What's growing at your house?

Rapid City, SD(Zone 5b)

My hyacinths are coming up and are about 2 inches tall - I was suprised to see them before the crocus! Daylilies are also showing.

It is still freezing hard here - but I see spring is on its way! The birds are back and singing their little hearts out.

This fall I planted 75 daffodils, 75 narcisus and 100 scilla. I haven't see any sprouts from these guys yet tho. I am so excited to see what they will look like!

The tulips that I planted last fall are about 3" tall now.

We've got Peonies (we now know, thanks to the Plant ID forum) that are about 2 feet tall.

Daffodils have been blooming for at least a month now - VERY pretty and a welcome sight after winter, of course.

We have 2 little hyacinth blooms.

There is another kind of bulb that is coming up in huge clumps - don't yet know what they are, but I'm waiting to see if they bloom with anything.

Dave

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

My Iris' are in gear! Roses are blooming, Marigolds, salvia, petunias, snaps, pansies(almost finished) strawberries are producing, so much more! Lisa

Lake Toxaway, NC(Zone 7a)

We have had a very cold spring, in fact we set record low temperatures of around 17 degrees here. But the daffodils survived and the pansies are struggling back. The grape hyacinths have small buds and so do the tulips. The maltese cross is up and so are the lupines. I transplanted the rose campion to a sunnier location, and I have already planted Johnny-jump-up seeds and a few Butterfly weed seeds. The rest are in the refrigerator waiting for warmer weather. Almost all of this is in the rock garden, the only (small) place that I have much sun.

I had forgotten about our irises. We now have a veritable ton of these, thanks to several members sending us packages. :) All Irises are doing great - but too many to mention. Many are well over a foot tall already.

I had to heavily cover them with straw several times this spring - we also saw temps in the teens even earlier this week. :(

Everybody seems to have survived! 3 feet of straw cover works wonders.

Dave

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom

Hello! I have snowdrops and winter aconites - just finishing. Daffodils, irises, crocuses, squill, hyacinths, grape hyacinths and tulips. I've also got hellebores, winter flowering pansies, bellis perennis and polyanthus. My neighbours are stopping to look at the bed I planted in front of my front door and compliment me on it. It just about rocks with colour!

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Daffodils, Tulips and Hyacinths as well as scillia are blooming now. Dutch iris and peonies are up but not blooming yet.
I forgot to mention the Iris. They are up but not blooming yet. Also lilies, lots of lilies. Callalilies are just poking thru the soil.
Calalily

This message was edited Sunday, Apr 1st 8:51 AM

Greenfield, IN(Zone 5b)

Daffodils, just beginning to bloom, hyacinth, tulip & some other mysteries poking through. Crocus up but not blooming, and Alium out there somewhere (according to the neighbor). Oh yeah! Surprise Lillies! Julie

Crestview, FL(Zone 7b)

Removed by member request

Williamsburg, VA(Zone 7a)

The daffodils in back are blooming and the ones in front should burst open with the next steady sunshine. Crocus and Johnny-jump-up are in bloom. Tulips are ready to burst open and of course, a nice stand of Dandelions! The Peonies, planted last fall, have broken ground. I planted five of them, but only see three.
Sayre

Yesterday our first tulip opened!! It's bright red.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

We have snowdrops and little crocuses, a couple of crazed Johnny-jump-ups and primroses. As the snow melts away from the gardens, there are tulips and daffodils pushing up through - some in places I forgot I planted. The hellebores had a rotten winter - tons of snow and then the chimney fell on some of them, but they are trying hard to overcome all.
Kathleen

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

I have daffodils, grape hyacinths, and giant hyacinths. Also Quince is full of blossoms, autumn joy sedum coming up as well as dracunculus. Crown imperials are up about 15inches and have blossoms on them. That's just the beginning here!

Montrose, PA(Zone 5a)

All my Spring bulbs are up and out except my tulips. All my Perenials are bursting out of the ground. Now I hope we don't get a killing frost!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images