PVs in the Jungle House today

Deep South Coastal, TX(Zone 10a)

here's what was blooming today. They are from top left clockwise: Sanguienta, Lavender Lady, Purple Haze, Belotii, Foetide, Morifolia, Vitifolia, Biflora, Capsularis. I picked a ripe fruit from morifolia today.

Thumbnail by Calalily
Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

foetide is pink???

Mine is and yes I'm rooting cuttings for everyone that has sent me passifloras. Tim gave the name of it on another thread. It's loaded with buds, but the flowers close around 1 or 2 in the afternoon.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

mine should bloom soon, it's gotten huge. is this a seed you got from Tim?

(Zone 9b)

gee Cala, i have tried and tried to put a bunch of pictures together like you did.............. I will never get the hang of this! great PVS!!!

TiG, I got some PVs from the Liner Farm at a trade show. This one was just labeled "Foetide", but think it's actually spelled "Foetida".
Kell, this photo program came with my Windows XP. It's called 'Picture It Express'. First you bring all the photos you want to use to the clipboard, open a blank page, drag the photos to the page, stretch, shrink and move them till you're happy with the results and then click file and be sure you "save as" JPEG or they won't work on DG. If you just click 'save' they will be in Picture It Format, and you can't post them.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

sigh** my alata didn't make it home, I have no idea what happened. If you find a little bottle with my name in it, save it til we meet again.

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Hi Calalily, Your passion vines look beautiful, they are not outdoor hardy where you are or are they? I didn't think they were here except one variety. So you keep them in pots in a greenhouse through the winter??

(Zone 9b)

cala........obtw..........package sent yesterday.....look for it........I hope it does not fry! it is toooooooooooo hottttttttttttttt here.............

Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Calla, great Pvs....

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Cala................isn't foetida the one they call the "Stinky" passaflora????

"eyes"

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

RED FACE ALERT! note to self: self! don't just look for the bottle, check everything again, even if you think you did!

Cala, I couldn't find it cause I got it stuck in my mind that it was in a bottle. It wasn't:) isn't:) thanks!!!!

Paxton, FL(Zone 8a)

Beautiful, Calla.

Kell, if you have a digital camera, the program that came with it may have the ability to stitch on it. Mine did. We have a ricoh camera. Look under edit and see if it has stitch on it. First select the pictures you want to put together, then click on edit, then stitch. They play around til you figure it out. This is hoping you have it and didn't know it.

Lenjo, the caerulea alba and Purple Haze are hardy here. I'm trying Molissima, edulus and belotii in the ground now.
Eyes, the foetida has a sweet smell, the Sunburst is the stinky one, smells like something died.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

wait, the purple haze is hardy?? I just turned you down for that plant?? ummmm, can I change my mind??

Sure, aren't you glad I started lots of them?

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!! guess so. let me check in the morning and make sure I don't have it already. do you know if Blue Boutique is hardy here? I know I have that

(Zone 9b)

Thanks Gingerlilly.......I have Adobe Photo Deluxe but it is 2 years old (the camera et all stayed in closet for 2 years until I came to Dave's) so I am thinking it is not as easy to use as it should be. But I will check it out soon and look for "stitch" as I just took a bunch of pictures tonight! I am going to download a program Brugie has been telling to for weeks (she is sick of hearing me whine) if I do not figure this out SOON!!!

TiG, I'll have to check on Blue Botique for hardiness. Maybe Tim will come along and answer it for us.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Pretty!!! I would love to have that pinks!!! My cutting from Tim did not make it..

(Zone 9b)

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Gingerlilly...........I tried and tried last night to figure out my adobe deluxe program out. It does so many fancy things I will never do but can't seem to do the most basic! My husband also tried to figure it out till 1 AM.........and he is not so easily confused as I am........so I no longer think it is just me being a duh girl!

Kell, I just opened Adobe to see if I could do it. I'm not the best on a computer. Here's what I did; I opened Photo Delux, clicked on file,clicked on "new" selected an album to choose the photos from and holding down the ctrl key while clicking on the photos then clicked "open". These were then transfered to PD. I minimized all but the last one, to keep them on the clipboard. I then clicked "file" again, selected "move" and drug the photos from clipboard to the photo that was left(don't y'all love my technical jargon?)and then moved, stretched and shrunk them till I was happy. To save in JPEG format select move again and then you can move them to a JPEG file.
Hope this helps.

(Zone 9b)

Thanks Cala, I am going to try again tonight and will then follow your directions. We were working on several problems last night and solved none! 1 was attaching sev photos like you did, and another was being able to copy and just paste a photo into an email from my photos. We finally found AOL has a way to do it but my picture photos files are so huge it takes forever to upload them into the email and then to open the email with the pictures visible. So then we tried to figure out how to make the photos smaller so the file would be smaller. Then I downloaded a program that I hoped would do that and that led us to more problems. I was so hysterical with frustration at the end I left my computer in a huge huff and made it feel really bad at how it was treating me. I am still refusing to speak to it this morning. I bet my husband brings home a new program tonight called photos made easy for hysterical, hot, menopausal women who will NOT leave their husbands alone in peace!!!

Oh Kell, I know exactly how you feel!!

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Cala, just wanted to let you know, I have a nice big Purple Haze in a hanging basket. I can't bear to dig up the cup and saucer, but will earmark this pf for that place next spring.

TiG, how about a little blue spray paint on the blooms? People would drive from near and far to see your vine and they would walk thru your gardens and buy your extra plants.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

LOL!!! now that's a thought! actually, my blue, no white, cup and saucer turns out a light purple. It was almost totally open and still a cream color, but now it's turning purple from the base of the flower out. Wonder if that means the flowers will stay open a long time? anyway, next year there will be a purple haze there!

Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

Calla,they look wonderful,I have one that I planted outside last fall,and it came back !Still no blooms on the mama plant,so I have no idea what it is.Some of the seedlings from Tim's seeds are getting big....can't wait for blooms

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.