Close-up of the blooms on that crabapple!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Those of you who share my apprehension with bees will understand how nervous I was trying to get close to these blooms with all the buzzing going on around me! I lived to tell about it and didn't get stung...Yea!

Thumbnail by gardenwife
Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

gardenwife Love the photo. I never realized how lovely a crabapple bloom was! My old apple tree just has little white blooms. May have to put in a crabapple just for the flowers now! Glad you stayed an un stung hero getting the picture!

Troy, VA(Zone 7a)

GW - I have been researching crab apple trees for my area because I want one, or two or three...... that is disease resistant. Which one is this, it look gorgeous. My crabs in England were called Malus Floribunda!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Louisa - I have nooooo idea what strain it is. It was on our property when we bought our house in 1999 and the previous owner is deceased. :o( I'm not sure how disease resistant it is, either; it had a lot of dead in it and it doesn't produce any apples. As a matter of fact, last year, many of the buds never even bloomed. I pruned a lot of the dead out last spring and was rewarded with these terrific blooms this year, though -- who knows, maybe there will be apples, too. I kinda hope not because they attract yellowjackets (booo! boooo!).

Milo, IA(Zone 5a)

Beautiful picture. What make of camera are you borrowing. I keep thinking of buying one. Just can't make up my mind.

Cedar Rapids, IA

Absolutely lovely blooms on your crabapple.

Perhaps it is a variety that doesn't have fruit. My DH would say you should count yourself lucky if your tree doesn't bear fruit.

Rapid City, SD(Zone 5b)

Beautiful tree! Ours does have fruit - lots of squishy between the toes in the summer :) Mine looks different than that tho - I will get pictures when it blooms. Thanks for braving the fauna to get us a shot of the flora!

Superior, WI(Zone 4a)

Thanks for the picture.It helps warm things up around here.It's been raining for two days and it nice to see the sun still shines someway.
Dirtpig

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images