JULY Ideas/Challenges/Organizing Ourselves..always ready for newcomers!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us over from here..

You have me chuckling Pat lol

Feel Iím back on the right track re sewing and being creative

Made hooded towels this week, few wallet folding type shopping bags

Letís see if it can continue and Iím back to my monthly challenge

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1549939/?page=3#post_10519248Moved us over from here

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I am not managing to address any of my UFOs it seems. I am just trying to focus on doing what I can to help A&A get moved.

I got one coat of paint in the closet, it didn't cover wonderfully (I didn't think white over DARK brown would) but it's the inside of the closet and I'm calling it "good enough".

I offered to make a drive up to Wooten to pick up the stuff for the dump run but was refused by Andrea. Ok, guess I just provide transportation for granddaughters Babysisting job.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Maybe she knows you are doing so much already..

I always buy the paint with primer in it..normally one coat does it..Iím not a fan of painting

(Linda Kay) Del Rio, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks for the new room Betty. Enjoy the fireworks.

Yes, I buy the prime/paint combo but when it's THIS much difference, one coat just won't cut it.
She doesn't want me to see how much is still left. It makes no sense to turn down a dump run! Oh well.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Doesnít sound Pat that she is too anxious to move..

Thanks Lindakay, the fireworks got cancelled due to storm rolling through

Hope I sleep in til at least 7 tomorrow

Actually she has incredible anxiety and usually just freezes up and cries during the whole time that she should be packing etc. She has enormous anxiety around people, she did not want me to see the mess. She WANTs to move, she just gets stalled at the work and then doesn't accept help. It's unfortunate & probably nothing I can do to change the situation. She actually has done a LOT more this move than the prior ones! I just try to remember it's "not me" and not lose patience with her.

Adam & Sam went up this evening to bring back the dogs, puppies & whelping box. It will be LATE when they get back. I have cleared the bedroom for the whelping box and I am headed to BED.

Victoria Harbour, ON

You have far more patience than I Pat, guess your training has taught you how.

Iím dreading dealing with Kyles girlfriend Destiny, apparently she is manic depressant, I by reading her posts can see her down far more than up.

That can be hard to work with. Good luck.

Oh my goodness.... how does ANYONE get ANYTHING done when there are puppies in the house? I find myself slipping over to the "dog room" and just watching them!!! They are not yet walking and their little eyes are still closed. Nova is such a sweet mama. Thaddaeus goes in, sniffs the babies while Nova looks on. If anyone doesn't know how the expression "dog pile" came to be, they have not seen a BIG litter of puppies!!! A mushed together and overlapping, crawling over each other looking for a better place to nurse. Or sacked out, sleeping in a pile. I find myself counting them, to account for each and everyone.

Awe. You need to post photos of them, please?

Victoria Harbour, ON

4 of Sharonís 5 puppies yesterday, 5th didnít want her photo taken..

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Awww... mini dog pile!

Awe! They are so precious.

I got a phone photo yesterday while Nova was nursing her puppies. I tell ya, watching those babies nurse make me glad I had ONE baby at a time!! The end one always cracks me up, tucks up between Nova's back legs to get to a nipple and hangs on!

I will try to get a picture today that more accurately shows their size. They are wobbling more, trying to walk. Imagine being a little blind baby, trying to find FOOD while competing with all your siblings! Listening to all their noises and little squeals just makes me smile. Now that they are more robust and less fragile, I am not as nervous being left alone with them.

The fenced yard being complete has been such a relief. Now, if I could just shut the neighbors little rat dog up, (Jack Russell mix possibly?) He is the most annoying thing possible. No, that's no quite true, at least this dog of theirs does not get out, their prior one barked non-stop AND got out frequently and broke off my perennials .

Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Too cute, you will do nothing but watch them in a few weeks 🥰

Been a long haul getting that fencing just the way you wanted it..soon you will run out of projects

Bought mini mouse from a different site..had to play with it..will mark out on a piece of fabric and figure it out.their worksheet says 15 changed but on the download only 10..regardless it turned out cute..they are addictive, must move on to something else 😜

Storm is over us, think I might just get in bed, more so to relax

Did a load of bedding, Iím excited to get into a warm bed

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Love those precious puppies.

Betty, I love that Minnie mouse.

