Welcome to the Butterflies and Hummers forum!

As usual, by request from our members at http://davesgarden.com/showthread/272253.html I bring you this new forum.

Happy Birding,
Dave

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Dave, once again you are AWESOME!!!

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

wow - I'm the first to post in the new forum.....

I love hmmingbirds..........

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

I'm here! Got 4 feeders up and have lots of info on the little birdies. Way to go Dave!

(Zone 7a)

This is great Dave,love it!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Man...........dave, you are the man!!! I go and take me siesta, and I awake to find our glorious new forum!!

"eyes"

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

I got 5 feeders melody........and have spotted both the Monarchs and the Tiger Swallowtails already!!

"eyes"

Spicewood, TX(Zone 8b)

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!!!

Jerome, MI(Zone 5b)

thank you Dave....

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

My puter has been locking me away intermittently, so I couldn't get around much today. It was with great joy that I scrolled down the thread to find dave's "done!" I have been lazy about this subject, as the hummers visit with or without my help, but now I must get serious and read those books and visit those sites. People are in it with me. Great new forum, thanks, Dave!

Gulfport, MS(Zone 8a)

THANKS DAVE, you da man!!!!!!!!!!

Pinckney, MI(Zone 5a)

So, I know nothing about the humming birds except I do have some in my yard.... I have been told that the feeders must be sanitized 2x's per week and to boil the water before adding sugar and red dye.
Is there anyway you can have these feeders without all that work????

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

GrammieBarb, just grow the stuff and don't bother with all that dishwashing. I have heard of the hummers being made sick from feeders, so I stopped hanging them before I really got started. But I do make it a point to fill the gardens full of things they like.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Grammie Barb..............I use only red & purple feeders, I do add my sugar 1/3 to 2/3 boiling sugar. I throughly clean the feeders each time a fill them, but I don't sanitize them 2xwk!! I have more than a dozen different hummers visisting every day........relax a little.......does it rain every 3 days on your garden??

"eyes"

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

happy dancin in my pooter chair!

Blum, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh! Boy! DAVE you keep going..going..going and I keep looking,looking,looking Thanks! Again :)(smooch on cheek).

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Thank you Dave!!! .. This morning I saw red ruby hummingbird went into my garden.. noticed our feeder is empty.. oh I better go and fill up fresh nectar!

Sharpsville, PA(Zone 5a)

I have had a hummer once only. It came by, checked thing out and left. havent; seen it since. Still same nectar. maybe I should change it tomorrow morning.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.