Tree with Berries Needs IDing

Carlisle, PA

Hi, Can anyone ID this tree for me? It's a small tree...probably 8-10 ft. tall, and has peachie-yellow "berries". Two pics are attached. This tree is in south-central PA. Picture taken today (11/18/21). Thanks!

NOTE: I added more photos (below) to help ID this tree. Thanks!

This message was edited Nov 21, 2021 1:48 AM

Thumbnail by Turkeycatsmom Thumbnail by Turkeycatsmom
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

I suspect that is an orange/yellow fruited Flowering Crabapple selection.

It is always helpful to see the WHOLE tree, and then additional detailed elements to supplement.

Carlisle, PA

I took additional photos of the tree I'm trying to get an ID. Photo on left is the tree's leaf; 2nd from left is the tree; 3rd from left is its fruit sliced open; 4th from left is a sample of its fruit. Hope this helps with getting an ID. Thanks!

Thumbnail by Turkeycatsmom Thumbnail by Turkeycatsmom Thumbnail by Turkeycatsmom Thumbnail by Turkeycatsmom
Scott County, KY(Zone 5b)

The additional details could include bark/trunk photos, and then some good closeup of twigs or branches which would show clearly the dormant buds and any other features like lenticels.

The sliced open fruit does NOT remind me of a member of the Apple/Crabapple tribe; perhaps you have a selection of the closely related Prunus sp. - some kind of cherry.

Carlisle, PA

Hi Again,
I am now posting two pics of the tree. Hopefully I can get an ID for this posting. See two previous postings in this string for other photos.
Thanks,
Turkeycatsmom

Thumbnail by Turkeycatsmom Thumbnail by Turkeycatsmom

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.