Blue passion vine: making a return appearance?

Carbondale, IL(Zone 6a)

I rescued a blue passion vine from the garbage last fall that a hardware store had dug up from its display. I put it in a huge pot and cut it back and brought it inside. It eventually died all the way back, and I expected that. I've read that they grow back from the roots (whatever that means) and watered it a little once a month. I recently transplanted it into the garden due to the warmer weather. I noticed that it had tiny white roots growing from the gigantic roots that were originally on it. I figured it was still alive. It's been 2 months and no sign of any growth around the plant. Does this take a while to happen? Am I wasting garden space with a hopeless case?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Arianna, don't know. Tim would be the one to ask, but if it doesn't make an appearance, I have a Purple Haze rooted that I can send for postage.

Palmyra, VA(Zone 7a)

Rachel,

If it is a P. incarnata or P. caerulea, you will get suckers if the root is still alive. SInce you noticed white hairy roots, the large root must still be alive. Just give it some time.

Carbondale, IL(Zone 6a)

Calalily, can I take you up on that offer? I think the poor thing drowned in our storms we've been having!! I swear it floated an inch or two to the left...what's a Purple Haze?

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Here is a photo of Purple Haze. http://davesgarden.com/showthread/232927.html

Calalily that is a beautiful flower if you ever have a extra piece i would try to find somthing good to trade you :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.