who all does stain glass?

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

Would love to hear who all does glass ..
and if you have tried the Morton system

Thumbnail by mingsmimi
Cicero, NY(Zone 5a)

I do,nice picture,I have heard of the morton sytem but have no idea what it is

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

it will change your life. I just have the basic system,the cutting board and the 2 breaking tools. Its unreal. Orcourse I have been doing glass for like 4 years. that makes a difference.But its really nice. ~p.s. I did not learn glass to begin with that way. Found out about it much later.

This message was edited Monday, Feb 4th 8:08 AM

OH My,that is so pretty. You can come and do my front door for me. I have never done it but have thought about it and that's as far as I have gone. Our storm door is all glass and would love to have something done to it like this. Can a person buy small kits to start out with or do you have to buy each item seperatly? The only thing is,I would be afraid to take that first step and messing it up. I would like something that I can do and then peel off if I want to change the design. Our front door faces the Southwest so we really get that afternoon heat in the summer time. How does it hold up to the heat of the sun,especially these hot Texas summers? Sorry about all the questions.

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

when I FIRST started to get interested in glass, I saw that Gallery Glass on QVC....I got that kit and there it sat, under my bed. then. (it was soo strange) I had been cutting this one guys hair for years and HE told me how his friend was teaching him how to do glass....I listened and half heard. Well, one day I saw his commercial on cable and I thought...this is a sign. So, I called him up and took his class and have been hooked ever since. It is a alot of fun to do,
Look in your local area, I'll bet someone there teaches

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Haven't heard of the Morton system. I have the rubber "breaking tool" and nippers - can't imagine how it would be different. Maybe I have it and didn't know, lol!!

Just did a quick search for M. S., they really do have some neat tools. I especially like the "Circle Cutter", it's hard for me to get a good circle, I just use a round object such as a lid or glass of some sort, but when I go to cut it's not always round, lol. Then after the grinding, it may even be more lopsided, I only do simple things anymore - sort of got burned out. You are so cute, Mings, thanks for posting this.

This message was edited Monday, Feb 4th 9:33 AM

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

The board with the Morton is wonderful. It catches all our little glass slivlets and those 2 breaking pieces, Don;t under stand how they help, but. you make some really nice, clean breaks....I still use my nippers, but. haven;t touched my running plyers for a long time.You will not believe the difference ....I just got the basic system after I had seen it at a friends house. its amazing! I use www.delphiglass.com ~~~~ Maybe I was put in your life to snap you out of your being burnt out with glass! Your bathroom window you posted was beautiful!!!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

You must be a real sweetie, thanks for the info.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images