Joyce Marcou, did they develop into butterflies?

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

I mailed some cocooned caterpillars of the Gulf Fritillary to you when I sent passifloras last December. Was wondering if they were successful in your greenhouse. Hope you are seeing this.

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

Does anyone know Joyce? I can't find my notes with her member name without a lot of effort, and was trying to do this the lazy way.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

lol aimee......I dont know who she is, but interesting that you sent her some cocoons.
This weekend we were talking about silk coocons, reminiscing about our childhoods, and how we use to buy colored coocons and wait for them to hatch.
We also used to buy little birds with the express purpose of letting them go free....someting like making a wish on them. I dont remember the details though

Georgetown, TX(Zone 8a)

She wanted Passiflora Incense to grow in her greenhouse, and wanted to raise butterflies with them, as I recall. So I sent her a box full of passiflora vines and about half a dozen caterpillars which were just going into cocoons. She emailed me later that they had all attached to vines or other things and were settled in for their nap. That was the last I heard of them, but you know by now she has either hatched them or lost them. I really wanted to know how successful this sort of thing could be. The butterflies aren't as plentiful this year on my vines, and I have no idea why. But the blooms are there, and they do smell divine.

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Aimee,

"The butterflies aren't as plentiful this year on my vines, and I have no idea why."
cause you sent her the best ones...lol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.