"Blackie" Sweet potato .97

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I was amazed a few days ago to find the "Blackie" sweet potatoe vines at Walmart for only .97. I didn't buy any because I already had a nice one started from TIG. However, this am I found my whole plant cut off at the ground by some critter. I think I can root it again tho, I love them, they spread so fast & like it hanging over the granite wall next to the pool. This is last summer's pic.

This message was edited Wednesday, May 29th 4:08 PM

Thumbnail by Azalea
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

that isn't the one from me. surely it isn't???? what in the world did you feed that thing???????????

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

LOl - No TIG - this pic was from last year!!! But the one you gave me was doing well and had several new branches each about 6" long. I just put it in water hopefully it will re-root & I can plant it again. I keep pinching off the new leaves so they branch out. I kept having to cut the bottom branches off or people walk on them.

This message was edited Wednesday, May 29th 4:10 PM

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

whew, I have been *talking* to mine all day, scolding them for letting the best brother out of the family!!! :)
if you need more, come on down.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks - it will spread readily if the critters will leave it alone - I think it was a chipmonk - we are over run with them this year. They keep digging up my chicks & hens I just planted too. Did you ever get another cutting or leaf of the Blue sky vine??? Mine is doing pretty well now on my Pergola. It is big enough now that I can take one cutting if you need one back.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

I have one sitting here stagnant. not doing a blame thing! If you have enough, I'd love a cutting, and if this ones starts moving, I'll pass it along or give it back. maybe by the time you have it rooted, I'll know about this one. lost 2 after I gave you that baby, you just have the touch!!

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Azalea I have the blackie vine. I just don't have the pool and the granite wall for it to lay off of. LOL That is so nice on that wall.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.