for 9am

Yes metal art sculpture is ONE of my weaknesses!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mine are pretty well all rusted type..
I did see a life size black metal crow but wasnít going to pay $45.00

Amazing howvthe prices keep going up, on everything. Groceries, flowers, fabric...

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have made the painful decision that I can no longer manage quilting. Especially the QOVs. I will still be trying to make baby quilts as they become needed.
Once we get done with Payton's grad party, I will be taking stock of what I will keep and what I will be selling.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sad time for you for sure..hard decision especially not making the quilts of valour, but you know and only you know how you are feeling and as hard as it is deciding to work on odd small piece it will still bring you joy..especially if itís a grand or great grand.

Bet Covid suck a good part of your energy..you have been blessed to have survived!

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I do feel as if my energy has been sucked out. I have a hard time walking and stairs are nearly impossible more than one or twice a day. Another reason to retire from quilts. I'm determined to keep my ability to walk. Still practicing in the driveway and the stores.
I'm taking a large amount of supplements but they don't seem to be helping me. It will be interesting to see how my next blood draws go. If no improvement, The extra vitamins are just a waste.

This message was edited May 21, 2021 7:02 PM

Sorry to hear that Karen. But totally understand.
Wish I was closer to buy some of your stuff, if and when you decide to sell.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Karen, could you put in a chair lift, donít use mine often but itís there should it be needed. Linda put one in, she was worried that she and Dave might not use it but she said does all the time, even help bring up laundry baskets etc.

I as well Lindakay wish I lived closer, but I almost think you and I have more than we need right now as well 🥰

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lindakay, you mentioned when I said I put the garden piece in the fire pit that I wasnt normally a quitter (Something like that) lol so I went and took it out of firepit and put it in back shed so with nothing to do I just might go out and get it...😂

Glad you rescued it.
I know we have all had those projects we feel like trashing.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Worked on it an hour..back in firepit or hidden in behind the totes

Karen, I 2nd the thought of looking into a stair lift. My BFF put one in. She uses it for packages etc ALL the time. If it's the stairs ONLY, really consider the lift.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have looked into them Pat. We would need two and if that was the only thing would probably consider at least one. My hands have gotten so bad, I even drop my eating utensils and struggle to cut my own food. I can sew small projects but quilts are just beyond me now. I'm OK with my decision, sad of course but I knew this day was coming.

I can understand. We all have times in our life when change just is necessary. You have made so many beautiful quilts and blessed so many with your talents. Time to pass on the skill with "teaching" and less hands on.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Heart goes out to you Karen and yes as Pat says eventually we all have to make those kinds of decisions and being thankful for for the times we accomplished much.

Did I show you quilt Sharron just finished..her hands shake so badly but quilting with ruler seem to help.

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I love Sharon's quilt. Giraffes are very in these days.

Sooo cute and Karen is right, Giraffes are current "in thing". Although elephants are still having a strong presence in nurseries.

Betty, that quilt is so pretty. She did good on the quilting as well.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I'm thinking it's jungle babies of all kinds that are so big right now.

I think you are right Karen.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Tomorrow I will be presenting what is probably my last QOV. Going to Sis' in NC. Army buddy of BIL is visiting and they wanted a quilt for him.

That will be an especially satisfying presentation I am sure.

I know he will love the quilt Karen.

Victoria Harbour, ON

How wonderful Karen..quite a way isnít it..will you stay and visit for a few days?

They called for rain all day, a storm but it passed me by so instead of sewing like I was going to I cut and trimmed the grass

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

We came back home same day. Presentation was very moving. Bill was teary and shaking with emotion. He had received some terrible treatment when he got home from Vietnam and was hit hard by some of it. He said this was the first time he felt good about his service.

WOW, that certainly made the presentation worth it!

It's a shame how our vets were treated when they came home.

Victoria Harbour, ON

.how heartbreaking for him Karen..warmed not only his heart but yours as well
God bless you

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.