The only yellow in the bunch.... he growled at me when he was unhappy about something, cracked me up!

Thumbnail by psychw2

I should find that Minnie Mouse for my almost granddaughter (Kevin's fiance's daughter)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Iíll get the site name for you Pat and send you the link..think I paid just under $4..if you order it Iíd send written step by step instructions, their photoís and numbers were off

When you all do embroidery do you have a little booklet that you marked step-by-step so you can refer to them a game when you want to do it with little things that might be confusing or off. Perhaps you all have very expensive machines that show you each step visually

My head wasnít with it this morning, I want to make a portable changing pad for the shower 8n 2 weeks, what did I buy?? The silver ironing board cover..for some reason it came to mind it was waterproof...think I could use it?

LOL... not sure why you want a charging pad for in the shower? and No, I don't think the ironing board cover will be waterproof. Ooops

Victoria Harbour, ON

Baby shoe lol
Guess here I thought I could do the month without supplies Iíve already come up with need #1 for my list

My sewing machine stops after color change and prompts me. I have not used enough different patterns to know what is "normal" and what is anything special my machine does.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

No silver is not waterproof. I made ironing board cover. When I do a lot of steam pressing, it drips.
Adorable pups. I keep getting weak every time I see puppies but I control myself. Have never not had a dog before. There are two here, not mine so that will do.

Yep, pet them, give them some love and let someone let take care of them! PERFECT! LOL

Yep, pet them, give them some love and let someone let take care of them! PERFECT! LOL
although, now with the fenced yard and doggy door, things sure got easier!

DFW Area, TX(Zone 8a)

Hello! This used to be my favorite corner of the internet - I was quilter_gal back in 2008-2010.

I was just reading some old threads and reminiscing. Have a great Sunday, y'all!

EJ, come on back! It could be your favorite again!

DFW Area, TX(Zone 8a)

Absolutely! :) I remember you from back then.

Weren't you in the paper-pieced heart swap? I still have my swap blocks, but I never sewed them together. I've been doing a lot of UFO finishing since New Year's, so there's still hope. :D

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Please do come back. I so miss all the quilters here.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Would be nice to do any easy block swap

Victoria Harbour, ON

Found a few swap block projects

Victoria Harbour, ON

Photoís didnít go through, trying again

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Betty, the Christmas quilt, I do not have a block in, but the other 3, I do. All 3 of my blocks are the bottom row of each quilt, how funny is that?

E.J. I have LOTS of blocks, I used to call myself a "block collector" not a quilter, since I had so many blocks and no quilt tops made up! Seeing Betty little trunk show has peeked by interest in going back and getting some done!

Victoria Harbour, ON

You should Pat, gave the Christmas block one to Suzanne, she cherishes anything made..do any of you write down who you have given a quilt/throw to and which one??

Sure wish I had..should try and get all the photoís I can find and ask who has it lol

I think I have enough blocks for another quilt, must go look but first a little rest

Right now I seem to be barely keeping my head above water so right now it's unlikely I will working on any quilts! I really should start to keep some kind of journal of quilts when I finally get some done & gifted.
I spent much of Saturday looking for those "water storing crystals" that are used to hold moisture in soil or to make the cooling bandanas. LOTS of places are out and I found NONE so I will try again today. I wanted to have at least 7 made by this afternoon as part of a gift box for the young women but not looking like that will be very likely.

The 8 foot wooden Sasquatch that my SIL cut out & I painted black. He was part of the decorations for Sharon's 6 YO Bday camping trip.

Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg, omg isnít he something, for sure she should rent him out for special occasions..someone will be so thrilled.

Iím sure last thing on your mind is crafting.. I bought my crystals at Michaelís but have seen something similar at Dollar tree or Dollarama, not sure they are as good but worth a try. I gave Marie two the other day I think I only have one left time I restock as well..

Canít imagine that youíve no time for Sewing right now as youíre just organizing yourself for your new way of life, soon youíll be able to get out a machine with Stanley by your side

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

I have files for all my QOVs and the recipients recorded with photos. Likewise the quilted tree skirts and Tee-shirt quilts.
I learned back when I was making the heirloom clothing for the grands. If I wanted photos to take them myself.

I haven't kept track either. Something I need to do.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.