Hummer dining

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

This is photo from last year. I have to get a new feeder, old one is leaking. Must be a female, kind of drab coloring.

Thumbnail by Debby
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Those are so pretty! I was tilling tonight and one was five feet from me enjoying the honeysuckle. Of course I didn't have a camera with me. LOL

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

We only have one pair this year. I'm so disappointed. Could sit on the deck and watch them all day when we had 7 pairs. What fun we both had. Even got whizzed on from time to time. They don't seem to mind flying right over head and letting go.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

i haven't seen any hummers here this year yet, but at the other house on the 20 acres, there have been quite a few around the feeder... also the orioles have been getting their fair share of the goodies too! oh, and i found a hummers nest, accidently, i was just walking down to the pond and looked up at one of the smaller trees and saw it..there it was...empty but soooooo small!!! and i didn't have my camera either :(

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Brugie: That is so funny. I have never been whizzed by them. They have flown over us, but never whizzed on us. They come to the window and look in, when we have the feeder down to refill.

Tootsie: What are your orioles eating, we have a pair. Have put out oranges, jelly and they don't eat them. They don't come to hummers feeder here.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

Debby: i was so excited to see the hummers, as soon as i hung up the feeder they appeared!! like they were waiting for it?? then a few minutes later i noticed another bigger bird eating out of the hummer feeder, i ran and got the binocculars, and sure enough it was an oriole:) 3 parts water to 1 part sugar, boil and when it cools i add red food coloring....i have read it isn't necessary for the color to be added, except the times i left the water clear i had no hummers!!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.