Hummingbird in my window

Brooksville, ME(Zone 5a)

I was lucky enough to catch this picture after a month of trying. They are hard to get into position in front of a window outside or in. Especially outside. I gave up on that although they let us get fairyly close. I don't have the zoom lens I would like for a really good shot.

Thumbnail by fairyhunter
Bodrum, Turkey(Zone 10a)

NEat, Neat, neat-neat..love it!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

You captured a great shot there! They are really difficult and looks like he stopped a bit to pose for you.

Brooksville, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks and yes it does seem like the hummingbird posed for the picture. Its funny how a few of them hover like that to look inside the window before or after feeding. We noticed a few do it nearly every time.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Great Shot.. What kind of hummer??? Here where we live.. we have lots of ruby throated hummingbird....

Grove City, OH(Zone 6a)

Good picture. A few days ago a hummer (ruby throated I think) did try to come into our kitchen through the window. There was a vase full of glads by the window and I think he really wanted them. Too funny.

Brooksville, ME(Zone 5a)

Yes it probably is a ruby throated hummer since that is what we have the most of.....I was so interested in the shot that I didn't really look at the hummer.

Good job. I'm still trying to get a photo that looks like a bird. I'll notice the birds at the feeders and I get the camera, wait wait wait. Turn the camera off and put it away and birds at the feeders.

Bay City, MI(Zone 5a)

wow, a very natural pose. i just refreshed their feeder again as i haven't seen any in about 3 weeks now :(

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.