Hummingbird

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

I have a huge patch of Bee-Balm and the Hummingbirds are alway's in it ( Sometimes they fight over it quite a bit) Here's a pic of one that was in the patch.

Thumbnail by IRIS
Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

Iris, did you come into my garden and take that picture? I too have red monarda and the hummers flock to it, havent actually see them fighting over it though. I just love those little guys. Havent seen any in a couple of weeks though - I'm bummed :(

Greenville, SC(Zone 7a)

Pebble, They 'do' love the Monarda Don't they?!! Do you have the purple also? I have a patch of the purple Monarda that's just blooming now, They are not as large as the red though ~ The hummer's here seem to fight quite a bit, I have plants and feeders for them spread out all over an acre portion of the yard and yet they still have the're little spat's with each other! LOL! I just love to watch them! ~ Sorry to hear that you have not seen any in a while ~ That happens here too, They seem to dissapear for a while, But, They always come back, I hope your's comes back too.

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

That's because there are over 1500 varieties of them and they are constantly migrating.

"eyes"

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

I have it in my garden.. I notice that hummers go in my garden instead my feeder.... IT is my first year to have the bee balm.. I love it.. Now it's start to bloom for first time.. Yay Yay Yay...

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

i had a bunch of bee balm growing that the hummingbirds just loved. about 2 yrs. ago the flowers got some sort of mildew on them and never came up after that :( the hosta flowers are in bloom now so i expect to see the hummers back again??

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Iris can I have some of the bee balm? Only kidding. I probable got some at the Ru. LOL Seems like that was a long time ago. I'm ready for another one. I have it also and yes the hummers are always fighting around here. I haven't seen as many this year and butterflies also. Last year the lantana was full of both and the butterflies are really scarce this year. All of mine is through blooming for this year. Here in the south we pay the price now for all the early blooms we had when snow was still in your area. Now we have the heat and you have the blooms.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.