JUNE Challenges/Organizing Ourselves and Sharing of Ideas...come sit a spell!!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Few hours early, thought Iíd start us on a new thread...

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1548913/?page=5#post_10517206

Between taking on a few household projects and garden time Iím plum tuckered out to sew..that being said, never too tired to look for new projects lol

Love this one, can a baby have too many quilts?

This message was edited Jun 1, 2021 8:32 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Darling quilt. A friend from the other house will be stopping by on her way home to GA. Bringing me some Mountain Phlox to plant and rhubarb to make a pie. I'm excited, it's been way too long.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Betty, NO, a baby cannot have too many quilts!!! LOL
Karen, how lucky for you! Phlox, rhubarb and a friend's visit!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Exciting for sure Karen..I just cooked rhubarb, love it for a treat with 1/2Ē butter slapped on bread lol
Wish I lived closer,I very so many different coloured phlox

How did I know Pat you would say one can never have too many quilts

This message was edited Jun 1, 2021 3:57 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new thread Betty. Hard to believe it's June already.
I love that giraffe quilt.
Karen, enjoy your visit.

Just need to sew the half square triangles on each corner, then sew the blocks together.

Thumbnail by taters55
Victoria Harbour, ON

Very striking, will love to see it completed

Lovely kaleidoscope! What fabric did you start with?

This is the fabric I started with.

Thumbnail by taters55

That's really cool. I have been too lazy to give it a try! But it fascinates me!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Can hardly imagine they can come from same fabric lindakay..beautiful!

Worked on doing a penguin, itís ready to be attached to towel, little old for a baby but he will grow into it..I used flannel from penguin quilt.

Will finish it in the morning

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Betty, that is so pretty.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I really enjoyed making those towels last Christmas. I made them for even the smallest baby and it wasn't long before he was being wrapped in it. Now he runs around in it. Really need to get thinking on what I can do this year.

That towel is adorable!

Andrea mentioned that she wanted to buy 2 towels for each of the kids, put their name on it and THAT was their towel. I guess some of the kids are towel hogs and are not good about keeping up with their laundry, then they have ALL the towels dirty in their room!! Before she mentioned that I had been contemplating buying each of the kids 2 towels in different colors so they would know which as theirs.

I don't use a different towel everyday, and I dont' think with 5 kids it feasible to think they should. Hang the towel up, let it dry & reuse it. I understand not everybody feels the same way.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I go through at least 1 a day, more so since I watched marketplace testing of towels..I do a 1/4 machine looking ad everyday so easy to throw it in..Roger just before he died I did all of Texas/crossed over to Mexico, was gone almost a month..he died a month later, anyway his biggest joy was to tell me he only used one towel..he said same, you are clean when you wipe yourself down why use another towel lol

LOL... oh my! ONE towel in a whole month. THAT is taking water and electricity conservation to extreme! LOL

I do use a clean wash cloth everyday to dry my face, and to dry my hair. My hair is SHORT!

This message was edited Jun 14, 2021 12:21 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

He was trying to prove a point, doubt he did it lol

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

We've been having plenty of rain. Good for what we've planted so far. The Pampas grass that looked nearly dead is now thriving. I hope it continues.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Rain last night for an hour or so, we need more

June and Pat were here today, we all enjoyed
Pat got one hooded towel done and embroidered the 2nd hand towel..june is forgetful, forgot it was Tuesday and that she needed towels

My today's schedule went out the door when we developed a summer storm with wind & rain. When it calmed down I did clean in the back flowerbed in preparation for those flowers I bought Saturday.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Madea few hooded towels as youíve made, hated to jaws but that is what they wanted, now I bought a Wonder Woman design and am making one for an adult, have any of you changed measurements to accommodate ie beach towel with bath towel to make hood but cut down?

Wonder Woman listed below looks like a nice piece to do

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Madea few hooded towels as youíve made, hated to jaws but that is what they wanted, now I bought a Wonder Woman design and am making one for an adult, have any of you changed measurements to accommodate ie beach towel with bath towel to make hood but cut down?

Wonder Woman listed below looks like a nice piece to do

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Those are so cute Betty. So need to come up with an idea for Christmas this year and get started.

Karen, how many do you make gifts for? Betty I really liked the 2nd shark with the striped towel.

I haven't made them. Would love to learn how. Who has the instructions? What site?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Pat I think about 18 have to count up.

Linda Juju has the embroidery designs and a great tutorial. One thing I learned. Do not use the thickest towels. Very difficult to sew together. A nice medium weight works best.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Major storm, ditches overflowing
Neighbours gathering, young/old to unblock municipal drain..exhausted

Alright for Doctor to say rest today..not
Lifted anything that had electrical off basement floors, prepared all towels/ blankets should pumps not keep up
What would do me in is radar shows mega storm passing through. Again in a few hours is if hydro goes out

Took hot bath to warm me up, climbed into bed to get comfy, long night ahead of me
Sure wonít take a sleeping pill, need to be alert

Oh Betty!!! My excessive heat issues are NOTHING compared to your storm! I pray your pumps keep up and the neighborhood issues will be sufficient to prevent the worst from happening. .

Victoria Harbour, ON

Survived yesterdayís storm but they are calling for a bad one later today so here is hoping

To keep myself awake Iím knitting on baby blanket I want to embroider name and date of birth on once he is born then I do a bit of housework then embroidered a folding bag topper, maybe Iíll have lunch and go make the actual bag

Hope you are having a good day..

Praying you have no flooding.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Rain again today Linda Kay but not enough to be worried about

J7ne and Pat were her, just had a bow of soup I made yesterday, feet up and thinking of napping as Iím still trying to catch up from not sleeping Saturday night

Pat finished her Spider-Man towel, June just gabbed and decided which design she wants for her hooded towel and I made another embroidered wallet fold shopping bag

Sounds like you are keeping busy with your friends.

Victoria Harbour, ON

They used to come on Tuesday mornings, sad now Aline passed away and Helene a few months ago from Covid, juneís Hubby Alex is 90 and unwell, her memory is:pretty bad, Pat is 88 but....terrible feeling losing friends from your 30ís

Tuesday morning gathering soon to end...

So sad indeed.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Went to Barrie with Sharon this morning, I went to lens mills and bought a fabric that is between satin/leather to make a Wonder Woman hooded towel, wanted her hair to have a sheen, also bought a panel to make a floor play quilt for cars, now to find dinky cars and a skein of white wool to finish baby blanket.

Because Darlene bought expensive towels for me to make an adult hooded towel I did not want to try fabric and design without trying it first..lots of stitching and I dry brushed colour on her cheeks..was a great design, now iím sorry I didnít try it on the one I need, that being said I will buy a towel and finish it, you never know when it will come in handy.

Because we live in cottage country our stores are open, so might head to Walmart at 7

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

LOL.... I understand wanting to do the whole thing first before touching the expensive materials!
This was not the day I had planned. I had hoped to paint the inside of the closet before I put the bar up, didn't happen. Oh well. Guess I sleep in the recliner again anyhow, too hot in my bedroom.

I love how the wonder woman came out.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

We are heading up to MI tomorrow. We have several things to deliver up there and a few to bring back. Will be glad to see as many as we can. Especially my aunt.
she is finally feeling better after her big bout with Covid. It left her with many problems. Last time we saw her she was still in bad shape but says she's better now.

Karen, enjoy your trip! Sounds like fun.

That Wonder Woman is cool, isn't it?

Victoria Harbour, ON

How wonderful Karen that you will get to enjoy your family and best of all your aunt..
Donít overdo

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.