Black and White Butterfly

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

These are a little blury and please don't ask me what it is! LOL Swallotail? This is from last August.

Thumbnail by Badseed
Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

That's a zebra swallowtail. Gosh!! You get those in Ohio? They don't come this far north so I've never seen one. I love the long tails they have.

Austin, TX(Zone 8a)

Oh, that was my FAVORITE butterfly when I was a kid. Wait a minute, there was that iridescent blue one that I don't know the name of and of course, the Monarchs.. gee, I guess I don't have a favorite after all. My parent's yard used to be full of butterflies. Mom didn't purposely plant a butterly garden, but she definately had one. My house, on the other hand, seems to be moth central. Some of those moths are pretty cool looking, though.

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I've only seen one zebra swallowtail so far this year. They are gorgeous.. Always stop me in my tracks.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

The irridescent blue one was probably a female Eastern Tiger Swallowtail. They can be either blue or a muted yellow design of the male counterpart.

"eyes"

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

We get loads of these and also the yellow one I posted. In the summer, when my butterfly garden is full of blooms, there are clouds of butterflies hovering about. Very often they will land on you. I need to make them one of those little dishes of wet mud buffet! LOL I had a hummer land on me once too. Darn near hit it because I thought the worlds biggest bug was trying to pollinate the flowers on my swim suit. :) People, mostly children are amazed at all the butterflies!

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Beautiful.. We dont have any like this over here..

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

It's a beauty. We get them from time to time.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.