Colrado Hummer

Franktown, CO(Zone 5a)

Guess I can't spell Colorado! While we were out in Co at our new bunkhouse we were buzzed by one so put up a feeder!

This message was edited Saturday, Jun 29th 8:58 PM

Thumbnail by Deanne
Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Isn't it amazing how one of these little fellas can bring a smile to your face. We have two around here right now & it just makes my day when I see them....Linda

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Same here, they bring such great joy to me. and really brighten up my day. I have two who frequent my gardens, I want them to stay here, and not go into my neighbours yards......so now I am planning on more plants/flowers that they like. The red monarda is a big hit with them as are the butterfly bushes and red hot pokers. any suggestions for other things?

Cochrane, ON(Zone 2b)

Pebble you definitely have to try the Salvia coccinea Lady-in-Red. They are really stunning in full bloom & it is like a hummer magnet around here. They are always around it & visit each & every flower. I'm sure you would be pleased with it. The same for the nicotiana, penstemon, nasturtiums, honeysuckle, single fuchsia & foxglove. I'm sure other forum members will have lots more to add.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Deanne........I have a feeder just like yours!! Wonderful shot.

"eyes"

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

My hummers dont seem to be visiting the feeders, just the flowers.....

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

Any of the salvias will bring them in. They also love guaranitica.(it's blue)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.