DECEMBER SEWING..sharing of ideas, organizing ourselves!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy, almost forgot it’s December..
Moving us over

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1552971/

Although I did not post of my sewing lately i have been sewing..time i snow at a premium, i must get Jeff’s guitar quilt started and Grayson’s play Matt..

I’ve enjoyed your photo’s, what great quilts you’ve all been making.

Prayers for Karen

This message was edited Dec 7, 2021 5:53 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

On this snowy winter morning having shovelled for a few hours i will sit and go through my cut packages of pieces for Jeff’s guitar quilt..off way they have instructions but to start i am going for this search of pieces…

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Jeff's guitar quilt will be wonderful, I am sure. The memory quilt is just beautiful. Is this one you were hired to make?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, both done, she wanted to come up from the city but weather wasn’t good.

I have background fabric cut, to top that looks like ceiling and side on but can’t find the wall mount to hold guitars..drats

I want to order this embroidery ripper but i will call local fabric shops to see if they can order in

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I have no but I don't use it like they pictured. I use it take out seams. I like it for that.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Isn’t the seam one different?

Didn't look different to me but maybe....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Likely is, said embroidery repair lol
Did you rest today?

Mostly yes.

At 4.15 I went to a medical supply place to deliver my BIL's wheelchair for repair. I did not step high enough over the curb: I caught the toe of my shoe and landed on my knees on the cement sidewalk. I'm sure I will hurt even more tomorrow! LOL

That was the only thing I tried to accomplish today. No good deed goes unpunished.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty, I think this is a rip off. I bought a men's battery moustache trimmer at Walmart for under $15. Works perfectly for this and seams. I've been using it for years. People take ordinary products and call them specialized in order to charge gonzo bucks.

This message was edited Dec 11, 2021 12:29 PM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Karen have you tried them on embroidery stitching you would like to remove

Betty, do you advertise your kid's classes in town? Are kids that attend VERY local? How do you go about deciding how much to charge for a class?

Victoria Harbour, ON

We have have a community hub on Facebook and I mentioned one day that I missed having the grands come to do Sewing and three women contact me if their boys wanted to learn.

I had so many scraps that i said $20 each and i would supply materials up to Christmas and if they wanted to learn major projects after Christmas they would have to purchase materials or i could pick it up and they can reimburse
I have 2 more, one a few minutes ago call to get into class after the New Yearand also a couple adults..like l8ndakay, gives me something to do

Just checked, 113 have liked the update on Saturday classes

This message was edited Dec 12, 2021 8:50 PM

Way cool!!! I have my brother coming tomorrow to pick up a few pet pads that they will donate to the local shelters. I cut up all the scrap fabric, batting & fleece, I use it for filler. Then I make a simple cover. I don't feel guilty then when I don't want to use my scraps for something. Gives me a use for leftovers & salvage edges etc. I just keep a wastepaper basket on my cutting table to throw the scraps in. I make a new pad when it's full. My brother & wife are very active volunteers for the pet shelters.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty, I have used them successfully for embroidery removal. Would be a much cheaper alternative to try and see if they are for you.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Well Karen and Pat I will go in search of one..moustache trimmer right? Maybe Walmart Bess place to get it?
Already embroidered 3 hand towels to make into a snowman..they are quick to do, that and cookie cutter makes a nice little gift under $5.00

Played at cutting mitt and hat sized for gnome cedar arrangement

Now off to put a FSL 3D angel for Sharon..if all that is done by noon then i can move on to Jeff throw

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Walmart was where I got mine. Battery operated is good, no cord in the way.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hm, next trip to Walmart..doesn’t eat up fabric?

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Keep it in the hoop. Helps protect the fabric. Slow and steady. Process cannot be rushed. Of course works best on smooth fabrics. Toweling, not so good.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Piece i want to do was quilted
This one

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Paula's mixer cover. I did a cross hatch over all the background. Outlined all the figures in the square & frames. It's pictured over 2 small garbage cans with a throw over it to give it volume to fill out the cover. I used fusible batting for the long sides and regular batting for the narrow sides that extend up and over. I put a handle on it to make it easy to remove. If she wants another one, it will be made from pre-quilted fabric, and I have the pattern made now, so it should not be so nerve wracking. About 2 hours worth of work instead of 20 or more! All the cats have an extra frame of fabric, then sewn and turned thru a hole to prevent shadowing. WHAT a pain. And sh e wondered out loud to me "what's so hard about a mixer cover". That's when I found out she had just been putting a pillow case over the mixer. Well duh, if THAT's what she wanted, I wish I had known!!! LOL

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Omg Pat, so hope she appreciates the amount of work you put into them..they sure turned out great..hope you took a pattern.

I have my guitars sand which but sure not going to attempt quilting it today, can’t move, amazing how we flex our shoulder muscles when we quilt.have no idea how i will quilt it..sure hope Jeff shows a tad of “like”

Boy, I understand that. I know Dana got his "wall hanging" to cover the Hot water tank because he deposited the check that was in the same package.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Sad way to find out lol

Been quite the month but here i am feet up at 12:30,
supper at 4:00, have alarm set for 2 so i can put the ham in..3:00 I’ll turn on potatoes and we will be right on time

Mom just went for a nap and i will try to grab an hour
Plaid Christmas only comes once a year

Yes, it would have been nice for him to CALL and TELL me that he liked it!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Boys
Lol

Some of the next projects to start from the block of the month embroidery class I was in. Next meeting is Feb 16 & we are to have at least 1 of the 4 sets made into a quilt top. These are 2 of the sets, I have pictured Marie & mine earlier (pink on white background).

Thumbnail by psychw2 Thumbnail by psychw2
Victoria Harbour, ON

Very nice Pat, those colours are spectacular.

I remember last year at this time labelling my 2021 todo’s
Yikes most still in the same tote. What to heck did i do last year!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Moved us to here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1553694/

This message was edited Jan 1, 2022 5:46 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.